Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Default Re: Alpha 2333

This crash was in level 4. Sorry, I can't recall the exact circumstances I was just building some rooms I think.
    I got a lot of crashes in the last hours. Now on the level when you first got the iron maiden.
    First time when I want to cast lighting
    The second time when I want to cast call to arms
    This was the last log Message:
    Error: set_call_to_arms_as_birthing: Invalid CTA object life state 0
    If you want to we can write on discord. I'm happy to contribute to this project. My username is Sir Silicon#5307

Default Re: Alpha 2333

If you say you got lots of crashes, I suspect you updated your 0.4.8 version into the alpha. You may have first updated with the full pack, but that there's still some SDL files inside your folder that should not be there and crash the game.
    Could you do a fully clean install of the 0.4.9 alpha?

I can't find you on discord, but I welcome any help we can get. Are you a member of the Keeperklan discord already? I would say join there, and I'll happily add you to the development channel there.

EDIT: For people reading along, it was fixed by changing his screen resolutions. Of course, the game should not crash at any resolution, but by making sure all his ingame/menu/movies resolusions where all the same, not 4k but a more moderate size in the right aspect ratio, the crashes stopped happening.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 4th, 2021 at 15:50.

Default Alpha 2352

Big update today. Some very impactful new features: Alpha 2352.
    I'm unsure about the added sound for falling objectives, I'd be happy to revert that change if people find it annoying, so let me know if you like it or not.

What's new:

• One-click updates:
      - Automagic sell implemented: Hold Shift to sell full room
      - Boundbox color now clears up Square build/sell, makes it much easier to use
      - Shows stripey boundbox color when one-click build/sell is in progress and you cannot build/sell anything else yet
      - Handled interface conflicts. Now easier to use Ctrl to drag bridges in one click mode, and the objectives won't scroll when using it.
      - Fixed some bugs with boundboxes and one-click
    • Imps can now capture rooms/path in possession and reinforce walls
      - Hold the possession shortcut (default: Shift) while digging to reinforce instead
    • New Mentor speeches:
      - when neutral creatures join your dungeon.
      - when you pick up a neutral spell
      - when you pick up a trap or door
    • Objective/Information buttons now make a sound while they slide/fall down
    • Level script updates:
      - Added GOOD_CREATURES_CONVERTED and EVIL_CREATURES_CONVERTED variables
      - Added COMPUTE_FLAG([player],[flag],[operation],[src_player],[src_flag],[alt]) variable, allows you to set a flag based on other properties
      - Added CONCEAL_MAP_RECT([Player], [Xsubtile], [Ysubtile], [Width], [Height], [hide revealed*]), allows you to place fog of war, last param optional.
    • Level/translation updates:
      - Level names in mappacks now translatable, included in chinese
      - Rebalanced Assmist campaign (small tweaks)
      - Included standard level 450 - Death Clock
      - Translated standard 450 into chinese
      - Fixed wrong messages showing in Classic map 416
    • Rewritten some functions on cursor and how units walk through corridors, should behave as it always has.

EDIT: Version 2350 had an issue with one of the new voice messages playing for you when the enemy received a new unit. So I replaced it with 2352, also has an additional script command.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 5th, 2021 at 01:10.

Default Re: Alpha 2352

Thank you so much for this version! I love the room completing feature!!

I am just starting to play on this version, so i don't know what happened till now, but is it normal that the imps "do nothing" even though there is much work to do? My imps just stop to claim some enemy boxes and they walk around them without doing anything. Or others don't get active strengthening the walls or picking up the gold around the map. They just stay there or walk around uselessly. Is it the right behaviour? (I tried with and without the "Slave" power).

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    Thank you so much for this version! I love the room completing feature!!

I am just starting to play on this version, so i don't know what happened till now, but is it normal that the imps "do nothing" even though there is much work to do? My imps just stop to claim some enemy boxes and they walk around them without doing anything. Or others don't get active strengthening the walls or picking up the gold around the map. They just stay there or walk around uselessly. Is it the right behaviour? (I tried with and without the "Slave" power).

Thank you!
    No, that does not sound normal. If you have a save of incorrect behavior, feel free to share and I'll take a look. Or join the discord and find me in #tech-support.

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Does anyone else have issues with dropping floating/flying units?

There is a delay for about 1-2 secs after dropping them where you have to wait for them to slowly float to the ground before they become active. They won't engage in combat during that time, enemies will ignore them as if they aren't there and they will not starting working in the room you dropped them either.

I don't remember flying units behaving like this in the original or older KeeperFX versions (unfortunately I don't remember which one I had because I deleted it when switching to 0.4.9 but even updating to the newest build didn't help) but I could be wrong. Either way, is there a way to make them more responsive after dropping?

E: Another issue I have noticed is that dropping gold on creatures rarely if every works now to cheer them up and this is definitely changed from how it worked previously.

The majority of the time, if you drop gold on them they make the "picked up gold from ground" noise instead of their usual cheering and resetting of anger levels (and logically they skip next pay day because they already carry gold you have given you now). Doesn't matter if you wait for them to start walking or drop it immediately after you drop them from your hand. Rarely they will make their cheering animation but anger levels do not reset so not sure what is going on. And even more rarely, it does work as intended and their mood improves but it is very, very unreliable.

I have even had issues using the trick of possessing Horny and standing on corpses to improve his mood. Usually this works and improves his mood very, very quickly. Sometimes it barely works and you have to stand on the corpse for half a minute for some reason. And again sometimes it doesn't work at all.

I have been playing the Assimist and Ancient Keeper campaigns primarily, if that is important.
    Last edited by f1dk; April 6th, 2021 at 07:56.

Quote Originally Posted by f1dk View Post
    1)Does anyone else have issues with dropping floating/flying units?

There is a delay for about 1-2 secs after dropping them where you have to wait for them to slowly float to the ground before they become active. They won't engage in combat during that time, enemies will ignore them as if they aren't there and they will not starting working in the room you dropped them either.

I don't remember flying units behaving like this in the original or older KeeperFX versions (unfortunately I don't remember which one I had because I deleted it when switching to 0.4.9 but even updating to the newest build didn't help) but I could be wrong. Either way, is there a way to make them more responsive after dropping?

2) E: Another issue I have noticed is that dropping gold on creatures rarely if every works now to cheer them up and this is definitely changed from how it worked previously.

The majority of the time, if you drop gold on them they make the "picked up gold from ground" noise instead of their usual cheering and resetting of anger levels (and logically they skip next pay day because they already carry gold you have given you now). Doesn't matter if you wait for them to start walking or drop it immediately after you drop them from your hand. Rarely they will make their cheering animation but anger levels do not reset so not sure what is going on. And even more rarely, it does work as intended and their mood improves but it is very, very unreliable.

3) I have even had issues using the trick of possessing Horny and standing on corpses to improve his mood. Usually this works and improves his mood very, very quickly. Sometimes it barely works and you have to stand on the corpse for half a minute for some reason. And again sometimes it doesn't work at all.

I have been playing the Assimist and Ancient Keeper campaigns primarily, if that is important.
    1) There was a fix to flying units here, that caused this new behavior you describe. In short, units only become active when the drop is complete, but flying units became active before they were dropped and that caused some other problems. I fixed them only becoming active when the drop was complete, but then indeed that was very annoying since they drop so slowly. But, after this build they drop more quickly so it should be ok now. Be sure to check on a version after that to see if it's ok for you. The delay on dropping the flying units is still a bit more then dropping non-flying units, but I think it's ok now. Let me know if you disagree.

2) This is indeed changed, this is 'fixed' behavior. There was a bug in the original game, that made some function in 'gaining negative anger' impossible, this was on functions like getting paid on payday or getting hand paid, units would get 0 happiness. But apparently Bullfrog noticed this too, so for hand paying they added another check that then just reset ALL anger to 0 even if you gave a unit just 1 gold. This is of course completely imbalanced if you can mistreat units a lot and can completely solve it with minimal gold. Now, you need to pay better attention to your units need.
    This is fixed now, and units actually gain happiness on payday now. Dropping gold on them, they will gain happiness as they would from getting paid, on a per gold basis. So if you drop 2 paydays worth of gold on a unit, it will gain 4 paydays gold worth of happiness. If you drop 10 gold on a very upset reaper(which takes big paydays), the happiness gain would be negligible. The picked up from gold sound they make sounds a bit bigger or smaller depending on if you give more or small in relation to their payday.

I believe on Ancient Keeper I have enabled classic bug mode to get the old bug back, so there the gold dropping should be the same as before.

3) I have made no on-purpose changes to this. As far as I know this has always been a bit finicky, but if you think the behavior is different now it would help if you can give me some indication around what time you noticed a difference. If horny has gone livid, that's when he will fight friendly units, he cannot be made happy again.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 6th, 2021 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    1) There was a fix to flying units here, that caused this new behavior you describe. In short, units only become active when the drop is complete, but flying units became active before they were dropped and that caused some other problems. I fixed them only becoming active when the drop was complete, but then indeed that was very annoying since they drop so slowly. But, after this build they drop more quickly so it should be ok now. Be sure to check on a version after that to see if it's ok for you. The delay on dropping the flying units is still a bit more then dropping non-flying units, but I think it's ok now. Let me know if you disagree.

2) This is indeed changed, this is 'fixed' behavior. There was a bug in the original game, that made some function in 'gaining negative anger' impossible, this was on functions like getting paid on payday or getting hand paid, units would get 0 happiness. But apparently Bullfrog noticed this too, so for hand paying they added another check that then just reset ALL anger to 0 even if you gave a unit just 1 gold. This is of course completely imbalanced if you can mistreat units a lot and can completely solve it with minimal gold. Now, you need to pay better attention to your units need.
    This is fixed now, and units actually gain happiness on payday now. Dropping gold on them, they will gain happiness as they would from getting paid, on a per gold basis. So if you drop 2 paydays worth of gold on a unit, it will gain 4 paydays gold worth of happiness. If you drop 10 gold on a very upset reaper(which takes big paydays), the happiness gain would be negligible. The picked up from gold sound they make sounds a bit bigger or smaller depending on if you give more or small in relation to their payday.

I believe on Ancient Keeper I have enabled classic bug mode to get the old bug back, so there the gold dropping should be the same as before.

3) I have made no on-purpose changes to this. As far as I know this has always been a bit finicky, but if you think the behavior is different now it would help if you can give me some indication around what time you noticed a difference. If horny has gone livid, that's when he will fight friendly units, he cannot be made happy again.
    Thanks for the reply and your ongoing work on the mod!

1) I will take a look as soon as I finish the mission I am currently on as I am not sure if updating will break the save game. I am on 2326 at the moment.

2) This makes sense but if I remember correctly it didn't always work in the Ancient Keeper campaign either. But I don't have the savegames for those anymore since they are overwritten. And I did notice they would gain happiness from getting paid, though I always thought that was an old feature. They also gain happiness by resting in their lair (Horny excluded, obviously).

But good to know the amount of gold matters.

I am playing the Undead Keeper campaign right now and I can already see the classic bug isn't enabled there either, but I did notice I could torture a lvl 1 Skeleton nearly to death and then just have him rest for a bit to calm him down, only to repeat the procedure.

3) It was during the Assimist campaign, primarily. Since that is the campaign I played first when I updated KeeperFX. Having the Reaper stand on corpses hasn't been a big part of my strategy before because dropping gold on him before was all you needed if you didn't have a temple (and even then, if he was too hurt he'd not pray and might pass the treshhold to going psycho while resting), so for all I know this has always been the case.

And yeah, I know that you can't fix a Reaper going psycho but if he's only annoyed gold, praying and having him stand on corpses usually did the trick. I only noticed the difference on standing on corpses because his happiness meter usually fills extremely quickly so when it didn't or went much slower it was that much more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    No, that does not sound normal. If you have a save of incorrect behavior, feel free to share and I'll take a look. Or join the discord and find me in #tech-support.
    Apologies i just see the answer now. Apparently was just happening on that level. With the next level they were a bit more responsible. If it happen again i will definitely give you a save!

YourMaster i also get the "warning thing slot used 2048/2048" message. I have read here https://keeperklan.com/threads/6928-...ll=1#post56040 that you solved the issue. Is that right that i have it again?

Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    Apologies i just see the answer now. Apparently was just happening on that level. With the next level they were a bit more responsible. If it happen again i will definitely give you a save!

YourMaster i also get the "warning thing slot used 2048/2048" message. I have read here https://keeperklan.com/threads/6928-...ll=1#post56040 that you solved the issue. Is that right that i have it again?
    That link is talking about a whole other issue. The 2048/2048 is referring to the thing limit, and it displays when you run out of things to have on the map. However, it's not that useful I found because spell effects on fights fill it up real quick and in a non-problematic way. So you now often get the message when nothing is wrong. One of the Devs occasionally contributing to KeeperFX thinks he can make it actually useful, so it's still in. If this does not happen by the time we're ready to do a 0.4.9 release though, I'll remove the message all together.