Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

alight makes sense! Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    1) There was a fix to flying units here, that caused this new behavior you describe. In short, units only become active when the drop is complete, but flying units became active before they were dropped and that caused some other problems. I fixed them only becoming active when the drop was complete, but then indeed that was very annoying since they drop so slowly. But, after this build they drop more quickly so it should be ok now. Be sure to check on a version after that to see if it's ok for you. The delay on dropping the flying units is still a bit more then dropping non-flying units, but I think it's ok now. Let me know if you disagree.
    I tried the new version now, and while it is a bit better, it still doesn't feel as responsive as it should be. Can you make them drop down even faster?

Because the second or so they take to drop really feels bad when you are dropping a Vampire on enemy creatures to draw their attention from your imps or other creatures just to see him get ignored.

A big reason I prefer DK1 over DK2 is the more fast paced and responsive combat so this is step back, IMHO.

PS: Can't say I am a big fan of the flee feature either that caused this fix to be needed (from what I could tell by your link above). I had to skip that one Assimist map where you get harassed by flies because they would constantly run away from you only to come back a few seconds and run away etc. Without any fast units it was just tedious to look at my creatures being kept in combat with something that didn't want to fight anything but my imps (which were well protected behind my creatures).

I just don't see the value of that features, to be honest. Especially if it was stands in the way of making flying units more snappy once again.

Sorry if that sounds negative but this has been my experience comparing an older KeeperFX version with the current one and replaying Assimist. :|

No need to apologize, all feedback is welcome. I'll take it under consideration.

Default Re: Alpha 2352

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    No, that does not sound normal. If you have a save of incorrect behavior, feel free to share and I'll take a look. Or join the discord and find me in #tech-support.
    Yeah! It happened again! This time i have a save game for you. I closed the imps into a place in which floors could be revoked and walls reinforced, but they walk around uselessly. Thank you so much for your effort! fx1g0006.zip

Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    Yeah! It happened again! This time i have a save game for you. I closed the imps into a place in which floors could be revoked and walls reinforced, but they walk around uselessly. Thank you so much for your effort! fx1g0006.zip
    I had a look, and it would be nice yes if imps would work like that, but they don't. Yes, you locked the door on them, but they had high priority tasks on the other side of that locked door. On the Dungeon Heart side of the locked door even. So, they are waiting for you to unlock the door so they could get to work, and have no interest in the jobs that are so far away from the center.

gotcha thank you for the explanation!

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2366

Another big update, one-click-marking is here: Alpha 2366.

Keep in mind, this update breaks save-games again.

What's new:

• One-click updates:
      - Unmarking is now yellow.
      - Ctrl+click to mark big squares, scroll to change the size of the brush. Painting is possible.
      - Holding right mouse button and CTRL whilst using the Pick Axe cursor will prevent camera rotate, allowing WASD movement while painting
      - Shift+drag to mark shapes DK2 style (but better). Right mouse button to cancel.
      - Shift+ Right Mouse Button drag to get preview marking. Then click Left Mouse Button to fill/unfill.
    • Log files should now include crash information
    • There's now sound effects for claiming in possession, and reinforcement is louder too.
    • Level script updates:
      - QUICK_MESSAGE and DISPLAY_MESSAGE now take spells, rooms, and certain Query values for the player parameter.
    • Level/translation updates:
      - The 'good campaign' can now be played in French
      - Lost level added: Single example
    • Creature sounds are now configurable.
    • Mystery pathfinding change. (I don't know what happens now, but the old way it was coded was wrong.)
    • Whole range of code improvements that should not change anything.

Small update today: Alpha 2374.

What's new:

• One-click updates:
      - Holding Ctrl+RMB now allows you to drag a boundbox over lowslabs
      - Fixed an issue with boundbox getting stuck after clicking objective message
    • Fixed an issue that often rounded happiness gained from hand-paying down to 0.
    • Limited max anger for units to 3 times the base value
    • Some scaling tweaks
    • Rewritten function that handled tooltips over lair totems and hero gates

Hi again YourMaster,
    thank you so much for the ctrl+RMB (works also with LMB for me). After i updated the version 2374 onto the 0.4.9 v2352 my save games dont work anymore: when i charge a save game (no matter if from the main menu or inside the game) the game closes immediately and goes to the game map. Is it right that the save games dont work anymore with this version?

Ctrl+LMB will not become a boundbox when you hold the cursor over the lowslab.

And yes, I put it in the description of 2366 that it breaks saves. You can make new saves of course, but there's some ingame structures that when I change them, they make games incompatible with saves from before the change.