Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Quote Originally Posted by DankMistress View Post
    Unless I'm somehow messing things up, I can't seem to perform the Dragon + Hound + Orc sacrifice to get a horned reaper. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong since I've tried just about every last combination that I can. I'd like to know what I might be doing wrong. :s (Map: Skybird Trill - Regular DK campaign)
    That's not a real combination. Some old versions of KeeperFX accidentally got bundled with Dragonslover's patch, and he added that combination. In the original game and newer versions of KeeperFX you will not find that combination.
    Last edited by YourMaster; July 8th, 2021 at 01:19.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    • Computer Players only cast lightning on imps (don't waste chicken money on an imp fight)
    Uh, what? Shouldn't they use it in real combat too?
    Last edited by Argonil; July 11th, 2021 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonil View Post
    Uh, what? Shouldn't they use it in real combat too?
    You're misunderstanding. When they cast spells on imps, they only cast lightning.
    When they are casting spells on enemy units, they may either cast lightning, disease or chicken.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2431

New update: Alpha 2431.

I finally gave it a go to introduce some balance changes. I would love to hear opinions here, but keep in mind that 'I want it as it always was' is not an argument, because that option is - and will always be - still there.
    Note: As expected, this version will break saved games again.

What's new:

• Started KeeperFX specific rule set
      - Original campaign and all existing others will still use Classic or Legacy rule sets
      - Future map makers and players can choose between the new Standard (rebalanced) rule set, Classic (what it was before), or Legacy (keeping old bugs)
      - File structure changed
      - Samurai no longer has innate ability to see invisible (they use their spell instead)
      - Tunnelers can hold more gold
      - Imps no longer leave corpses (vampire mining no longer with imps)
      - Nerfed creature speed spell duration: Now imps have a reason to train past lvl3
      - Doors rebalanced: Magic doors now have an easier time getting broken down by spells than Iron doors.
      - Made archers arrow strength-based, and no longer fight melee.
      - Fixes the dip in heal power at lvl5
      - Quadruple Heart regeneration rate
      - Balanced missiles in possession
      - Balanced Grenade
    • Added LIQUIDONLY option to WIBBLE setting (edit keeperfx.cfg by hand)
    • Stopped the automatic build from breaking the korean text files each time
    • Level Script changes:
      - New command: SET_OBJECT_CONFIGURATION([objectname],[property],[value])
      - Fixed script command for setting the DiseaseHPTemplePercentage game rule.
      - SET_DOOR_CONFIGURATION now sets health on preplaced doors
    • Units killed with tiny amounts of gold, drop bag instead of pot
    • More options to configure in Objects.cfg
    • Introduce STUN_FRIENDLY_UNITS classic bug
      - Causes friendly units to stun allied units with imprisonment on
      - It works for the SET_GAME_RULE command
    • Updated RESURRECT_REMOVED to include fainted friendly units
    • Campaign/Map pack configuration Changes:
      - Removed redundancies. Campaign specific configs will only include the differences from default. (Some campaigns still need to be updated)
      - Fixed ghosts being able to go past locked doors in Ancient Keeper and other legacy maps
      - Fixed ghosts being able to go past locked doors in Twin Keepers
      - Set STUN_FRIENDLY_UNITS on legacy rule set
    • Fixed issue with gold_per_hold configuration setting
    • Game no longer limited to 135 objects
      - Added 'Gold Bag' object, for which the graphics were already in the game

Also updates to the Adikted level editor: https://keeperfx-loobinex.keeperklan...2_20210714.zip
    - F1 help page for texture page
    - Fewer crashes, particularly when creating bitmaps
    - Should work with numbered folders like keeperfx048\levels now
    - Is as pretty as it was before
    Last edited by YourMaster; July 14th, 2021 at 02:12.

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 2431

I would oppose the thing with no imp corpes. Some levels like the last KDK campaign level rely on it.
    It´s not that OP. To be really useful you need lots of money. I think the high wage of vampires is already a cap for making too many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noanechu View Post
    I would oppose the thing with no imp corpes. Some levels like the last KDK campaign level rely on it.
    It´s not that OP. To be really useful you need lots of money. I think the high wage of vampires is already a cap for making too many of them.
    That's why all old campaigns will not take the new keeperfx ruleset but the classic one. Old maps can also all be played with the classic or legacy rulesets. Having gems, a graveyard and a temple now simply means a player can easily generate an infinite army. Also, lots of maps with lots of traps generate simply dozens of vampires, making them a very, very common unit instead of a rare and powerful one.

Also don't really agree with the idea that completely disable imp corpses. This means simply deleting another strategy from the game. Also I believe the new levels included in the latest version usually have LOTS OF constraints of rooms, magics, etc, in most levels you simply don't have chance to get a graveyard.
    According to Chinese ruleset, vampires are also considered to be overpowered, but the idea of nerfing their health a bit and increasing their corpse requirement to 16 makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jieletian View Post
    Also don't really agree with the idea that completely disable imp corpses. This means simply deleting another strategy from the game. Also I believe the new levels included in the latest version usually have LOTS OF constraints of rooms, magics, etc, in most levels you simply don't have chance to get a graveyard.
    According to Chinese ruleset, vampires are also considered to be overpowered, but the idea of nerfing their health a bit and increasing their corpse requirement to 16 makes more sense.
    I believe that is exactly the problem: To make decent maps, mapmakers limit so much of the technology available to the player. No prison, no graveyard, not a lot of spells, no temple,... And that makes sense with the rules as they are. I've seen some of the chinese maps too, which need to go to extreme lengths with enemies to provide somewhat of a challenge.

What I want to accomplish, is to enable mapmaker to more easily make maps where you ARE able to give the player all the tech, but still provide a challenge. I also introduced script commands for mapmakers to limit how good the prison and torture room are, based on whatever conditions they choose. Simply put: More balanced mechanics, so not as many constraints on levels.

Mapmaker

Since the latest update, altering the rules.cfg to allow treasure rooms to hold more gold, doesn't work.
    I had it set at 30000 per hoard and now, regardless of what I change, it doesn't affect in-game rules.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    Since the latest update, altering the rules.cfg to allow treasure rooms to hold more gold, doesn't work.
    I had it set at 30000 per hoard and now, regardless of what I change, it doesn't affect in-game rules.
    Sorry. Fixed it, will be fine again in next alpha.