Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9

It was a bug that on high resolutions the zoom level on the minimap changed, that bug is fixed and now it looks like it did 20 years ago. And how KeeperFX looked a few weeks ago in 640x400 mode.

EDIT: I loaded your save and it very clearly is the thing limit. You have like half the map as a treasure room filled with gold. All those gold piles are things, at this point it would be hard to even get rid of it since selling the treasure room would leave gold piles on the floor. Don't go so extreme in the future is all I can advice.

EDIT2:

Quote Originally Posted by yunior89 View Post
    I found this page long time ago but does not seem to be updated. For example it is missing the shift and ctrl combination for building rooms and drawing in the map. There should be a section for the alpha/beta version as well, in case that link is only for the released version
    At the bottom there's info on what's not 'released' yet: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/w...nds#unreleased
    In any case, I added the missing marking controls.

EDIT3:
    I noticed that with the new update (v2374) there is the problem that i discussed here with the boundbox ( https://keeperklan.com/threads/7262-...6873#post56873 ) also with many other things. For example, the "sight of evil" is almost not seenable (even if zoomed out) Attachment 2125 or some difence like "rebound". Before this option i could just not see them if it was zoomed to the max, but zooming out i would see them. Now i never see them.
    Could you confirm your sight of evil issue does not have to do with your thing limit? On your saved game it indeed does not show up because you're at the limit already, but for me it shows up fine on other maps. What about you?
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 28th, 2021 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    It was a bug that on high resolutions the zoom level on the minimap changed, that bug is fixed and now it looks like it did 20 years ago. And how KeeperFX looked a few weeks ago in 640x400 mode.

EDIT: I loaded your save and it very clearly is the thing limit. You have like half the map as a treasure room filled with gold. All those gold piles are things, at this point it would be hard to even get rid of it since selling the treasure room would leave gold piles on the floor. Don't go so extreme in the future is all I can advice.

EDIT2:

At the bottom there's info on what's not 'released' yet: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/w...nds#unreleased
    In any case, I added the missing marking controls.

EDIT3:

Could you confirm your sight of evil issue does not have to do with your thing limit? On your saved game it indeed does not show up because you're at the limit already, but for me it shows up fine on other maps. What about you?
    thank you very much for your reply! Yeah i realised too yesterday that deleting treasure room and chicken rooms started to work properly again (i like to have money muahahah). Also the sight of evil worked properly on the same level with less things.
    Thank you for the map explanation and for the link!

Apologies if i change topic on the same thread but it is a very fast thing: i was reading that it is possible to put 3 traps on the same square like some white-enemy squares have in some maps. I dont remember where i read it: is it right or i dream it?

i was reading that it is possible to put 3 traps on the same square like some white-enemy squares have in some maps. I dont remember where i read it: is it right or i dream it?
    In standard gameplay, it's disabled but mapmakers can choose to let you build traps this way. So on some custom maps, you will have the option to build a corridor of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCosmotic View Post
    In standard gameplay, it's disabled but mapmakers can choose to let you build traps this way. So on some custom maps, you will have the option to build a corridor of doom.
    ok yeah ahahah "corridor of doom" and you just put them on the same box? no special command/key?

ok yeah ahahah "corridor of doom" and you just put them on the same box? no special command/key?
    Right. If you want to enable this for yourself open your fxdata\rules.cfg and set PlaceTrapsOnSubtiles to 1.

Right. If you want to enable this for yourself open your fxdata\rules.cfg and set PlaceTrapsOnSubtiles to 1.
    wooooow you're powerful!! You know i have another question if you don't mind. The music of the original game is not playing by me. I tried both options "music files instead of CD" activated and deactivated, but the nice music of the old game does not come...is that right like that?

You need to put the music in music subfolder for it to work. Check the readme in that folder.

You need to put the music in music subfolder for it to work. Check the readme in that folder.
    thank you so much!! It sounds fantastic now!

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2411

Finally an update again: Alpha 2411.

This time, lots of changes, but all of them quite small. I was waiting for some bigger features, but to hold us all over I made this release now.
    Note: It breaks saved games again, and most likely the next alpha will do so again.

What's new:

• Wibble can now be turned off.
      - Edit keeperfx.cfg for it
      - The version comes bundled with a file called _keeperfx.cfg, rename that to keeperfx.cfg to get the setting, but notice you need to configure your other settings again
    • Some more scaling fixes
    • Level and map zoom saved between games
    • Fix SET_CREATURE_PROPERTY script command to store value after save
      - Fixes lvl20 of original campaign that uses it.
    • Fix EXPORT_VARIABLE script command
      - Fixes assmist secret objectives not working as intended anymore
    • Fix REMOVE_SACRIFICE_RECIPE to now work on Imps and Horny too
    • Level script commands 'SET_TRAP_CONFIGURATION' and 'SET_DOOR_CONFIGURATION' reworked.
      - Can now configure many more properties of traps
      - Fixes properties being gone on reload
      - Setting door health only works for doors yet to place
      - Updated included maps to work with the updated commands
    • Small fix in spider.cfg
    • Level updates:
      - Reworked lvl2 to prevent a possible unwinnable state.
      - Classic 920: Made the start easier, looks to be the intended way
    • New console commands added.
    • Easteregg messages fixed
    • Fart attack now has it's own, correct tooltip (in many, but not all languages)
    • Fist attack now has correct icon, no longer shares the Sword attack icon.
    • Fixed bug where settings strength, loyalty or armour to 0 would give it huge values
    • New script variables:
      - EVIL_CREATURES_CONVERTED: Number of creatures gained by the player through converting in the torture room, excluding heroes and imps
      - GOOD_CREATURES_CONVERTED: Number of heroes gained by the player through converting in the torture room
      - MANUFACTURE_GOLD: How much gold the player gained through selling traps and doors
      - MANUFACTURED_SOLD: How many traps and doors the player sold
    • Keeperfx.cfg file now accepts 0/1 instead of ON/OFF or TRUE/FALSE again
    • New sacrifice option: NegUniqFunc = COSTLIER_IMPS
      - Not active, can be used for custom campaigns or with the SET_SACRIFICE_RECIPE script command
      - Makes imps more expensive
    • Log file no longer fills up with party position warnings or unit assignments
    • Computer players no longer cast lightning during friendly fights
    • EntranceForce variable in creature config replaced with ALLURING_SCVNGR property
      - It's the vampire unique skill during scavenging, it does very little
    • Angry units with persuade skill will no longer try to persuade unavailable units (in hand, fainted, in prison)
    • Computer players handle getting diseased better

Imp

Unless I'm somehow messing things up, I can't seem to perform the Dragon + Hound + Orc sacrifice to get a horned reaper. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong since I've tried just about every last combination that I can. I'd like to know what I might be doing wrong. :s (Map: Skybird Trill - Regular DK campaign)