Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assmist Campaign : Translations of message files

Default Re: Assmist Campaign : Translations of message files

Quote Originally Posted by jieletian View Post
    Yes,gtext_chi is the Chinese translation file included in KeeperFX,which included the translation for all the in-game messages and map names of the Original Campaign,along with the names of creatures,rooms,magics,etc. and their brief description. I have been viewing that version of translation since the first time I played this game so I'm very familiar with this. And I regarded that as a reference when doing my translation,especially the names of creatures,rooms,magics,etc. were kept exactly the same with this version of translation.
    It's not completed as I only finished the translation of the in-game messages of the Assimist Campaign without editing anything else. Maybe you mean that I should also finish something else?
    I understand you translated Assmist, and Dayokay will try to get your translations into an actual translation files.

What I said, is that KeeperFX is also still being developed, and there are new english texts now. There are no Chinese players on the keeperklan discord, so these new english messages have not been translated to chinese yet. If you'd like, you could edit the files linked above, and add chinese translations for KeeperFX. I would include those with future versions of the game.
    If you click gtext_chi.pot link above, and scroll down, you see that from string 965 onwards, there are no translations yet. They are still needed. Also, if the first 964 strings have errors, you could correct them in that file and send them to me, and the new versions of the game would have those.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I understand you translated Assmist, and Dayokay will try to get your translations into an actual translation files.

What I said, is that KeeperFX is also still being developed, and there are new english texts now. There are no Chinese players on the keeperklan discord, so these new english messages have not been translated to chinese yet. If you'd like, you could edit the files linked above, and add chinese translations for KeeperFX. I would include those with future versions of the game.
    If you click gtext_chi.pot link above, and scroll down, you see that from string 965 onwards, there are no translations yet. They are still needed. Also, if the first 964 strings have errors, you could correct them in that file and send them to me, and the new versions of the game would have those.
    OK,I see. I will look at the translations in that file again and have a try for adding the translations of these parts after I finish filling in the forms of the Chinese translation of Assmist Campaign.

Great, thanks. I'll make some chinese translation files for Ancient Keeper and Twin Keepers, so when you feel like it, those can be filled too and in the future all people can automatically play these campaigns in chinese too.

Great, thanks. I'll make some chinese translation files for Ancient Keeper and Twin Keepers, so when you feel like it, those can be filled too and in the future all people can automatically play these campaigns in chinese too.
    I have just finished my version of translation of the gtext_chi on the GitHub. If you give me the link of their forms,I will also glad to translate those two Campaigns as well, when I'm available. (Actually I've done their translations in the past, and I hope that I can still find these files.)

Great, I have committed your updated translation. For the other two I'll have to generate the empty files first, I'll do that soon.

I added an Ancient Keeper one for you:
    https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/b...pr/text_chi.po

If I did everything right, all the strings that match the base FX file in english, already have your translations inside. That leaves just the campaign specific strings for you to translate.

EDIT:
    Here are the chinese translations you did: chinesetranslations.zip

EDIT:
    And here is assmist in chinese too:
    assmist.zip
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 21st, 2020 at 01:39.

I added an Ancient Keeper one for you:

If I did everything right, all the strings that match the base FX file in english, already have your translations inside. That leaves just the campaign specific strings for you to translate.

EDIT:
    Here are the chinese translations you did: chinesetranslations.zip

EDIT:
    And here is assmist in chinese too:
    assmist.zip
    Yes,it looks great,however I notice that there are still a few English sentences in the text file of the Ancient Keeper. But I think I have finished them. Maybe something went wrong?

Here you mean?

I'm not seeing anything that still needs to be done.
    Or do you see english text in game? If so, could you make a screenshot?

Here you mean?

I'm not seeing anything that still needs to be done.
    Or do you see english text in game? If so, could you make a screenshot?
    Eh,no,I meant that there are a few English sentences remaining in the textfile of AK Campaign in chinesetranslations\campgns\ancntkpr of chinesetranslations.zip you uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	微信图片_20201121192053.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	2096  

A yes, there's still an english string in the .dat file. I noticed it was because a " was missing in the .po file, I've fixed that and the next version should be allright.