Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Gods

Default Dark Gods

This is actually more a suggestion to the lore of the Dungeon Keeper universe but I thought Gods should in no way directly influence the game, unless you pissed them off somehow, ofcourse. But I haven't seen anything related to this thread so I was thinking we could have an intelligent debate about the Gods of DK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dark Gods
    All Gods except for Deucathus are known to have been Gods of Good once, however, untill they became the very thing they have sworn to destroy.

By Duke Ragereaver

Goncatu

Physical Form: Giant Orc

Goncatu is the most well well-known Evil God, and the most popular. Goncatu’s only desire is eternal warfare with the forces of Good. He is a master strategist, but sometimes his anger seems to get the better of him.

It’s believed that only the most primitive creatures worship him. However, it is in fact that all creatures like him, esspecialy the Horned Reapers who take pride of being his direct soldiers in his evil quest of war.

Possible other names:
    Polemos

Arndulal

Physical Form: Giant Skeleton that is still in the process of rotting

Perhaps the most loathed Dark God, yet one of the more feared ones. Arndulal is always present when a being dies in the Underworld, and he can determind if that beings’ soul will be granted passage to the world beyond. Most of the time he will banish the soul instead in an undead body for eternity, or even worse, without one.

Most undead are result of these actions of him.

Possible other names:
    Thanatos

Drakk

Physical Form: Giant Dragon

A Dark God in the form of a dragon who has a fiery temper, with a good reason. Drakk virtually has unlimited wealth in his treasure rooms, yet his greatest treasure is his knowlegde of magic, and more specific, the dark arts.

Drakk is one of the more popular and respected Gods and this is not limited only to spellcasters and dragons.

Possible other names:
    Pleonexios
    Dragomir

Rcanglai

Physical Form: Giant Spider

Rcanglai is a relusive Dark Goddess and is said she is the embodiement of the night. Much like the weather, her mood can quickly change from an –almost- polite, playful attitute, to a sadistic, cruel and foul mood. Nevertheless, even in her ‘’good’’ mood she always seeks to bring pain and darkness to the world. Torture devices are always blessed (or cursed (?)) by her to cause maximum effect.

Most dark creatures, like Mistresses and spiders are followers of her.

Possible other names:
    Kakia

Deucathus

Physical Form: He can shapeshift in anything he desires but mostly takes the form of a huge Black Knight, almost a twisted Avatar

From unknown, but undoubtly horrifying orgin. Deucathus is the most darkest and evil of the Gods and not to mention; by far the most powerful. The other Dark Gods not only highly fear him because of his immense power, but also for his desire to cause pain and suffering to every single living being, and perhaps even to an extend, mock existance itself.

Because of these views, Deucathus tend to have few worshippers and often those followers are considered to be crazy.

Possible other names:
    Tipotos

By muhfish

Auraxa

Physical form: A succubus, a beautiful woman with demonic traits

Once a kind and beautiful Goddess of love and beauty, Auraxa was one of the most revered of all deities. But once the forces of evil started to rise up, the armies of good comprised of mostly males turned their attention to the male gods of war. Spurned by her own worshipers, Auraxa fell into a deep depression. It was then Decathus appeared to her, and showed her how to use her own beauty to gain power. From then on, Auraxa took advantage of the weak-willed soldiers of good, first tempting to let down their guard, then moving in for the kill.

There are few evil creatures who dislike Auraxa. Her most devout followers are the mistresses, and the only ones who can truly resist and do despise her are the fairies.

By MeinCookie

Ulgorde (or Ul)

Physical Form: Vampire

An underling/assistant to the God of Death and Decay. Not a minor god and not a major god, Ul is somewhere in-between. He detests the living and refuses to set foot in the mortal realm, although he is known to bestow power upon his devotees. Ulgorde has a great affinity with the more powerful undead, especially vampires. He is one of the few Dark Gods who doesn't use Dark Angels as emissaries in the mortal realm. Ulgorde is a very bitter figure and is widely detested, even among the rest of the Dark Pantheon. Despite not being as powerful as other Dark Gods, he makes up for it by working feverishly to further the cause of the undead. He is thus catapulted into a higher importance in the mortal realm than he actually holds due to his tireless and unceasing influences.
    He avoids other gods, but is well regarded among Arndulal's subordinates due to his work ethic, remarkably similar to that of the skeleton which fills the bulk of his ranks. He is much interested in the mortal world than his peers.
    Several thousand years ago he was given the title of the Dark God of Sacrifice by Drakk in a bid to steal some of Arndulal's power. This somewhat backfired as Ul, far from happy with his new extra role, treated it with contempt. The generosity of temple sacrifices quickly plummeted to contemporary levels and he became rather loathed in the mortal word for a few centuries when he passed the title away. This is why it is impossible to get Dark Angels from temples.

Arkoth

Physical Form: Grave Rider if it does end up included, otherwise unknown.

A truly fearsome character, Arkoth has no clear allegiance with any among the squabbling major gods despite the fact he isn't on par with any of them in terms of ability. He sits on the outside of the Dark Pantheon and quarrels only with Goncatu and his lessors. He sits between Drakk, Arndulal and Rcanglai without having any particular favorite which means all three parties seem to be constantly vying for his support. Arkoth takes pleasure in spreading fear through the mortal realm and has a deep hatred of goodly heroes. When influencing the mortal world Arkoth generally takes a subtle approach and as a result he is often overlooked by potential worshipers much to his dissatisfaction, and their eventual downfall. Due to Arkoth's broad like of anything resulting in, stemming from or related to his cause as well as low expectations he is remarkably easy to please.
    When angered, however, Arkoth is malevolent as the next god and will make your armies cower and run before your eyes.
    Like the other gods, Arkoth once stood on the other side of the fence as a god of courage and hope.

By Metal Gear Rex

Arsonady
    Physical Form: Black Cloaked Warlock

Arsonady is seen as a master of Dungeon Keepers. Mortals worship him in hopes he would bestore power on them. Unfortunately, this most of the time is not the case. He does, however, focus on the creature, but for the wrong reasons. His knowledge of strategy and liking for betrayal of his followers has led to many deaths in the underworld. He plans deaths he finds fitting and mocks those joining his world.

It could be a greedy Warlock he lures to a gold filled neutral dungeon where he may lure creatures of a rival Dungeon Keeper to slay him. The creatures of being used to kill the one who Arsonady had his focus on often feel the presence of Arsonady, they feel their actions moved by him and brought him to kill their enemies which brings good word of him as well as more religious followers to Arsonady's will to continue his doing.

Arsonady's strategies are sometimes shared to Dungeon Keepers who offer him great, but for those who foolishly continue to worship him are often slain due to Arsonady's treason.

Possible other names:
    Procalito

Mortesia
    Physical Form: Dark Mistress with a Revealing Outfit

Mortesia is surprisingly loving to those who follow her. Most men who worship her are wishing upon dreams of lust which Mortesia kindly supplies their dreams. She also grants greater power to those who follow her, and tells them to destroy all who don't. Mortesia is very jealous of other Dark Gods being warshipped, most especially Auraxa for stealing and killing those who could be following her.

Mortesia is described as a very shallow and narrow-minded Godess. She will kill other woman by manipulating her own men, but only those who hold a man's heart because his shattered heart often causes him to turn to Mortesia for prayers. Mortesia loves to see the crying man begging her for love to replace those of who they had lost due to Mortesia's actions.

Yet Mortesia could care less for the women she kills, as long as she gets the attention she craves.

Possible other names:
    Poelenia
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 12th, 2010 at 23:14.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: Dark Gods

I like the concepts. The names... not so much. Goncatu could use something more fearsome, Arndulal sounds dull (it's even in his name),
    Drakk is flat out uncreative, Rcanglai could use something more pronounceable and Deucathus sounds too long.

My suggestions:

Goncatu > Polemos
    Arndulal > Thanatos
    Drakk > Pleonexios
    Rcanglai > Kakia
    Deucathữs > Tipotos

All of them are simply the Greek words for war, death, avarice (with a male suffix), malice and 'nothing' (with a male suffix), respectively. It's not much, but in my opinion it's a lot better.

The Awakening

I've chosen the names out of in terms of sounding evil and ancient and little in the way of what their respective God stands for, but that's open to debate. I personally dislike the names you have suggested, not very creative thought out and even sounding a bit nerdy.

Edit: I've included a list of possible names to the Gods that people can suggest, yours have been added aswel.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; January 28th, 2010 at 14:26.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Goncatu > Polemos
    Arndulal > Thanatos
    Drakk > Pleonexios
    Rcanglai > Kakia
    Deucathữs > Tipotos

All of them are simply the Greek words for war, death, avarice (with a male suffix), malice and 'nothing' (with a male suffix), respectively. It's not much, but in my opinion it's a lot better.
    You realize the irony here right?

No?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Personally i prefer Dukes names suggestions (I love the last two) however i'm not a big fan of Arndulal. It doesn't seem... "sharp" enough for a dark god.
    Last edited by Searingflame2; January 28th, 2010 at 16:18.
    Creature Profile Here

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

No?
    "All of them are simply the Greek words" - which is basicly all the criticism you had for Dukes names applied to each of yours. They are a mix of dull and uncreativity in a big bowl of meh.

At least they sound better, which was the actual point.

The Awakening

At least they sound better, which was the actual point.
    That's an opinion, an opinion not everyone per se has to share.

Download it here!

Download it here!

My point still stands - it's not about the names' origins, it's about what they sound like. And yes, I know that that is subjective.

The Awakening