Thread: "The Black Labyrinth" - Custom map

Default "The Black Labyrinth" - Custom map

Ok after playing around making a few maps, I want to share the first one I think could be worthy of sharing. However, it relies on some modifications I have made to the creatures/heroes/spells. How do I incorporate that so YOU guys experience the creatures/spells as I have modified them?

--*EDIT*--

I think I have done it. I included the .cfg files in the zip folder. Hope it works.

theblacklab.zip
    Last edited by Beard Bro; November 30th, 2023 at 23:00.

Default Re: "The Black Labyrinth" - Custom map

This is not the way to do this, as this would force people to overwrite their default configs.

What you can do is make this a map pack, with just one map. In the mappack config you can configure a folder for custom configs. Open `\levels\deepdngn.cfg`with a text editor to see what I mean.
    Then the configs you bundle would only need to hold your changed creatures and spells.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    This is not the way to do this, as this would force people to overwrite their default configs.

What you can do is make this a map pack, with just one map. In the mappack config you can configure a folder for custom configs. Open `\levels\deepdngn.cfg`with a text editor to see what I mean.
    Then the configs you bundle would only need to hold your changed creatures and spells.
    Thanks man. I figured people could just temporarily switch out their own CFGs for mine, and then switch back. I appreciate that is a hassle though. Thanks, I will follow your advice.

Ok fixed:

theblacklab.zip contains:

theblacklab - folder with all map info
    and
    theblacklab.cfg - text file, which points to 2 folders inside theblacklab folde:

theblackCRT - folder with CREATURE text file mods for creatures and heroes
    and
    theblackCFG - folder with CONFIG text file mods for spells etc

Right?
    Last edited by Beard Bro; November 30th, 2023 at 18:01.

Yes, this works. Although you could have left out all the .cfg files you did not modify.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Yes, this works. Although you could have left out all the .cfg files you did not modify.
    Fixed.

Exclamation Re: "The Black Labyrinth" - Custom map

You would get more visibility if you uploaded your item on the workshop: https://keeperfx.net/workshop/browse however you need to register first, if that's an issue for you and don't want to register for whatever reason then I understand and I can upload it for you if you want, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by watler253 View Post
    You would get more visibility if you uploaded your item on the workshop: https://keeperfx.net/workshop/browse however you need to register first, if that's an issue for you and don't want to register for whatever reason then I understand and I can upload it for you if you want, let me know.
    I don't know if the map is good enough for that? Or is it just for anyone to upload?
    Also, thank you for your generous offer. I will consider registering and uploading it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beard Bro View Post
    I don't know if the map is good enough for that? Or is it just for anyone to upload?
    Also, thank you for your generous offer. I will consider registering and uploading it there.
    I see you uploaded it.

There seem to be an issue with your config, I left a comment on the item to help you fix it but if you are not sure you can ask me for more help.

Quote Originally Posted by watler253 View Post
    I see you uploaded it.

There seem to be an issue with your config, I left a comment on the item to help you fix it but if you are not sure you can ask me for more help.
    You are a star for being so helpful and kind. Thank you. I think I have it all sorted now. Hopefully the map works and is fun to play.
    Last edited by Beard Bro; December 3rd, 2023 at 22:11.