Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Patch 1.8 - RELEASE

Default Re: Unofficial Patch 1.8 - RELEASE

Well does it worth to download it?

I wouldn't download it. I'd rather wait for Dargonslover's patch, atlease that one IS going to work, and fixes stuff that can better the game, not the maps.

A stranger comes by and says "hey i got the solution to all your problems", that isnt very reliable... at all...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal
    There is any new stuff that you put in like for example better AI Keepers?
    You can still dream... because I don't think changing the AI stuff will be modified really soon. Seems to be hard-coded in the game and can only be changed by getting the source code (well, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player
    I wouldn't download it. I'd rather wait for Dargonslover's patch, atlease that one IS going to work, and fixes stuff that can better the game, not the maps.
    "Dragons" not "Dargons"...

Heh... thanks, but some Tomix stuff improves the game a little bit, but it's nothing major. Something I somewhat disagree a bit about his patch is the fact that he used a crack to be able to play the game without CD where in fact, the game is ALREADY playable without the CD... There's also the chat-lobby bug thing that is weird, but I don't think there's another solution for that. I'm not sure. There's also the lag from the main menu that is caused by fonts and buttons... It can be removed by altering the "StippleAlpha" registry data, but the graphics become very ugly, and using command lines to get better graphics overrides that, which caused the main menu to lag back. But is it that dramatical?
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

What you have expected Hapuga? Hundrets of features or a new game?

I would include something but this is not easy and it would take to much time. My priority is and was everytime to fix the bugs, to make the game more stable. So I though I release this patch now as in one year or so. I don't have the time to deal 6 or more hours every day on DK2 and you must know it takes a lot of time to change a game.

There is not really new stuff. I used better/more stable files as in 1.73. For example a new QMixer.dll, clcd16.dll, clcd32.dll, ...

You're right, the changelog is a bit poor. I would not spend another day to make a nice changelog. This was my mistake.

It's not fair by you to mock me. So what have you done to improve the game, Hapuga?

Either way, installed the patch and the game wont boot up now, gonna try a fresh install
    Sry for that. Did you download this DK2 version? Was this game from beginning patched to 1.7?

Have any other a problem with the patch like no booting up?

Heh... thanks, but some Tomix stuff improves the game a little bit, but it's nothing major. Something I somewhat disagree a bit about his patch is the fact that he used a crack to be able to play the game without CD where in fact, the game is ALREADY playable without the CD... There's also the chat-lobby bug thing that is weird, but I don't think there's another solution for that. I'm not sure. There's also the lag from the main menu that is caused by fonts and buttons... It can be removed by altering the "StippleAlpha" registry data, but the graphics become very ugly, and using command lines to get better graphics overrides that, which caused the main menu to lag back. But is it that dramatical?
    I used this crack for four reasons:

First, to make the german version easy uncut, second to solve the problem that the players have different executables (many use different crack version of 1.7) and cannot join to a game or play with each other. As next to solve the problem with safedisk. At last to solve the "asynchronous" issue as far as possible which ends most in crashes (loading screen, the DK2-Players knows what I mean).

I cannot understand why would you repeat all waht was included in 1.73.

Game runs okay.
    maps edited okay.
    packs included okay.

It is not that I'm trying to bash you. I'm just asking, why would you try to improve things that are really workable.

Besides, you never told us anything about your progress.If you would, we would help you. I for example, could fix all maps for you.

Doesnt work here btw, crashes out on the loading screen.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    I cannot understand why would you repeat all waht was included in 1.73.

Game runs okay.
    maps edited okay.
    packs included okay.

It is not that I'm trying to bash you. I'm just asking, why would you try to improve things that are really workable.

Besides, you never told us anything about your progress.If you would, we would help you. I for example, could fix all maps for you.

Doesnt work here btw, crashes out on the loading screen.
    If I recall, you were trying to convert files to 1.3 and were complaining to 1.73's lack of stability in multiplayer.

I'd get your patch Tomix, but I don't play DK2 anymore unless for multiplayer and it is really hard to get someone who wants to play at the same time. Wonder what happened to Beserk.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    If I recall, you were trying to convert files to 1.3 and were complaining to 1.73's lack of stability in multiplayer.

I'd get your patch Tomix, but I don't play DK2 anymore unless for multiplayer and it is really hard to get someone who wants to play at the same time. Wonder what happened to Beserk.
    He turned a badly workable 1.73 into a totally unworkable 1.8. Good fix.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Purewolfie and Hapuga said it doesn't work? At my system it works.

What is with the others? Does it work at you or not?

Ghost

1.73 runs very stable here on Vista x64, the only problems i had with it is that the campaign levels wont always end (Horny doesn't come to collect the gemstone)

The rest of the game runs stable. aslong as I use 800x600x16/32. running higher makes it crash within a few minutes.

I would love to see proper hardware support though. So that it can work in D3D on modern pc's.