Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Patch 1.8 - RELEASE

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Unofficial Patch 1.8 - RELEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    I cannot understand why would you repeat all waht was included in 1.73.

Game runs okay.
    maps edited okay.
    packs included okay.

It is not that I'm trying to bash you. I'm just asking, why would you try to improve things that are really workable.

Besides, you never told us anything about your progress.If you would, we would help you. I for example, could fix all maps for you.

Doesnt work here btw, crashes out on the loading screen.
    He turned a badly workable 1.73 into a totally unworkable 1.8. Good fix.
    Your own posts collide with each other. I have an idea, why not instead of complaining you show us your magnificent patch.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

People, calm down a bit, please. Perhaps you didn't realised, but Tomix did his best for correcting a few stuff even though the game may crash. The remaining thing is to find out what's causing the problem and bring the modifications so that it's working back again. Stop the harassments, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomix
    For example a new QMixer.dll, clcd16.dll, clcd32.dll, ...
    Yikes... clcd16.dll and clcd32.dll are used by UnSafeDisc copy protection. It's totally useless to use those two files. In fact, if you have unsafedisced the game, you should delete those files.

I used this crack for four reasons:

First, to make the german version easy uncut, second to solve the problem that the players have different executables (many use different crack version of 1.7) and cannot join to a game or play with each other. As next to solve the problem with safedisk. At last to solve the "asynchronous" issue as far as possible which ends most in crashes (loading screen, the DK2-Players knows what I mean).
    I have no problem with the points you mentioned. For the second point, how about an uncracked version that has been simply unsafedisced? This is what I'm using and I never got any problems. So, why not using this version for everyone to use instead? If you could just tell me how to solve the German censorship thing, then I could do a perfect version of DK2 executable.

I'm thinking about something about the German censorship thing: have you tried installing the game in English language and translate the game into German afterwards to avoid the censorship or it is implemented only for the German released version? Because if it's the second point, I wouldn't have to do more efforts as the game would be already uncensored.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga
    Game runs okay.
    maps edited okay.
    packs included okay.
    Game runs fine, that's true, excepted for some bugs.
    However, maps aren't edited okay. There are some wrong things and unused stuff, and I'm gonna bring them back.
    As for packs, I guess it could be a nice idea to include the Bonus Packs in the unofficial patch.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomix View Post
    Purewolfie and Hapuga said it doesn't work? At my system it works.

What is with the others? Does it work at you or not?
    To be honest I cant even make the basic DK run without crashing now, so I have given up

The game, as wonderful as it once was, is not worth this time and effort, for me its dead, and theres no way I can be bothered to work around it now, I had it working to some degree before I installing the 1.8 patch, then the .exe wouldnt even launch, from there, even on fresh installs, nothing but trouble, even unsafedisc cant execute correctly now, so the game crashes more then it normally does.

Waste of my time really now this game, unless someone can make a patch that solves a million problems that riddle DK2 with random crashing (picking up an imp for example), or simply placing a trap. I know after I last did unsafedisc on it, it ran pretty nicely, however im now back to square one and I feel like im really rubbing my crotch on a cheese grater with this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Purewolfie View Post
    To be honest I cant even make the basic DK run without crashing now, so I have given up

The game, as wonderful as it once was, is not worth this time and effort, for me its dead, and theres no way I can be bothered to work around it now, I had it working to some degree before I installing the 1.8 patch, then the .exe wouldnt even launch, from there, even on fresh installs, nothing but trouble, even unsafedisc cant execute correctly now, so the game crashes more then it normally does.

Waste of my time really now this game, unless someone can make a patch that solves a million problems that riddle DK2 with random crashing (picking up an imp for example), or simply placing a trap. I know after I last did unsafedisc on it, it ran pretty nicely, however im now back to square one and I feel like im really rubbing my crotch on a cheese grater with this game!
    Damn, and I thought my computer had problems with DK2...

Sucks, neither DK1 or DK2 is good for you? DK1 is fine, only time it bugs out is when I mess up badly (I really like modding it )! It crashes pretty badly too, have to restart. Same for DK2, but it crashes more. I could be playing and it suddenly goes black at the most random spots ever.

It is so different with different computers, my old win98 runs it bug free though.

Never crashed once in my whole memory.

So my suggestion to you all is to get windows98, lolz.

Tesonu is napping!

Ah no, DK1 is fine, infact thanks to KeeperFX its completely 100% stable!

DK2 is the massive issue, I have 2 computers, 1 is my latest with all the high tech shizzle in, the other is a very old one I gathered parts for to replicate a computer I used a few years ago, back when DK2 was released and the game ran perfect (with windows 98 installed), however both system simply have issues with DK2, new and old, both machines simply hate running it.

I have honestly tried everything, even running windows virtual machine with 98 installed, that really did upset it haha.

I suppose the only good side is the fact that I'm one of those people that think DK1 is superior to DK2 anyway, so I dont miss it that much, but still some things in DK2 I prefer over DK1, like imps training by digging/reinforcing/claiming. I have no doubt I will get it running someday again, just riles me a little because I had DK2 in working condition (with the odd crash every 3 hours or so) until I installed this patch and it screwed it up for me.. suppose its my own fault for not backing up the game before hand

Ah no, DK1 is fine, infact thanks to KeeperFX its completely 100% stable!
    Heh, my computer actually runs the normal DK1 with more stability than FX, but it actually isn't bad. I still like playing the standard DK1 sometimes. Sometimes it is fun to play the normal game Bullfrog made and not with so many add-ons.

DK2 is the massive issue, I have 2 computers, 1 is my latest with all the high tech shizzle in, the other is a very old one I gathered parts for to replicate a computer I used a few years ago, back when DK2 was released and the game ran perfect (with windows 98 installed), however both system simply have issues with DK2, new and old, both machines simply hate running it.
    Ironically, I need to use my newer computer for DK1, and my older one for DK2 but I only have one moniter so I don't really hook it up very ofen. Weird because I have 3 computers (Sorta 4) and a laptop.

1. My old 98 computer, hell no am I throwing nor selling that thing! Besides, theres some info on there I can't get off. I got that from my brother. Believe me, it was not out of any sense of kindness but greed. This is how he got the gamecube for free. -_-

2. Some crappy computer I am too lazy to get out of my room. I originally worked with the RPG XP Maker there. I also access internet from there, can't from the 98 because internet explorer can't run or something. I don't remember how I got stuck with this though, but it keeps ending up with me no matter how many times I throw it out!

3. My good PC.
    It has a virus on there, doesn't hurt anything but just causes the work offline thing and the internet doesn't work (At the time I didn't know how to turn on firewall) and even if it could I wouldn't since my book files are on there. This was a birthday present.
    The virus may be why the DK2 has so many problems, but it is also XP.

4. My mom's computer, not technically mine but this is what I'm on all day working on the RPG Maker and also on the internet.

The laptop was my dad's but I used it so much and he didn't have a chance to (Because of work and crap) so I got it but only for the internet and I have my mom's computern now.

My other brothers have a single computer. Can't say I'm spoiled (Not trully) since what they do is different from me. I spent my money on the newer machine, keeping the old. They threw away the old (Some of it flew down to me, how thoughtful, giving me something they find worthless now) and upgrade mostly. But also they have a single computer with all of the features my 5 things have in one... which sucks since 1 of the things I have I can't use and another I have trouble using and blah blah blah.

I have honestly tried everything, even running windows virtual machine with 98 installed, that really did upset it haha.
    O_O

The attack of teh mad computer

Funny because when I was reading about biology, all the things that have the sign of life are found in a computer yet it is not alive... really weird...

I suppose the only good side is the fact that I'm one of those people that think DK1 is superior to DK2 anyway, so I dont miss it that much, but still some things in DK2 I prefer over DK1, like imps training by digging/reinforcing/claiming. I have no doubt I will get it running someday again, just riles me a little because I had DK2 in working condition (with the odd crash every 3 hours or so) until I installed this patch and it screwed it up for me.. suppose its my own fault for not backing up the game before hand
    I prefer DK1,

Yeah, always backup. I have several backups of anything important to me. Mainly my book but I have a few backups of DK too. I have several copies of DK1 since it is so small. I have an original, and the FX, plus some older mods and a bunch of crap... you should see my Bullfrog folder, it has so much crap in there!

The only thing I like about DK2 more than DK1 is the ease of multiplayer. But if that is fixed in FX, then I must say goodbye DK2! *Eats cheese*

Tesonu is napping!

Yikes... clcd16.dll and clcd32.dll are used by UnSafeDisc copy protection. It's totally useless to use those two files. In fact, if you have unsafedisced the game, you should delete those files.
    Are you sure? I though this files have something to do with the graphic?

I'm thinking about something about the German censorship thing: have you tried installing the game in English language and translate the game into German afterwards to avoid the censorship or it is implemented only for the German released version? Because if it's the second point, I wouldn't have to do more efforts as the game would be already uncensored.
    There are two files in the Bullfrog\Dungeon Keeper 2\Data folder named bfile.bld and tfile.tld.

Two registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Bullfrog Productions Ltd -> Dungeon Keeper II ->
    Configuration -> Player -> Use Blood (german version by default 0)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Bullfrog Productions Ltd -> Dungeon Keeper II ->
    Configuration -> Video -> Torture Details (german version by default 0)

Normally you can delete this two files and change the registry and it works, but many people really don't know this.

So, I searched with the Hex-Editor in the DKII.exe for these files bfile.bld and tfile.tld. I renamed these files in the exe in afile.bld and cfile.tld . That's it.

The changelog is to short, you're right Hapuga. I'm sorry for that, so I will tell how I did this all:

MOVIES - To watch the movies without CD I simply include this files in the patch.

BONUSPACKS - Same

MAPS: TrapTime also for mp , Platform and Islands also for SP - I changed with the Hex-Editor the names of this files in the DK2 Editor.exe and then I allow these maps for both, sp and mp.

CAMPAIGN-MAPS - I used the 1.3 files from the CD and make the ending of the maps compatible to the actual version.

QSOUND - I used a better QMixer.dll file as in 1.73. If QSound is in the options deactivated, there are never problems with this bug (for remembrance: this bug was the biggest problem for online gaming).

CHAT-LOBBY - I changed this registry-entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Bullfrog Productions Ltd -> Dungeon Keeper II -> Language = from whatever to 0 (1 was english, 2 dutch, 3 korean, 4 japanese, ...)

All can now chat in the lobby. The language are still different in each version. So no problem.

MAP-EDITOR - official map editor from bullfrog is included

MODIFIED FILES - 00000406.016; 00000407.016; 00000407.256; clcd16.dll; clcd32.dll; DKII.exe; dplayerx.dll; drvmgt.dll; QMixer.dll and some maps

DKII.EXE - Cracked DKII.exe; is "unsafed"; uncutted... see above

To fix more for DK2 (like the laggy menu, ...) we need the official programs from bullfrog.

Files I'm not able to open or edit useful are - DKII.exe (partially); EngineTextures.dat; EngineTextures.dir; soundfiles with the ending .MAP; JCN.dat; MBtoUNI.dat; UNItoMB.dat; residx.dat; all textfiles with the ending .BF4

Someone able to make a program to open these files ?

Is there any program to CREATE .wad files (would help to make the menu faster)?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Your own posts collide with each other. I have an idea, why not instead of complaining you show us your magnificent patch.
    I am not making patches. I make maps. I hope that is understandable?

Show me the collision. In my posts. It does run okay. Rarely crashes. But some parts are truly badly workable and you know it.

Tomix
    Damn, looks like you didn't touch any code actually. So why does my game crash?
    Last edited by Hapuga; January 31st, 2010 at 16:13.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

I am not making patches. I make maps. I hope that is understandable?

Show me the collision. In my posts. It does run okay. Rarely crashes. But some parts are truly badly workable and you know it.

Tomix
    Damn, looks like you didn't touch any code actually. So why does my game crash?
    Why are you trying to continue an arguement after DragonsLover even said to cool it?

And as I said before, I haven't tried it yet at the same time I don't think you should be criticizing someone's work if they hold potential. You're always doing this Hapuga and it annoys me.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

As for me, I have two computers : one with Windows 98SE, and one with Windows XP. Both versions of Dungeon Keeper are running fine on both computers. However, Dungeon Keeper 2 is lagging a bit on Windows 98SE and doesn't support the BumpMapping and LightMapping. Under Windows XP, everything is okay, if just that, under the editor, it's impossible to perform a "right-click" drag in the script Tree.
    As for Dungeon Keeper 1, I didn't test much KeeperFX. I have always been accustomed to the original game. Dungeon Keeper 1 works like a charm under Windows 98SE. It's under that computer that I did my unofficial patch. It also works under Windows XP, but the increased speed causes Deeper Dungeons level list menu and the Level editor to run a bit too fast. Also, the small bugs always disturbed me a bit, but now that KeeperFX is released, I'm glad that it's now possible to finish the work and makes the game much stable. Once it will become possible to play games over the Internet, it will be a real blast! But for now, I just hope that the modifications of Mefisto won't modify the gameplay too much. Okay, it's fine to add temple recipes and modify the spells a bit, but I don't want the modifications to ruin the game. That's only what I hope.

Are you sure? I though this files have something to do with the graphic?
    Here's the proof

There are two files in the Bullfrog\Dungeon Keeper 2\Data folder named bfile.bld and tfile.tld.

Two registry entries:

Configuration -> Player -> Use Blood (german version by default 0)

Configuration -> Video -> Torture Details (german version by default 0)

Normally you can delete this two files and change the registry and it works, but many people really don't know this.

So, I searched with the Hex-Editor in the DKII.exe for these files bfile.bld and tfile.tld. I renamed these files in the exe in afile.bld and cfile.tld . That's it.
    Well, bfile.bld and tfile.tld files don't exist for us, even though they are indicated in the executable, and the registry data are set to 1 by default for us. So, why not simply mentioning in a Readme.txt file to delete the files and change the registry manually for the German people only?

CAMPAIGN-MAPS - I used the 1.3 files from the CD and make the ending of the maps compatible to the actual version.
    By checking the files from the different versions, I have discovered that 1.6 version have the biggest variable files, better than 1.3 version.

MODIFIED FILES - 00000406.016; 00000407.016; 00000407.256; clcd16.dll; clcd32.dll; DKII.exe; dplayerx.dll; drvmgt.dll; QMixer.dll and some maps
    What's the goal of .016 and .256 files?

clcd16.dll, clcd32.dll and dplayerx.dll are files for SafeDisc copy protection and can be deleted without any troubles if you have UnSafeDisced the game. This is what I did and I never got any problems. In fact, you should also delete DKII.icd and clokspl.exe files as well. I explained everything here.

Files I'm not able to open or edit useful are - DKII.exe (partially); EngineTextures.dat; EngineTextures.dir; soundfiles with the ending .MAP; JCN.dat; MBtoUNI.dat; UNItoMB.dat; residx.dat; all textfiles with the ending .BF4
    EngineTextures.dat and EngineTextures.dir can be opened by using DK2TextureExtractor. You can also get helpful informations here. Mefisto also had a tool, but it's no more available. What's up with that?

Sound files with .MAP extension seem to specify their IDs and in which .SDT files they are stored, but I didn't go really further into that.

I don't know what JCN.dat file is all about.

MBtoUNI.dat and UNItoMB.dat files are used to swap texts into strings and strings into texts from .STR files. You can use Mefisto's STR Tool to open and edit strings of the game.

residx.dat file seems to specify all the text files to use by the game. Each file name is stored in that file and the first part seems to be still IDs.

Finally, .BF4 files have an unknown file format and requires someone to figure it out.

Is there any program to CREATE .wad files (would help to make the menu faster)?
    There's DK2WadTools. However, you can only extract the files from the .WAD files, and not the opposite. But you can tell the game to use extracted files instead of the .WAD files by using command lines.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; February 1st, 2010 at 01:54.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...