Thread: Test map for Yourmaster

Default Test map for Yourmaster

Hey!

I'm just uploading this for a test, it's not a map to be played.Zip map.zip

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Test map for Yourmaster

You can't tell me what I can and can't do
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Lol, feel free!

Quote Originally Posted by Blossy1000 View Post
    Hey!

I'm just uploading this for a test, it's not a map to be played.Zip map.zip
    ok, what do I do to see a bug or bad hero behavior?

Edit,... there's two pretty critical errors in the script though, see the log:

Error: script_scan_line(line 108): Not enough parameters for "CREATE_EFFECT_AT_POS", got only 0
    Error: script_scan_line(line 109): Invalid command, '43' (lev ver 1)
    Your line with 'Level_version(1)' is missing an enter which adds the next command to it and breaks all new commands. Your CREATE_EFFECT_AT_POS has an enter inside of it, also breaking it.
    Last edited by YourMaster; October 9th, 2022 at 16:40.

The behaviour of the heroes (stopping to attack the rooms in the dungeon when the player claims the bridge). Also, there's the issue with the effect_explosion command, I don't understand how that works, I just tried it out.

With the above issues with the script fixed, the explosion works. And I see nothing wrong with the heroes either. Here's what I did:

1) Fixed the level_version(1) command in the script, allowing keeperfx commands to be used
    2) Changed the script so I only had to wait 200 turns for heroes to show up
    3) Used cheats to spawn a unit on the neutral heart, which claimed the room for me.
    4) Used imps to claim the bridge from my new heart room
    5) Watched heroes destroy every single room tile of my southern red dungeon.
    ????
    7) profit?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    With the above issues with the script fixed, the explosion works. And I see nothing wrong with the heroes either. Here's what I did:

1) Fixed the level_version(1) command in the script, allowing keeperfx commands to be used
    2) Changed the script so I only had to wait 200 turns for heroes to show up
    3) Used cheats to spawn a unit on the neutral heart, which claimed the room for me.
    4) Used imps to claim the bridge from my new heart room
    5) Watched heroes destroy every single room tile of my southern red dungeon.
    ????
    7) profit?
    To begin with, thanks a lot for helping out!

Hmm... I'm not at home and can't check for now, but for 1) I thought there could be something like that, but since the change_slab_type worked I figured level_ersion(1) was correctly written? Or isn't that a new script command?

Also, I did test the map under "classic" behaviour, maybe that makes a difference in how the heroes behave?

I'll check again when I have time (have a 1 yoear old daughter...) but thanks again. It's just a test for the functions though, not a full map, for anyone who might be wondering

The hero behavior between the different rule sets should be exactly the same. Change_slab_type is a new script command too yes, and I believe it did not work in the version you send me either.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    The hero behavior between the different rule sets should be exactly the same. Change_slab_type is a new script command too yes, and I believe it did not work in the version you send me either.
    But it did work. I don't know what you're talking about with the enters? Is it something with the programs we're viewing the scripts? I simply used the default windows notepad and this is what the script I sent you looks like for me:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1538.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	2307

The crowded early part of the script is what Unearth did iself when I made the map layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Blossy1000 View Post
    But it did work. I don't know what you're talking about with the enters? Is it something with the programs we're viewing the scripts? I simply used the default windows notepad and this is what the script I sent you looks like for me:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1538.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	2307

The crowded early part of the script is what Unearth did iself when I made the map layout.
    That top bit is totally weird. I use Notepad++ as a general text editor, and VC Code with the KeeperFX plugin is really good specifically for making maps. But even in windows notepad, it does not look that bad to me. And even in windows notepad, there is 2 mistakes with enter visible for me in the file you send me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	levelversionreturn.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	2308