Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

I've just tested and it worked fine, I'll download and see whats wrong, and then I upload another one...

I didn't find anything strange, I'm wondering do you have the Gog version?
    I had that before it worked fine but in rare occasions there was som errors.
    Now I usuelly make my files write protected i don't think that is the issue,
    but you never know, so these ones are not.

You can download a "new" file here..
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/3g4sj...Games.zip/file

(Haha I named the zip file LordOfTheGames, not Gems ,so The LordOfTheGames must be "Bodsda")
    Last edited by Whynotsian; October 26th, 2022 at 17:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    I've just tested and it worked fine, I'll download and see whats wrong, and then I upload another one...

I didn't find anything strange, I'm wondering do you have the Gog version?
    I had that before it worked fine but in rare occasions there was som errors.
    Now I usuelly make my files write protected i don't think that is the issue,
    but you never know, so these ones are not.

You can download a "new" file here..
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/3g4sj...Games.zip/file

(Haha I named the zip file LordOfTheGames, not Gems ,so The LordOfTheGames must be "Bodsda")
    Tested my save with the new file, same problem

Yeah I'm on the GOG version

Whynots Mad King - Nice and straightforward on this one. The travel North was largely unevetful until the bridges. On my first attempt I stormed the keep and got wiped out. Second attempt I let my imps do all the work, starting with the Hero Gates and then Lightning to wittle down the Lvl10 Skeletons which were remarkably more durable than I thought they would be. The second assault went much smoother.

And the death of the king marks 50%

44/80

Whynots Mean Streak - This level seems to start a pattern of denying me useful spells. Call To Arms wasn't just hidden, it was 95% of the way through the map... By the time I was able to station my creatures I was practically at the obective. Knowing how bad it went last time I stormed a keep I decided to hold back in the second to last room and just knock the wall down. By chance the LOTL decided to take a liking to an imp that was running away and he wandered right into my creatures.

A nice level design, reminiscent of the campaign level that sees you skulking around breaking creatures out of prisons, only this time it was spells.

45/88

Whynots Mushrooms - This map was good fun, a nice change of pace. No portals here, just crap creatures in prison. I went for the North outpost first to give me the North/South edge, the took East and West. Restarted a couple of times because a Lvl3 Dark Elf is super precious.

When the 4th outpost fell I was feeling confident. The assaults on my dungeon came but there was some sort of AI pathing problem. I didn't open any pathways to my dungeon and it seems the single tile hole that a dwarf dug was too inconspicuous for 80% of the Hero Party to see, they kind of just went for an extended paddle in the river and got split up, so when they did finally make it onto dry land they did so 1 or 2 at a time. Not a good strategy for them.

46/88

Whynots MysteryTour - So I fucked up. I started a play through, found both portals and thought, hmm, there is a conspicuously straight gold seem to the North that is probably a trigger, but by avoiding that I'll be left short on gold. So I restarted, only got 1 portal, did some wall digging to the West, found a Gem seam and then got pummelled by repeated parties of around 10 Lvl5s.

So restart, get both portals and go hard on Black Knights. I'll take my chances this time round with the North gold seam. Nothing happened... no incursions. So I'm now 12 Black Knights strong and they're training up. I know I could do this level with mass conversions given the Gems but that was may strategy for the first half of the map pack, so lets focus on Vampires in this half where possible. 15 Black Knights, 15 Vampires, a handful of warlocks and 1 Dark Angel.

The march north was a bit lengthy because there's no call to arms at that point, your creatures get pulled into rooms you haven't claimed and you will be assaulted whilst you try and make progress up the other side. It took a while but eventually I made it to the top and joined the East and West paths. Then I thought, lets get more Vampires, so some 100k later I have 30 graves and a massive training room. Not long later I had 30 Vampires and I sent them all into a big temple - Note: If you build a 5x5 temple and then sell the central square you have no pool for them to accidentaly fall in - so all my vampires are praying and that lets me get to work on imp rushing the Princes bachelor pad.

I needed to use the Elite Black Knight to take out the traps before the imps could finish their work. Covered all the water with bridges and then opened the flood gates to my hungry Vampires. Good night Princes.

I had fun with this one

47/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots MysteryTour - So I fucked up. I started a play through, found both portals and thought, hmm, there is a conspicuously straight gold seem to the North that is probably a trigger, but by avoiding that I'll be left short on gold. So I restarted, only got 1 portal, did some wall digging to the West, found a Gem seam and then got pummelled by repeated parties of around 10 Lvl5s.

So restart, get both portals and go hard on Black Knights. I'll take my chances this time round with the North gold seam. Nothing happened... no incursions. So I'm now 12 Black Knights strong and they're training up. I know I could do this level with mass conversions given the Gems but that was may strategy for the first half of the map pack, so lets focus on Vampires in this half where possible. 15 Black Knights, 15 Vampires, a handful of warlocks and 1 Dark Angel.

The march north was a bit lengthy because there's no call to arms at that point, your creatures get pulled into rooms you haven't claimed and you will be assaulted whilst you try and make progress up the other side. It took a while but eventually I made it to the top and joined the East and West paths. Then I thought, lets get more Vampires, so some 100k later I have 30 graves and a massive training room. Not long later I had 30 Vampires and I sent them all into a big temple - Note: If you build a 5x5 temple and then sell the central square you have no pool for them to accidentaly fall in - so all my vampires are praying and that lets me get to work on imp rushing the Princes bachelor pad.

I needed to use the Elite Black Knight to take out the traps before the imps could finish their work. Covered all the water with bridges and then opened the flood gates to my hungry Vampires. Good night Princes.

I had fun with this one

47/88
    Thanks for your liking of these maps.

I had to restart this one myself, the only one I had to do that with
    and I made this map, shame on me.
    MysteryTour is one of the maps I’ve played among the most.
    tested all kind of creature combinations, the one I find useful at the start
    is some Bile Demons so I get Lightening traps just outside each portal and
    they are real Blockers, and I have a few Blackies, later on I get rid of the Biles.
    And I had a high level Dark Angel running about in the center taking out traps and doors.
    He is a bit faster then the elite Black Knight.

I must agree, this one is fun

Now save Mythologica to be played last, just a tip.

Whynots_Nemesis - Given the name I had a rough idea what was coming for me on this map. I didn't however expect the high level training or the 4 (I think) portals that Nemesis would have. I took three runs at his dungeon, retreating each time to heal and train, before I was able to make some headway in the south east corner. Luckily this was where his Lair was and once I'd taken and sold that his creatures stayed dead.

A bit longer than other levels, but very enjoyable. If you wanted to up the difficulty, have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion.

48/88

Whynots Oracle - Ooh, difficulty settings. I love it. Naturally I want to punish myself so I'll go for Black Knight.

There is a reasonable amount of time to build up a force before Blue and Green break into your dungeon. Assuming your concentrating on fighters and blockers that is. If you've gone for support like Warlock and Dark Elves then you might find you can't stop the first large party which will be a higher level than you. If you can stop it though, then you can convert them. I ended up converting every creature from both Blue and Green. They didn't attack with anything other than imps and a stray Maiden after that.

The march into their dungeons was then trivial, and when I heard the voiceover instructing the goodly heroes to attack me I guessed they would be making a run down the middle. Luckily I had my creatures dropped in time and with 3 dungeons worth of reasonably well levelled creatures I was able to blitz my way up to the outer-fortifications of fairy keep. Taking the first couple of Hero Gates was fine, but then I see there is 3 either side, guarded by Giants and constantly pumping out enemies. I had to blitz both while spamming imps to claim high enough to get to the graveyards and break the gates.

But the trouble didn't stop there. After a while I was able to use a salamander to clear the traps on the other side of the lava moat, a quick bridge build and imp drop claimed the stone bridge. Then when the patrol was on one side I took out the opposite Hero Gate, waited and repeated on the other side. Mopped up the patrol and then had a look with sight of evil inside the keep... The problem with that many high level fairies is stun. If I attack head on my creatures will spend all their time on the floor and die. So naturally it was only the very strongest, the most loyal, the bravest of my creatures that won the day for me. Yes, my Imps. They stormed the keep, captured the temple, and I sold what I could. Everyone else, to pay for their cowardace was forced to pray to me as their omnipotent overlord. This surge in mana allowed me to use turncoat and thunderbolt to end the Fairy Oracle and all of her kin.

49/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots_Nemesis - Given the name I had a rough idea what was coming for me on this map. I didn't however expect the high level training or the 4 (I think) portals that Nemesis would have. I took three runs at his dungeon, retreating each time to heal and train, before I was able to make some headway in the south east corner. Luckily this was where his Lair was and once I'd taken and sold that his creatures stayed dead.

A bit longer than other levels, but very enjoyable. If you wanted to up the difficulty, have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion.

48/88
    "If you wanted to up the difficulty"...
    Or give the player a reasonable lair at the start, then make
    the lair unavailable for him (that’s you) so you can’t sell
    Nemesis lair. (I could even make triggers so every time
    you claim his lair it will be altered to be owned by Nemesis)

"have Nemesis go for your dungeon heart after you've put 10 creature or something in his dungeon as punishment for a failed invasion."
    That's a good idea, but I think that you would have used spells and make them fight amongst themselves

Did you catch the Monk ?