Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Whynots Phoenix - Another enjoyable level. Enemy invasiosn of increasingly higher level always pose the same problem, if they don't defeat you with the level 10s then you have conversion candidates that mean nothing else can beat you.

Trying to think of ways around this, perhaps the Hero parties containing anything over level 4 should have Die Instantly ticked. At least then you are only giving over corpses and not creatures. Either that or make the torture chamber unavailable.

Good fun though

53/88

Whynots Pilgrim - That was a fun map, after I twigged that I wasn't supposed to use the Monk to wage a one man war. The pit stops on the lava road where nicely spread out, just a tad too far to make it through to the next hatchery in one posession run, had to drop out to heal and reposess.

On my way back up the map I was able to largely ignore both the lava section and the caverns, just let the imps run wild, and then used my creatures to take out the Hero Gates and on to the LOTL.

54/88

Whynots Prison Break - A nice striaghtforward map, little room to build but a nice surprise waiting for you just after the portal. The skeleton army was relentless, assuming you kill them all. If the AI gets a bit bugged they can end up standing around not doing anything allowing you all the time you need to bolster your army. The LOTL was quite the coward and kept running away from the fight so when I chased him I was then flanked by the repeated skeleton parties.

Good fun, nice quick map.

55/88

Whynots_Phenomenon - Ok, some one was not being entirely fair with this level. A dungeon heart ambush... tut tut. I lost everything to that. Luckily I hadn't put all of my eggs into the conversion basket, I had a modest amount of Vampires so all was not lost. I was able to hold off the first-final invasion, then it was just funny watching the VoTL keep coming back and heading straight for his inevitable doom.

I really like Vampires as the LOTL, it makes it so it's not just one fight. I wonder though if a trigger could be set to give him a new party each time he's killed. Does the "killed" flag fire when a vampire dies who isn't on Lvl1?

56/88

Whynots Reggies Revenge - It's always fun to play as the Good Guys, and as their were Hero's in the middle of this map that meant conversions that weren't going to make my creatures unhappy

Taking away the posession spell was mean. For some reason my creatures wouldn't attack the traps around the Dungeon Heart and I couldn't do it for them so half of them just spent their time stunned on the floor. There also seemed to be some trickery going on with Blue's crerature levels, I don't know if his creatures were uncapped in the Training Room or if they were given to him high level or if he just skirmished with the Heroes alot, but he was tougher than I expected.

Nice enjoyable level this one, inspired perhaps by the skirmish map with a similar spiral in the center.

57/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots_Phenomenon - Ok, some one was not being entirely fair with this level. A dungeon heart ambush... tut tut. I lost everything to that. Luckily I hadn't put all of my eggs into the conversion basket, I had a modest amount of Vampires so all was not lost. I was able to hold off the first-final invasion, then it was just funny watching the VoTL keep coming back and heading straight for his inevitable doom.

I really like Vampires as the LOTL, it makes it so it's not just one fight. I wonder though if a trigger could be set to give him a new party each time he's killed. Does the "killed" flag fire when a vampire dies who isn't on Lvl1?

56/88
    I’m very fair, you certainly deserve to be punished by the Goodies, at least once or twice.

No that doesn’t work until he dies as level 1. (because he’s not dead, only in a state of limbo)
    (That is, if “his” graveyard hasn’t been claimed or destroyed, obviously)
    But when he dies as level 1 there will be a new hero party with additionally vampires
    (Unless this (level 10) vampire has a win trigger on him (and which says, no more H.P.))
    I’ve tested this on my map “Transylvania”

I was thinking about the problem concerning killing the horny in “LordOfTheGems” map
    I think that this will be the same issue in “Mythologica” where you play as horny, he will
    be invulnerable, which off course isn’t fun, it’s like playing in God Mode.

And your next map to play, “Q” isn’t that good, made among the first I’ve made,
    learning how to make maps, so you can skip that one, (you are allowed

Whynots Reggies Revenge - It's always fun to play as the Good Guys, and as their were Hero's in the middle of this map that meant conversions that weren't going to make my creatures unhappy

Taking away the posession spell was mean. For some reason my creatures wouldn't attack the traps around the Dungeon Heart and I couldn't do it for them so half of them just spent their time stunned on the floor. There also seemed to be some trickery going on with Blue's crerature levels, I don't know if his creatures were uncapped in the Training Room or if they were given to him high level or if he just skirmished with the Heroes alot, but he was tougher than I expected.

Nice enjoyable level this one, inspired perhaps by the skirmish map with a similar spiral in the center.

57/88
    So you liked this one, it was made after a couple of beers a late friday, and never I returned thru the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    I’m very fair, you certainly deserve to be punished by the Goodies, at least once or twice.

No that doesn’t work until he dies as level 1. (because he’s not dead, only in a state of limbo)
    (That is, if “his” graveyard hasn’t been claimed or destroyed, obviously)
    But when he dies as level 1 there will be a new hero party with additionally vampires
    (Unless this (level 10) vampire has a win trigger on him (and which says, no more H.P.))
    I’ve tested this on my map “Transylvania”

I was thinking about the problem concerning killing the horny in “LordOfTheGems” map
    I think that this will be the same issue in “Mythologica” where you play as horny, he will
    be invulnerable, which off course isn’t fun, it’s like playing in God Mode.

And your next map to play, “Q” isn’t that good, made among the first I’ve made,
    learning how to make maps, so you can skip that one, (you are allowed
    What about if the Vampire's lair was blocked off by impenetrable rock, but the lair was also an AP. Could you have a trigger when AP-Lair was congregated by 1 creature, then an alter terrain to remove the wall, the AP-Lair to have a waypoint AP just outside the Lair that had a trigger to alter the wall back and spawn a new party that had the same kill player objective that the VoTL has.
    The wall is there to make sure the only creature that can get to the lair is the Vampire by dying

I decided to give Whynots_Q_ a go. To be honest, I quite liked it as a skirmish map. It felt similar to swiss cheese and that campaign level where you fight for the Dark Angels favour. You can tell it's an early attempt though - all three AI Keepers got wiped out by Heroes and then the LOTL randomly appeared to attack me and got slaughtered in seconds. I don't think my creatures fought anything other than the LOTL

58/88

Whynots Revolution - I decided that Vampires and Imps would be my only force for this one. Everyone else was a prayer slave. No invasions happened so I was free to take my time. I decided that Lvl4 Vampires probably wouldn't be enough so after a bout in the Training room I took them 2 at a time into the Combat Pit and kept them both alive until Lvl8. Did this to 10 Vampires before embarking on my Journey.

The first area was well designed with traps and wizards so my imps couldn't fully destroy the Hero Gates. After trying for a few minutes I let my Vampires loose and they quickly took out everything that moved. Needed Posession to deal with a few traps and check some doors before making it to the second area.

This one was straight forward, imps did all the heavy lifting followed by Turncoat and finally a Posession run to clear the traps.

The third area was just the Prince and once he was dealt with my Imps took the side Gates before any creatures spawned. Not sure if the triggers were wrong or if I got to them before a timer spawned them.

The fourth area was the most difficult, the fear traps, sentry's and lightning traps stalled my Imp assault. A slow-mo posession run took them all out though, as well as the Freeze traps, allowing me to claim the land and cover the water ready for my Vampire assault. I was wary of the monks but at Lvl6 they seemed to just run away scared when by group of what was now about 15 Vampires came running at them. No losses on my side.

The final room was claimed by my Imps before letting my Vampires feast on royalty.

59/88

What about if the Vampire's lair was blocked off by impenetrable rock, but the lair was also an AP. Could you have a trigger when AP-Lair was congregated by 1 creature, then an alter terrain to remove the wall, the AP-Lair to have a waypoint AP just outside the Lair that had a trigger to alter the wall back and spawn a new party that had the same kill player objective that the VoTL has.
    The wall is there to make sure the only creature that can get to the lair is the Vampire by dying
    Yes that's possible, but you have to open that trigger and add in the repeat tab how many times it should repeat or
    choose "Always", this last is meant only for My pet dungeon and can cause a fast endless loop of actions until it crashes,
    but sometimes it can work in singelplayer maps if there's a trigger that changes the actions happened, and then it starts
    all over again. It's smart thinking but it takes a lot of testing and redo before it will work properly.
    And if you do a change later on in a trigger (that have the Repeat tab active), then you must redo the repeat action again.
    (All this have I done in the maps "The Riddle" and "VulcanRider").

But Whynot test it