Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Whynots Temple Of Venus - I accidentally breached into the water early on, I thought this would be an irritating mistake but by chance I seem to have breached in the same location that the invasions were going to come through anyway. The invasion parties were reasonably well levelled, and any party with a Fairy/Mistress Lvl4 and up is annoying due to stun. Luckily Zacariah could single handedly deal with everything that came in which also provided him with some useful training that would see him eventually get to Lvl9.

Same deal as before, breach the outer gate, send in the imps and Micro until the Hero Gates are down. Zacariah to manage traps and this time I got my prisoners out. I didn't use any other creatures, deliberately, for the whole level. Fairies coupled with high level Guarda and Royal Guards were the only real threat. Stun doesn't effect those possessed though so that made things easier.

The final temple room was less problematic then the others.

67/88

Whynots Temple Of Mars - This is the most straightforward of the Temples so far.

After finding the second portal it became apparent that I was dealing with Blue keeper. He didn't rebuild the bridge after I sold it so we were not going to be on the defensive. It appeared that one Hero Gate was set to come for us, and one for him. I quickly shut down the one for me and left the other. I was free to train. But it seems I was also limited in creature count. Despite having 2 portals I was at 13 creatures.

Blue had 3 portals I think, so this was never going to be a fair fight. I decided to take the fight to him after dealing with his Hero Gate. I was definitely out matched in terms of creature count and level, so I decided to take the little entrance room and set it up as a death trap. Plenty of sentrys and lightning traps, with my creatures stationed behind them. This created essentially a conversion portal for me. Everything that came in got killed, captured and converted.

After a while it was clear Blue had nothing left of substantial value so I set the Call To Arms on his Dungeon Heart and let my minions loose.

68/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots Temple Of Mars - This is the most straightforward of the Temples so far.

After finding the second portal it became apparent that I was dealing with Blue keeper. He didn't rebuild the bridge after I sold it so we were not going to be on the defensive. It appeared that one Hero Gate was set to come for us, and one for him. I quickly shut down the one for me and left the other. I was free to train. But it seems I was also limited in creature count. Despite having 2 portals I was at 13 creatures.

Blue had 3 portals I think, so this was never going to be a fair fight. I decided to take the fight to him after dealing with his Hero Gate. I was definitely out matched in terms of creature count and level, so I decided to take the little entrance room and set it up as a death trap. Plenty of sentrys and lightning traps, with my creatures stationed behind them. This created essentially a conversion portal for me. Everything that came in got killed, captured and converted.

After a while it was clear Blue had nothing left of substantial value so I set the Call To Arms on his Dungeon Heart and let my minions loose.

68/88
    ”Venus”
    I must confess this one is quite easy, first I thought of having a (none elite) Black Knight
    instead of the elite D.A. but I liked the need of not having to leave possession, a little bit too much.

“Mars”
    That’s a good strategy.
    I convert the giants that walks towards the Blue and then
    I use the hero party’s aiming for me, to train up “my” giants.
    This way the blue doesn’t get levels for free, for his creatures, win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    ”Venus”
    I must confess this one is quite easy, first I thought of having a (none elite) Black Knight
    instead of the elite D.A. but I liked the need of not having to leave possession, a little bit too much.
    There is something quite fun in possessing a Dark Angel, especially if you get them high enough to summon Skeletons

“Mars”
    That’s a good strategy.
    I convert the giants that walks towards the Blue and then
    I use the hero party’s aiming for me, to train up “my” giants.
    This way the blue doesn’t get levels for free, for his creatures, win-win.
    I prefer to train in the combat pit at 400% speed, otherwise I usually end up forgetting about them and eventually one dies in the water. Given the repeating invasions though I guess you could convert a stronger force than blue and attack this level thaat way as well.

Whynots Temple Of Saturn - Not giving me a bridge made this one slightly more challenging, but having Giants as the prisoners meant I had a possession candidate to go across the lava and take out the traps. If not for them I'd have to use converted fairies.

Same deal as before, imp micro, posession for traps, work your way in.

69/88
    Last edited by Bodsda; November 7th, 2022 at 17:36.

Whynots Temple Of The Sun - And that rounds out the Temple levels. No surprise invasion like on Jupiter so this one can follow our normal formula of imp micro working our way in, converts, posession for traps and eventuall claim the whole map.

With the exception of defending my portal and possession for traps I didn't use any creatures for fighting in the whole level. I did have 24 heroes praying too me at all times to generate the mana for my never ending imp invasion though

Great maps, Jupiter was the hardest, Mars was the easiest, in my opinion.

70/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots Temple Of The Sun - And that rounds out the Temple levels.

Great maps, Jupiter was the hardest, Mars was the easiest, in my opinion.
    Thank you Bodsda.
    (after this it's prohibited to have more than, say five or less praying in the temple,
    by the way, did you know that Wizards are excelent at pray.)

When you come to "The Labyrinth", please don't start by take a peek in the editor.
    Last edited by Whynotsian; November 7th, 2022 at 20:45.

Thank you Bodsda.
    (after this it's prohibited to have more than, say five or less praying in the temple,
    by the way, did you know that Wizards are excelent at pray.)
    Ok, no problem

Yeah, they have a significantly higher base mana prroduction from praying then Warlocks do. 120:85

When you come to "The Labyrinth", please don't start by take a peek in the editor.
    I'm not routinely looking at them before playing but yeah I'll make sure I see nothing of Labyrinth before I start

Whynots The Guardian - Another nice level, and something a little different. Instead of being against Heroes OR Keepers you have to work your way through defensive lines of both.

Stage 1 was nice and easy and provided me with a fair few conversions, I got 9 of the Elven Archers and a few Giants. Because the Giants don't patrol you can easily drop an imp behind them to deal with the Hero Gate before taking them out, or you can keeping converting them and they'll keep spawning.

Stage 2 was keeper time, Nothing out of the ordinary here, this keeper didn't have to long to build and his Dungeon HEart was easily accessible so he fell quite quickly.

Stage 3 was prison break time. Sometimes I've found I can't pickup creatures that are "mine" in a prison I haven't captured, and other times I can't. Not sure which settings controls this but on this level I could pick them up immediately. Plenty more Elven Archers here for conversion.

Stage 4 a slightly tougher Keeper but by this point I was overwhelming with conversions so he didn't really stand a chance.

Stage 5 was a well designed little outpost. I particularly liked how I couldn't claim the sides without first breaking out the Rogues.

Stage 6 saw me use posession to deal with this invisible Thiefs and take out the traps and Wizards. I think this point was where we got the bridges, which were no longer needed

The final outpost looked like it would be more of a challenge, but as there was no invasion pressure on any of the other stages I was able to take my time to train and convert. The West side fell quickly and then as I was working my way to the middle the LOTL came out and got himself killed.

I notice though, looking at the map now, that there were stone knights on this one. And I remember getting Summon Horny. Not sure if I missed a trigger or if the LOTL dies too quick but I never saw those guys and never needed Horny.

71/88

Whynots The Labyrinth - I wasted so much time looking for a trigger to get the bridge...

I mined everything on my side of the river before I resigned myself to running round that maze. Although you can't claim anything over there the gold seams provide a dirt tile after you dig them out, and you can drop imps on dirt so by tagging gold I was able to map out the maze, trigger most of the invasion parties and find my prisoners.

After dealing with those threats I used a Dark Angel to wander around and kill off the defending Wizards and Elven Archers before finding the door.

Lvl10 King Reg hits hard, 2 or 3 hits can take out a possessed Lvl8 Dark Angel and out of posession the DA is more likely to retreat than fight, even when constantly healed. So I had to dance around him in posession until he finally fell. I think he took about 3 hits per petal. Was quite the touch and go fight.

In hindsight I should have gathered a possession party to go and take him out. That would have worked a lot better.

72/88