Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 208

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

  
  1. #181

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    “The Guardian”
    It was a clever way to break it down like this.

    “Stage3”, That’s depending on whom is the owner of the prison and
    if I make the prisoned act as dropped or not and I make this different
    from map to map

    Stone Knights come seconds after you win, they are from me to you
    to show the point of continuing after you win.

    “The Labyrinth”
    The meaning of life, “running round that maze”.
    Smart move to use tagging the gold to “map out the maze”,
    there’s no other way besides taking a peek in the editor.
    A possession party, that I found out, after I made the map
    and after that I’ve played it.

  2. #182

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    Stone Knights come seconds after you win, they are from me to you
    to show the point of continuing after you win.
    Ah, I see. I didn't notice that. I don't usually play on after the cut scene.

  3. #183

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Whynots The Sphinx - Another different map. No winding hallways or long treks to the other side, this time you have to fight for all of your rooms.

    I made the mistake of breaching too many doors before I had dealt with the main room minions, luckily I was able to use the Elite Black Knight to take them out in possession. If I didn't have him then it would have been much more difficult.

    The room placement clearly had some thought put into it. Library, Training Room and Prison available first makes sense.

    Good fun

    73/88

  4. #184

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Whynots The Wizard Of Oz - Those. Damn. Dwarves

    I was not expecting them to give me as much trouble as they did. I mismanaged my creatures a lot on this map I feel. It's quite large, and windy, and the walk back from the top to the bottom takes longer than my creatures were happy with. Everytime they would fight on the frontlines they would then be bitching and moaning by the time they got back to the dungeon.

    Eventually I was able to make it through. Silly DoTL was not as invincible as he thought and died pretty quickly to Lightning stun and Black Knights.

    Good map

    74/88

  5. #185

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Whynots ToyMan - This was an odd level, much quicker than I expected.

    Dig up, clear the traps outside the door, replace them with your own. Open the door and wait for the DoTL then Lightning stun him until your traps kill him. Job done.

    75/88

  6. #186

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Whynots Transylvania - A challenging map this one. You are on the wrong side of the North/South bug and will face continuous invasions from mid level Vampires. I tried a few different strategies on this one.

    Mass traps didn't work because you spend too much time trying to micro manufacturing and not enough time training defenders.

    I also tried building extra pathways from the invasion points to my Dungeon Heart to try and funnel the invaders to the same defensive choke point. I think there must be a waypoint on the North end though as they almost always ignored this quicker path.

    In the end I settled on handling the first few invasions by hand whilst waiting for my warlocks to research. My black knights were trained in the thrills of live combat as opposed to the pit, but nevertheless they did reasonably well. Assaulting the side invasion points will put a stop to most of the invasions leaving you to defend just the middle. Once we were at this point the level was just a matter of time.


    76/88

    Edit: Just seen the map file and noticed I missed something. I didn't get the zoom I don't think, perhaps because I was in possession at the time?
    Last edited by Bodsda; November 10th, 2022 at 12:34.

  7. #187

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    ”The Sphinx”
    At first, I thought that this map was too hard, but after played it couple of times,
    I liked it because it was balanced enough, which is important.

    “The Wizard Of Oz”
    Yes this one was perhaps a little too big of a map, just because I wanted too
    make room for the “painted” Wizards hats and figures, but it was fun
    painting it. The dwarfs I made a little stronger so that the wizard of Oz
    wouldn’t die too easily. (That’s until Bodsda came along)

    “ToyMan”
    It’s a smaller map, and for those that doesn’t build a small graveyard,
    they will not see the day of light.

    “Transylvania”
    This one is a smaller variation of “Life On Mars”, by painting.
    And also as the way of “MysteryTour”, by strategy.
    Taking the best from two worlds.
    You shouldn’t reveal “hints” like this, it’s not fair to the creator.
    But I don’t understand... “I didn’t get the zoom I don’t think”,
    I must have missed that, what it is, too.

  8. #188

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    ”The Sphinx”
    At first, I thought that this map was too hard, but after played it couple of times,
    I liked it because it was balanced enough, which is important.

    “The Wizard Of Oz”
    Yes this one was perhaps a little too big of a map, just because I wanted too
    make room for the “painted” Wizards hats and figures, but it was fun
    painting it. The dwarfs I made a little stronger so that the wizard of Oz
    wouldn’t die too easily. (That’s until Bodsda came along)

    “ToyMan”
    It’s a smaller map, and for those that doesn’t build a small graveyard,
    they will not see the day of light.

    “Transylvania”
    This one is a smaller variation of “Life On Mars”, by painting.
    And also as the way of “MysteryTour”, by strategy.
    Taking the best from two worlds.
    You shouldn’t reveal “hints” like this, it’s not fair to the creator.
    But I don’t understand... “I didn’t get the zoom I don’t think”,
    I must have missed that, what it is, too.
    No worries, I'll take the hint off

    The zoom. There is a flag in the map file, based on the side graveyards being captured. When you have all 3 a piece of terrain is altered and a "zoom to" is supposed to happen to show you what just changed.

  9. #189

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    No worries, I'll take the hint off

    The zoom. There is a flag in the map file, based on the side graveyards being captured. When you have all 3 a piece of terrain is altered and a "zoom to" is supposed to happen to show you what just changed.
    Ah I see, furtherst down in the south there's a "tile" of impenetrable rock that will change to lava,
    so you can claim the elite dark angel, just for fun, if you didn't get him then you haven't missed him.

  10. #190

    Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

    Whynots Trilogy (TheEnd) - Another nice play on difficulty settings for this map. I wasn't aware of it before I started and just by chance I took on the right most keeper. I assume that I got the Elite DA for my troubles but I didn't actually seen when he appeared.

    After the Keeper was dealt with it took a little while to take out the 4 rooms surrounding the Kings hideout. The spawned creatures were mid-high level and the patrolling parties were particularly annoying. Once it was done I prepared my forces for the final assault, set the flag and jumped in feet first. Everyone died... I had some 30+ conversions to bolster the forces from my 2 portals. When the mist cleared I saw the king was still standing. Unfortunately for him though he was standin on my tiles and he had 2 petals left. He died to Lightning.

    Good fun this one

    77/88

Similar Threads

  1. My maps
    By Ben Shepherdly in forum DK2 Maps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 11th, 2019, 19:18
  2. dk1 maps
    By dave_mac in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 29th, 2015, 14:18
  3. Can not overwrite Maps/save new maps
    By Taliasam in forum DK1 Mapmaking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 10th, 2012, 14:56
  4. Cannot edit maps
    By Dungeon_Master in forum DK1 Mapmaking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 19th, 2011, 04:11
  5. MPD Maps?
    By Snofeld in forum DK2 Mapmaking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2010, 23:07

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •