Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    50 Knights.. and you ask if you are doing it right

The way you played it here was more like I play it. I try not to loose a single one of my creatures (besides imps), this takes time but everyone is happy at the end, and the frog got his fly

Nice that you take your time reading the ReadMe files, and not just rush ahead.

Read the above

I understand that you are really good at this game, so I think you shouldn't start the easy way off practitising the map so to win the more difficult way, easier
    I do tend to go into each map blind and play conservatively. After I've got the feel for it if I need to restart then I might tackle it differently.

Whynots_Boss - This map was fun. I thought the Rogue would play a more pivotal role so did put some effort into keeping him alive, but then he went on a suicide run into some Elven Archers so I was stuck with Goblins and Firefly's for a while. Once you start getting the rooms the level progresses slowly but without many problems. I didn't notice the mana vault so ended up sniping with warlocks, mistresses, dark angel and traps whilst using a salamander to coax the LOTL back within firing range.

13/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots_Boss - This map was fun. I thought the Rogue would play a more pivotal role so did put some effort into keeping him alive, but then he went on a suicide run into some Elven Archers so I was stuck with Goblins and Firefly's for a while. Once you start getting the rooms the level progresses slowly but without many problems. I didn't notice the mana vault so ended up sniping with warlocks, mistresses, dark angel and traps whilst using a salamander to coax the LOTL back within firing range.

13/88
    Thank you.
    That’s one way to play this map and you are the second to miss that mana vault
    Maybe I should have giving it a hint in the readme, but I made it a speech in the map and
    a zoom to that revealing action point

(Which was the most challenging map of the Bs)

Thank you.
    That’s one way to play this map and you are the second to miss that mana vault
    Maybe I should have giving it a hint in the readme, but I made it a speech in the map and
    a zoom to that revealing action point

(Which was the most challenging map of the Bs)
    I remember hearing the LOTL going on about mana vaults, but I was in kill mode and just ignored him

Hmm, most challenging of the Bs. Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Boss both had me being very cautious, so that was challenging. BrothersInArms race against the clock I can see why some people might fail it. Bullfrog (The Elite) is a contender when picking the Dark Angel, I think if I didnt make a point of converting most of the other keepers units I would have struggled.

Whynots Candelabra - Black Knight difficulty, this one was tricky. Once you head south there is no let up, the waves just keep on coming. On the one hand this vastly increased my creature count, but on the other it was a pain as fending off an East/West assault left my Dungeon Heart unguarded from the North. The parties in each of the tips are too strong for a posession based party to prevail in an all out assault, but, you can tempt the Princes away from their patrol in posession then run rings around them. A 1v1 with a posessed Dark Angel goes in your favour even if you can't dodge attacks. I was able to kill all 3 with 1 Dark Angel whilst everyone else was stationed via Call to Arms at my Dungeon Heart.

I thought it would be a little unfair to use the 2 Hornys so I just left them in jail

That was a good map, very enjoyable.

14/88

Whynots Candelabra - Black Knight difficulty, this one was tricky. Once you head south there is no let up, the waves just keep on coming. On the one hand this vastly increased my creature count, but on the other it was a pain as fending off an East/West assault left my Dungeon Heart unguarded from the North. The parties in each of the tips are too strong for a posession based party to prevail in an all out assault, but, you can tempt the Princes away from their patrol in posession then run rings around them. A 1v1 with a posessed Dark Angel goes in your favour even if you can't dodge attacks. I was able to kill all 3 with 1 Dark Angel whilst everyone else was stationed via Call to Arms at my Dungeon Heart.

I thought it would be a little unfair to use the 2 Hornys so I just left them in jail

That was a good map, very enjoyable.

14/88
    Good strategy especially when it comes to a little faster gameplay.
    I tend to take a couple of hours playing this, first free the salamanders
    to help with guarding and get rid of some traps and a few heroes.
    Then attacking the Blue, build new traps and guard rooms to the north
    and take out the princes one by one.

Your right there, I put them on the map just in case (for fun)

Thanks, despite that the map is large it still “happens something along the way”
    This map and Brushfield Spots are my favorites and they took looong time to make.

By the way, did you find out how to get the elite Vampire and the level up!? (Even if you don't need them
    Last edited by Whynotsian; September 28th, 2022 at 17:39.

Good strategy especially when it comes to a little faster gameplay.
    I tend to take a couple of hours playing this, first free the salamanders
    to help with guarding and get rid of some traps and a few heroes.
    Then attacking the Blue, build new traps and guard rooms to the north
    and take out the princes one by one.

Your right there, I put them on the map just in case (for fun)

Thanks, despite that the map is large it still “happens something along the way”
    This map and Brushfield Spots are my favorites and they took looong time to make.

By the way, did you find out how to get the elite Vampire and the level up!? (Even if you don't need them
    I didn't even find the Vampire or the level up. I see in the Map though that it's to do with the warlock and the imprisoned salamanders. I think given the size of the map there is a lot you wont find unless you open it up and have a look around. Like the Hero Gates the are supposed to assault Blue or the Hornys in the Lava

Whynots Catwalk - This is a rather odd map. DH being assaulted every minute or so (on 400%) by progressively levelled Elven Archers who have a tendency to walk backwards is a real pain because it takes them out of range of Goblins Call to Arms fighting distance. Interestingly, a certain creature does not have a certain limit in a certain room like you would expect them too.
    Once I had that up to a respectable level it was just a quick round the clock to wipeout the side sections and a couple of minutes scratching my head to figure out why the level wasn't ending

Nice and quick, but different and fun.

15/88

Whynots Complexity - Another map with a challenge. There are 6 potential entry points into your Dungeon, but if you only have 1 open then all the enemies funnel into it. Luckily you are given all the time necessary to design your dungeon before inviting the fight, with some quick enforcement of jobs you can make the entry point a killzone with traps, then you have about a minute inbetween waves to train and research.
    The sheer number of enemies at the end caused most of my creatures to die. My killzone would have handled most of the LOTL party but as I don't use him much I thought I'd let Horny have some fun with them.

A long map, but fun.

16/88
    Last edited by Bodsda; September 30th, 2022 at 12:09.

Whynots Catwalk - This is a rather odd map. DH being assaulted every minute or so (on 400%) by progressively levelled Elven Archers who have a tendency to walk backwards is a real pain because it takes them out of range of Goblins Call to Arms fighting distance. Interestingly, a certain creature does not have a certain limit in a certain room like you would expect them too.
    Once I had that up to a respectable level it was just a quick round the clock to wipeout the side sections and a couple of minutes scratching my head to figure out why the level wasn't ending

Nice and quick, but different and fun.

15/88
    Yes, I thought I would have a more stressfull map (I useually like more slow ones)
    but all maps can’t be the same, this one, as you point out, is a rather odd one

Thanks