Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Just finished Abbey Road. Was good fun, no rest in this one. Posession was handy to fend off the first couple of waves. Would have been nice to see the Lvl10 Monk do something at the end of the level. Maybe if he was pitted against a Lvl10 Vampire in a 1v1, almost like an ending cinematic.

I found that the repeating Good Player parties would get stuck/bored/lost sometimes, especially if I killed the Dark Angel and would eventually just walk back to where they came from. You can use turncoat on them along their journey and basically ignore them.

Was a bit of a shock having the portal shut off at some point. I was over 30 creatures at one point but ended the level with about 6.

1/88 Done

Are these supposed to be played in any particular order?

Alien... someone was not feeling very fair when they made this map.

My first attempt I survived the first Goblin wave but the cheating bastards from the second wave looked like they were getting Keeper healed. So second attempt I stayed out of the Gem seam area so they would have no path to my dungeon. This created a Gold shortage but good management of warlocks to research the create gold spell was enough.

By the time I felt like assaulting the Hero portals I was up to around 20 creatures all lvl6+ and a fair few Lvl10 Knights and a Dark Angel and I'd been playing a while so was rushing. The traps in those rooms where not very nice. The Goblin of The Land party was trivial - block in a corridor and spam heal.

I guess these maps aren't going to give me much opportunity to build dungeons and are going to be more focussed on identifying the strategy to block the waves. Still, good fun and a nice step up in difficulty from the campaign.

2/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Just finished Abbey Road. Was good fun, no rest in this one. Posession was handy to fend off the first couple of waves. Would have been nice to see the Lvl10 Monk do something at the end of the level. Maybe if he was pitted against a Lvl10 Vampire in a 1v1, almost like an ending cinematic.

I found that the repeating Good Player parties would get stuck/bored/lost sometimes, especially if I killed the Dark Angel and would eventually just walk back to where they came from. You can use turncoat on them along their journey and basically ignore them.

Was a bit of a shock having the portal shut off at some point. I was over 30 creatures at one point but ended the level with about 6.

1/88 Done

Are these supposed to be played in any particular order?
    Thanks, a level 10 Vampire, oh poor old Munk, I hear Swooosh

Yes I know about that, it's stupid

No, but I think that "Mythologica" should be played last as in a grand final

Alien... someone was not feeling very fair when they made this map.

My first attempt I survived the first Goblin wave but the cheating bastards from the second wave looked like they were getting Keeper healed. So second attempt I stayed out of the Gem seam area so they would have no path to my dungeon. This created a Gold shortage but good management of warlocks to research the create gold spell was enough.

By the time I felt like assaulting the Hero portals I was up to around 20 creatures all lvl6+ and a fair few Lvl10 Knights and a Dark Angel and I'd been playing a while so was rushing. The traps in those rooms where not very nice. The Goblin of The Land party was trivial - block in a corridor and spam heal.

I guess these maps aren't going to give me much opportunity to build dungeons and are going to be more focussed on identifying the strategy to block the waves. Still, good fun and a nice step up in difficulty from the campaign.

2/88
    Ahh... feeling quite nice thank you

Smart move..

I feel for The Goblin of The Land, how could you

Thank you, one of my goals was to make them all a bit different, strategy wise
    I like to solve difficulties and problems, ended up creating them

Amazonia (The Pleiades). This was a very slow map, not a criticism considering the pace of the last two. Other than playing carefully, it's a walk in the park. I didn't end up converting anything, just won through mistresses, skeletons and dwarves.

I didn't check the map out before playing so didn't know where the spells, specials and skeletons were. After getting Plein to level 4 her lightning knockdown was invaluable. I think I got off easy though with the LOTL party, everyone except the Lord went right, he went left so I was able to ambush him alone.

Great map design, very different from anything in the campaign.

3/88

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    Yes I know about that, it's stupid
    I'm not sure if this is the same issue but this is pretty good info nevertheless. I've recently learned a couple of odd behaviors with Hero Parties.

Followers in a Hero Party can't really go through doors, they'll attempt to choose a route that involves bypassing any doors. This can lead to them separating from the Leader, or if they cannot find a route, they'll sit at their spawning point.

"Die Instantly" attribute is kind of buggy, in some conditions it'll cause creatures to stay in "Engaging in Battle" state after killing the creatures. It can also cause the Hero Party to fail to create a new leader, so the remaining party will remain as Followers, and if they get stuck because of the above problem, well depending on your script they might start stacking.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Whynotsian, if you're still making maps, I can send you a blank map that is 255x255 sized and has 255 Action Points to use if you're interested. It's still experimental, so I have not made a thread about it or put it up on downloads, only in the KK discord. So far I have not seen issues arising but I only have a couple maps with it and don't have any reports from other mapmakers.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Whynotsian, if you're still making maps, I can send you a blank map that is 255x255 sized and has 255 Action Points to use if you're interested. It's still experimental, so I have not made a thread about it or put it up on downloads, only in the KK discord. So far I have not seen issues arising but I only have a couple maps with it and don't have any reports from other mapmakers.
    Thanks, but I declaine, I'd rather make two smaller maps then one this large.
    It's hard to make such a big map interesting and fun and it would take an enormous
    amount of time to create, testplay and I would eventually run out of flags and timers.
    But thank you Metal Gear Rex for thinking I could do something great with this

Thanks, but I declaine, I'd rather make two smaller maps then one this large.
    It's hard to make such a big map interesting and fun and it would take an enormous
    amount of time to create, testplay and I would eventually run out of flags and timers.
    But thank you Metal Gear Rex for thinking I could do something great with this
    Mm, not to mention the Creature and Room limit. Been having some fun working around those.

Tesonu is napping!

How or where are you stuck ?
    Here. I don't know what I should do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot0358.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	2294