Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

You’re wellcome

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

i started on a journey, this might take a while because i played abbey road for 3+ hours. I forgot that cta in vanilla was limited to 5 tiles, lost most of my creatures to blue and figured i could rebuild my army anyway, but no more creatures (portal closed?). still, 1 royal guard and 1 giant became lv10 and bros for life to take down the rest of the level, then i built a bunch of firebursts and lightning traps to deal with the invading hero creature parties with mana generated by an army of vampires

how did you get the mercenary portal to work? I can't even make one without the game crashing, let alone get one to have mercenaries to come through.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    i started on a journey, this might take a while because i played abbey road for 3+ hours. I forgot that cta in vanilla was limited to 5 tiles, lost most of my creatures to blue and figured i could rebuild my army anyway, but no more creatures (portal closed?). still, 1 royal guard and 1 giant became lv10 and bros for life to take down the rest of the level, then i built a bunch of firebursts and lightning traps to deal with the invading hero creature parties with mana generated by an army of vampires

how did you get the mercenary portal to work? I can't even make one without the game crashing, let alone get one to have mercenaries to come through.
    Congratulations on starting this journey. I've spent a fair amount of time on these maps, too. But there are some really interesting ones out there.

All you need to make mercenaries come through the portal is to register them in the creature pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Quuz View Post
    Congratulations on starting this journey. I've spent a fair amount of time on these maps, too. But there are some really interesting ones out there.
    it's quite strange an experience, playing with more vanilla settings again of which i seem no longer used to (creatures can barely see and are so fearful), but also there is quite a difference in map making style.

All you need to make mercenaries come through the portal is to register them in the creature pool.
    oh it's just putting them in the pool by hex editing the variables file? or something more than that? i tried it and couldn't get results. fixed the crash i was getting, think i screwed something up on my end with modifying terrain or room kwds, using vanilla 1.7 it worked but yeah still no mercenaries.

Tesonu is napping!

oh it's just putting them in the pool by hex editing the variables file? or something more than that? i tried it and couldn't get results. fixed the crash i was getting, think i screwed something up on my end with modifying terrain or room kwds, using vanilla 1.7 it worked but yeah still no mercenaries.
    Hope this might be helpful..

This file is no more. It has ceased to be!, It's expired and gone to meet its maker!
    /Whynot
    Last edited by Whynotsian; February 21st, 2024 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    hm, according to this and another thread by hapuga and dragonslover that it's impossible to really do globals with mercenary portal, like the game just doesn't like it, not sure if it's fixable without modifying the exe itself or not. unfortunate for my purposes. i suppose it would still be possible to make other configuration changes by modifying the kwd files inside the editor folder.

thanks for the link

Tesonu is napping!

It works for the player. Heroes will come through the normal portal. However, they have room requirements turned on. And in order for the creature to come you have to fulfill them. The mercenary portal can be emulated by painting the texture of the evil portal with the texture of the mercenary portal through triggers.

It works for the player. Heroes will come through the normal portal. However, they have room requirements turned on. And in order for the creature to come you have to fulfill them. The mercenary portal can be emulated by painting the texture of the evil portal with the texture of the mercenary portal through triggers.
    oh so you're not using the actual mercenary portal function but a normal portal, yeah that works too. they don't come through with their mercenary skin do they?

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    "Whynots Reborn"

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jnnxf...eborn.zip/file

This is a new map, I've playtested it a couple of times..
    Thanks for that. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
    Thanks for that. I love it!
    Thank You Rox

All Along The Dungeon Hallway
    I Run Back And Forth
    And Never Will I Stay

All 'n All From South To North
    What Else Can I Say
    The Road Was Short But Worth

/Whynot
    Last edited by Whynotsian; February 21st, 2024 at 15:53.