Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    You don’t need to do that, I’m just impressed how fast you win and solve these maps,
    so go forth, there’s still many “worlds” waiting for you
    Let me know what you think
    Whynots Crazy Diamond - No Prison, Torture Chamber, Combat Pit or Graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post

Ahhh lets see, three temples gives six Dark Angels and a lot of sacrifices,
    than you build mega lairs and chicken hatcheries all over the map

Ahhh lets see, three temples gives six Dark Angels and a lot of sacrifices,
    than you build mega lairs and chicken hatcheries all over the map
    6 Dark Angels yes, but no sacrifices. Creature count remains limited by the portals + the starting set (most of which died, I think only the Warlock, Troll and 1 salamander survive) and the vampire.

6 Dark Angels yes, but no sacrifices. Creature count remains limited by the portals + the starting set (most of which died, I think only the Warlock, Troll and 1 salamander survive) and the vampire.
    I never use sacrifices, only if I made a map that says so.
    But I think that sacrifices don't count against the total number that your portals will attract.
    Never tested this so I’m not sure.

But I think that sacrifices don't count against the total number that your portals will attract.
    I don't tend to becasue I forget what the combinations are. Sacrifices definitely don't count for the portal limits though.

I don't tend to becasue I forget what the combinations are.
    True, not me to

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I can confirm they don't count, anything not obtained from the portal will not count.

On maps where this might be an issue, I usually have a script to close and reopen portals.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Whynots Dwarves - This map required careful management of Dwarves and Heal spell. If you rush on too fast or don't pay enough attention you may find yourself without the ability to tunnel further. The map was nicely balanced I thought, with each new room having a suitable defense and the occasional surprise, right up until the end room. After the Hero Parties rush your Temple I thought the LOTL was kind of abandoned by his comrades so he was picked off fairly easily. Honestly I had more trouble with the invading Dwarves then I did with the LOTL.

Also, I ran into a pathing issue that I've not seen before. This is the South West corner of the map, I've edited it to show where I built my tunnel and that I turned the path into a treasury. Well on the corner tile I had several creatures get stuck against the Rock tile diagonal to the corner treasury tile. Not sure why but I had it with Warlocks and Fireflys multiple times throughout my playthrough. I doubt it's a problem with the map, but thought I'd mention it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuck.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	2303

20/88 - A fun change of pace and plenty of secrets to find.

Whynots Dwarves - This map required careful management of Dwarves and Heal spell. If you rush on too fast or don't pay enough attention you may find yourself without the ability to tunnel further. The map was nicely balanced I thought, with each new room having a suitable defense and the occasional surprise, right up until the end room. After the Hero Parties rush your Temple I thought the LOTL was kind of abandoned by his comrades so he was picked off fairly easily. Honestly I had more trouble with the invading Dwarves then I did with the LOTL.

Also, I ran into a pathing issue that I've not seen before. This is the South West corner of the map, I've edited it to show where I built my tunnel and that I turned the path into a treasury. Well on the corner tile I had several creatures get stuck against the Rock tile diagonal to the corner treasury tile. Not sure why but I had it with Warlocks and Fireflys multiple times throughout my playthrough. I doubt it's a problem with the map, but thought I'd mention it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuck.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	2303

20/88 - A fun change of pace and plenty of secrets to find.
    First I was thinking to give the Dwarves same ability to heal when on own ground as the Imps.
    Instead I made a “Health room” down in the corner, near where your Warlocks and Firefly’s got stucked,
    (I haven’t got a clue why that happened). About the health room a tip, lock the door put the wounded Dwarves there to heal,
    you can even let a few stay there, in case you may run out of some.

Thanks, a little diversity of maps

First I was thinking to give the Dwarves same ability to heal when on own ground as the Imps.
    Instead I made a “Health room” down in the corner, near where your Warlocks and Firefly’s got stucked,
    (I haven’t got a clue why that happened). About the health room a tip, lock the door put the wounded Dwarves there to heal,
    you can even let a few stay there, in case you may run out of some.

Thanks, a little diversity of maps
    Ah yes that's a good idea. I found the room and dropped a couple of dwarves in but they ran straight out and I didn't think about locking the door.

I just remembered another quirk, not sure if it was intentional. When I got to the combat pit room my dwarves dissapeared from my creature menu. They were still my creatures, I could find them running around, but they weren't in the list?