Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Whynots Knights Of The Night - Quite the step up in terms of combat difficulty on this map. The first assault you make will either be you vs Blue or you vs Blue plus 2 Hero Gates that flank you if you didn't have the foresight to mine the edges and take them out first. Blue has access to multiple portals and so will outnumber you with ~Lvl5 creatures.

After that you have 3 LOTLs to take care of - I think they may have been Princes, but I didn't may much attention. They aren't the issue, the issue is what happens after you kill each one. A good sized map with a comfortable difficulty level.

38/88

Whynots LandOfConfusion - This level is great, I'm not sure if I rushed the first part but within about 2 minutes I had picked a fight with another keeper and in under 10 minutes all 4 rival keepers were dead. This led to an unusual situation where I had over half the map, 5 separate dungeons, probably 5 portals and was insanely underlevelled for the Hero fortress assault. To make matters worse the LOTL guards the only tool that will lead to his demise so I spent the next 30 minutes fending off invasion parties, converting them and using my imps to slowly take over his fortress until I could knock out the Hero Gates. Once that was done it was easy to claim around the LOTL to find what I needed.

39/88

Whynots LifeOnMars - Another unique map, this time the portals are out of reach until you conquer the wastelands. The initial gold shortage was nicely managed in the map to push you into that wasteland before you can do anything productive to your dungeon. And given the lack of a second creature to begin with, you will have no prior training opportunities.

I'm not sure if it's by design, but on the northern wastelands the Hero Gates don't spawn any additional creatures. The southern ones do.

40/88

Whynots Lizzard - This map had an interesting finish.

After fending off the first couple of waves I was weilding quite a force of Giants and Vampires. This combination allowed me to steam roller the rest of the map up until the SoTL lair. I thought, with Giants, I could just wander over and Smash, but that didn't work, so I picked them up, used a bridge to gain a foothold and dropped everything over there. Interestingly that didn't work either, they all died. Like everything. So rather than build up again and attack more methodically I used imps to draw the Salamanders onto my ground then used turncoat to make them kill eachother. I ended up winning the map with Imps and spells, not creatures

41/88

Whynots LordOfTheFlies - I enjoyed this map, despite having trash creatures and constant incursions of overly aggressives Fireflys I eventually went south and worked through all of the passageways which got me the spells I was lacking.

Taking out the Hero Gates was annoying because they didn't play by the rules, claiming all around them did not destroy them until the Lvl9 Lesser LOTL was dealt with. Given that the only creatures at my disposal were cowards, this made it rather irritating. I had to use my imps once again to gain a sizeable foothold, then use lightning to keep the bastard down whilst my archers shot from afar and my Salamanders went in for a bite.

Given the difficulty of these 2 Hero Gates it was somewhat underwhelming to then have a lone Lvl8 FoTL walk into my dungeon and get killed the moment he found a creature.

Good fun though

42/88

Whynots LordOfTheGems - Had a good time on this map. It's reasonably sized but the restrictions make each section particularly challenging and needing of your attention. Unfortunately I ran into a problem with the 2 Hornys in this level... there seem to be triggers on them that require me to kill them, but I have no Horny of my own and no way of inflicting damage on them. I wasn't able to find an answer by looking at the editor and there is no readme for this level.

Other than that snafu, this is a brilliant map

43/88

Hi, Glad to see that you still struggle your way thru these worlds, good

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
    LordOfTheGems is super, but how can I defeat the Level-10-Horny at the end?
    Thanks..

It’s the King Thing, try to claim the tiles (and the Temple) around and inside the Saruman’s (Warlock) tower, without killing Saruman.
    The Balrog (Horny) get health from walking his own land. Then kill him with your “King” by giving as much health as you can.

(The Balrog didn’t die the first time, he
    comes back just to show you how much he hates you for not
    letting him play with you, only getting that damn Gem every match, year in and year out.)

And thanks for your effort going thru these maps and for all the (good comments.
    /Whynot

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    Hi, Glad to see that you still struggle your way thru these worlds, good

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
    LordOfTheGems is super, but how can I defeat the Level-10-Horny at the end?
    Thanks..

It’s the King Thing, try to claim the tiles (and the Temple) around and inside the Saruman’s (Warlock) tower, without killing Saruman.
    The Balrog (Horny) get health from walking his own land. Then kill him with your “King” by giving as much health as you can.

(The Balrog didn’t die the first time, he
    comes back just to show you how much he hates you for not
    letting him play with you, only getting that damn Gem every match, year in and year out.)

And thanks for your effort going thru these maps and for all the (good comments.
    /Whynot
    Ok, so I've got the temple and the surrounding land. I've left the walls in place. The warlock is alive and inside the temple.
    If I leave the warlock alive then I just constantly fight Goblins. If I kill the warlock then Horny (Hero Party 17) is created and I can't kill him. Spent several minutes healing my LOTL but Horny appeared to take no damage

I'm missing something?

You must first claim the tiles around the Warlocks fort and claim the temple and then kill the Warlock.

When you killed the Warlock no more goblins will come.
    Then you kill Horny with your LotL and by giving your LotL as much health as you can.
    You can use your other creatures as well, but they will easily get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whynotsian View Post
    You must first claim the tiles around the Warlocks fort and claim the temple and then kill the Warlock.

When you killed the Warlock no more goblins will come.
    Then you kill Horny with your LotL and by giving your LotL as much health as you can.
    You can use your other creatures as well, but they will easily get killed.
    Does this need a specific DK2 version or balancing patch? Even with 8 Archers, a wizard, dwarf, Knight and LOTL, on Temple squares that belong to me, and even out on my claimed tiles, I can't inflict a single petal of damage no matter how long I heal and fight