Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Default Re: 88 Singelplayer maps for DK2

Whynots Black Magic - nice and calm this one. Gold shortage once or twice but other than that it's like a step through difficulty as you head north. Right up until you wake those bloody vampires

Good fun

7/88

Whynots Bitches(fairyland) - another nice dungeon building map.
    6/88 Another fun map, thanks

Whynots Black Magic - nice and calm this one.
    Good fun
    7/88

Some nice feedback, thank you

These maps were made early and maybe a little easy, soon there will be harder maps of the Bs like Boss, Brushfield Spots and Bullfrog.
    (At this pace, I think you will be finished before Christmas or at least at the beginning of spring

Whynots Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - definitely my favourite map so far. The barren portal was a nice touch, had me being very cautious about protecting my Goblins. It was a welcomed change of pace from my normal build order of Library>Combat Pit>Lair>Call to Arms>Train>Smash.

Having the high level Good creatures die instantly right about the same time I found the Prison and Torture Chamber was again another tool snatched away from me. And having to work around the lack of spells early on also made me change the way I played.

Good fun, might give this one a replay now I know the lay of the land.

8/88

Whynots Braveheart - An interesting map, lots of land to cover and oodles of gold. The invading parties shouldn't cause too many problems unless you prematurely knock down the doors... Then you end up in an inevitable march north whilst your vampires take damage from being knocked off of the bridges

Another win to take us over 10% complete

9/88

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsda View Post
    Whynots Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - definitely my favourite map so far. The barren portal was a nice touch, had me being very cautious about protecting my Goblins. It was a welcomed change of pace from my normal build order of Library>Combat Pit>Lair>Call to Arms>Train>Smash.

Having the high level Good creatures die instantly right about the same time I found the Prison and Torture Chamber was again another tool snatched away from me. And having to work around the lack of spells early on also made me change the way I played.

Good fun, might give this one a replay now I know the lay of the land.

8/88
    Giving even the weaker creatures a chance to prove themselves isn't a bad thing

Whynots Braveheart - An interesting map, lots of land to cover and oodles of gold. The invading parties shouldn't cause too many problems unless you prematurely knock down the doors... Then you end up in an inevitable march north whilst your vampires take damage from being knocked off of the bridges

Another win to take us over 10% complete

9/88
    Giving even the Vampires a chance to prove themselves isn't that a bad thing

(I don’t want to force you to play in a certain way, but I’m glad that you like it

Whynots BrothersInArms - As soon as I saw the timer I thought this would take me several attempts, but the timer was actually pretty accurate. I was moving fast but finished with 5 minutes to spare. Given the last narrow walkway was a valley of death, I was expecting the same here, but no, the challenge is the timer. It's also nice to get some East/West maps.

Good fun that one, and not too long.

10/88
    Last edited by Bodsda; September 23rd, 2022 at 16:57.

Whynots Brushfield Spots - This was quite a long map, but good fun. Heading North without a substantial force is ill advised, but South is a leisurely stroll through the valley for the most part. Having to face off against both at the same time was a bit of a challenge, but fortunately one was significantly weaker than the other.

All in all, good fun map.

11/88

Whynots Bullfrog (The Elite) - Thought I'd abuse a few mechanics for a laugh... Am I doing the level right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50knights.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	2301

Edit: I felt bad about considering the map beaten in that manner, so I did it again. Opting for the Warlock I was able to quickly research all of my spells and upgrade them. Mined enough gold to get a 3x3 temple and kept 5 warlocks and 5 Maidens for prayers. Management of this was enough to use create gold to allow me the time to train my force. This time instead of breaching from the bottom I went left and was able to get high enough to be in line with the dungeon heart, only 1 room to cross. The Blue keeper fell swiftly and then the defense began. I like that the timer and waves were essentially grinding you down ready for the final party to finish you off, pity for him he was not prepard for my Horned Reaper.
    I don't tend to watch the summoning and gem collection but I'm glad I did on this one 'twas a nice Fly through

The level description suggests that the creature I pick dictates what creatures I will get. I was expecting a limited pool but I think the only creature I didn't see was a Dark Angel, and I put that down to me not bothering to 5x5 my temple.

Edit 2: I've just seen the description again and it suggests the creature selection dictates difficulty, so I'm off to try with the Dark Angel

Edit 3: Yep, the Dark Angel selection is significantly more difficult. Careful planning when assaulting Blue can result in a much largely creature count for the 20 minute onslaught, which is definitely needed. Not sure if I would have survived with just 15. Nevertheless, the portal gem was collected once more.

12/88
    Last edited by Bodsda; September 27th, 2022 at 12:03.

Whynots Bullfrog (The Elite) - Thought I'd abuse a few mechanics for a laugh... Am I doing the level right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50knights.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	2301

Edit: I felt bad about considering the map beaten in that manner, so I did it again. Opting for the Warlock I was able to quickly research all of my spells and upgrade them. Mined enough gold to get a 3x3 temple and kept 5 warlocks and 5 Maidens for prayers. Management of this was enough to use create gold to allow me the time to train my force. This time instead of breaching from the bottom I went left and was able to get high enough to be in line with the dungeon heart, only 1 room to cross. The Blue keeper fell swiftly and then the defense began. I like that the timer and waves were essentially grinding you down ready for the final party to finish you off, pity for him he was not prepard for my Horned Reaper.
    I don't tend to watch the summoning and gem collection but I'm glad I did on this one 'twas a nice Fly through

The level description suggests that the creature I pick dictates what creatures I will get. I was expecting a limited pool but I think the only creature I didn't see was a Dark Angel, and I put that down to me not bothering to 5x5 my temple.

Edit 2: I've just seen the description again and it suggests the creature selection dictates difficulty, so I'm off to try with the Dark Angel

Edit 3: Yep, the Dark Angel selection is significantly more difficult. Careful planning when assaulting Blue can result in a much largely creature count for the 20 minute onslaught, which is definitely needed. Not sure if I would have survived with just 15. Nevertheless, the portal gem was collected once more.

50 Knights.. and you ask if you are doing it right

The way you played it here was more like I play it. I try not to loose a single one of my creatures (besides imps), this takes time but everyone is happy at the end, and the frog got his fly

Nice that you take your time reading the ReadMe files, and not just rush ahead.

Read the above

I understand that you are really good at this game, so I think you shouldn't start the easy way off practitising the map so to win the more difficult way, easier