Thread: This map crashes within 15 minutes in Deeper Dungeons

Post This map crashes within 15 minutes in Deeper Dungeons

map00005_crashmap.zip

Please don't waste much time on debugging. I already threw this map away, and started a new one.
    I wasted time in efforts to debugging yesterday, threw away all flying creatures like elves and witches from the map, took away lots of lava, destroyed a castle I would build in the field in rock place, changed the settings in Adikted, nothing helped.
    And I was lucky, because the script was placed there by accident from the map00005 from the original campaign, I hadn't started yet the script I had in mind. And I still have the images I used to create the slabs in Unearth v0.11, so nothing is lost. Except for my time.

The reason I posted it here, is for any one who wants an example of a map that crashes, to have a crashing map.
    I already made five maps this year that worked fine, never crashed.
    It's just one of the things in Dungeon Keeper map making, that sometimes maps become unstable, and you have to throw them away.

In case some one can debug it anyways, the script I had in mind was random ROOMS, SPELLS, TRAPS&DOORS script, so the map contains the all spells and rooms you didn't get, to conquer in the game.
    The blue Keeper should also have random ROOMS, SPELLS, TRAPS&DOORS, in it's own script, not ALL_PLAYERS, so both would have different rooms, spells and workshops.
    That's why all these rooms, trap boxes and spells are in the map.

The new map I make will have a different script, because I believe now, that the layout of the slabs have a large risk of becoming unstable, so I will try to make a very simple script, with a simple game play.
    May even have to take out any AI Keeper, because maps are much easier to get stable without an AI Keeper.

Default Re: This map crashes within 15 minutes in Deeper Dungeons

Thanks for the map. Fortunately, the latest KeeperFX alpha released 2 days ago finally fixes even the final pathfinding instabilities, and I can run your map without any problems there.

Post Re: This map crashes within 15 minutes in Deeper Dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Thanks for the map. Fortunately, the latest KeeperFX alpha released 2 days ago finally fixes even the final pathfinding instabilities, and I can run your map without any problems there.
    Yes, it's a very beautiful map.
    I had a lot of work on it. First started to draw it pixel by pixel, a daunting task, but than Unearth v0.11 came out, and I could use my images to make that map lay out quickly.
    I still have the map, where I was drawing it slab by slab in Adikted to halfway down... map00005_first_try.zip lol

Making it again in Unearth doesn't work very well. Catching the essence of the drawing doesn't work any more.
    As I had earlier with the drawings, I wasn't able to find the correct filter and enhancements measures again.
    So I am not going to remake it. I already have another idea for map00005 now, that I want to work on.

Dene Carter seemed to get bad feelings from this map, while Dene is the only one from Bullfrog that helps us out.
    I checked his pictures on the web, and he looks more like a warlock, or at least his picture gives a more in game feeling, so I rather want to work on a portrait of him now, for my campaign.

TheTreeBeard also helps me out now, he will stream the first 4 maps this evening at 19.00 on Twitch, for testing purposes.

Great that it works in the latest KeeperFX!
    Awe some.
    Well, the map has a script, although not the real script, it can be played.
    Any one that wants to finish this map with a script, maybe some editing, has my permission to do so.
    Please give me credits also, if you publish it with the adaptions you choose under your name.

The map is designed now for the random ROOMS, SPELLS, TRAPS&DOORS script I explained earlier, but change everything as you see fit.
    The rooms I took away in the rocks north east, visible in the .bmp in the download, where full treasure rooms for both Keepers, so I could set start money at (random,0,9999) whatever. The gold in the treasure rooms would than give a minimal amount of gold to start with.

In other words, it was designed to be a random map from script, that would be different every time you play it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	molyneux13.gif 
Views:	16 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	2186

A general idea was, that Peter Molyneux made the Keeper AI in two weeks, so he has a Blue AI keeper in his head.
    Not sure about the spell filled rooms on top of his eyes, it just was the only large enough terrain, not gold, where I could place them.
    But if you have a better idea, feel free to do such.

Default Re: This map crashes within 15 minutes in Deeper Dungeons

The name of the map is: Molyneux