Thread: Second Heart

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Second Heart

Very rare. An unclaimed dormant dungeon heart which can be claimed to give yourself two dungeon hearts, both of which must be vanquished to ensure your defeat.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Second Heart

I'm not terribly sure about this, I don't think it fits in having a second Heart as it is another thing to stress over protecting, and if you're at the point where you cannot protect it then you are pretty much screwed anyways.

That means you pretty much take longer to admit defeat, as some people don't admit it until they are dead (I am sometimes) so in rare cases would it be useful. And in the rare times you find it, I doubt it would be of useage.

All you will be doing is watching, getting a few level 1 creatures, and dropping them to attack. Basically, simply slowing the process of defeat, not actually avoiding it.

Also, it may collide with some mechanics of the game. The Dungeon Heart is sorta a final thing, might be more annoying to find out there's a second one to destroy (Almost like a lame idea in a movie in case it came off too short inicially)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

No, just no. The dungeon keeper is a simple game, you have a dungeon heart, you protect it, you destroy the enemy dungeon heart, you win or lose. There is no need to make it more complex than that.

It totally unfits the plot. The heart is YOU. 2 hearts = 2 you. A really bad idea. You immediately lose the uniqueness and preciousness of the DH. Bah, who cares, I have another 5...
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    It totally unfits the plot. The heart is YOU. 2 hearts = 2 you. A really bad idea. You immediately lose the uniqueness and preciousness of the DH. Bah, who cares, I have another 5...
    Well I don't expect there to be more than 1 Neutral Heart at any time (Unless you do so in the editor) but that actually sounds very comical to have a bunch of spares lying around.

The only nonbuildable room I think we should have is the Entrance Portal. In DK2 it has a bit of a higher purpose, but in DK1 it didn't need an increase of creatures, all it did was increase the rate in which they join which is perfect when fighting deadly battles against another Keeper.

---

Sudden off-topic thought... when Armagedon is active, then when all the creatures of a certain player dies he loses... so what if when he had one creature left he cast Hold Audiance? That would really piss off the player, lolz! Just like the idea to find out you have to destroy another bloody heart.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Yes it does unfit the plot... but what if the second heart is a different nature of beast entirely? Something which can help tether you to a realm without your heart?

DH is an instance that makes you, as a keeper, present. there is no "wild" hearts. There are rival keepers.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    Yes it does unfit the plot... but what if the second heart is a different nature of beast entirely? Something which can help tether you to a realm without your heart?
    By that I meant that it doesn't have to be a heart... merely allow you to survive without it while it is in your possession

If the player loses his dungeon heart its because his strategy wasn't the best option and that's it. Besides if there is a spare dungeon heart in one realm the keeper can easily spam traps around that dungeon heart making it almost imposible to get throught. This is since with his second dungeon heart, he does not need to build more rooms, why do that when you have your primary dungeon heart with rooms and all nice.

Also the spare dungeon heart being the fact that it wont have any rooms at all, it can be easily protected with a secret door and the enemy would have no idea what he did wrong or what else is to do.

In conclusion, in-game is a terribly wrong idea, it makes the game unnecesarily far more complex than what it should be.