Thread: KeeperFX keeps hanging and I don't know why... HALP! ( TT_TT )

Unhappy KeeperFX keeps hanging and I don't know why... HALP! ( TT_TT )

I'm not new to this game. I played it back when it originally released and have kept going back to it for as long as I could before finding KeeperFX several years ago.

I recently returned to KeeperFX again, as it had already been installed and played on my machine from a while ago, but for reasons beyond my imagining, it has done nothing but hang intermittently this time around.

There wasn't anything in the log file that jumped out at me as far as a cause goes, but I'm not adept at figuring out log files anyway. I'm not a developer and wouldn't know what to look for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2022-06-06_164321276.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	2240

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2022-06-06_164415371.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	2241

My latest log is attached.

I have no clue what's causing this hang.

Windows is up-to-date, graphics drivers are up-to-date... ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: KeeperFX keeps hanging and I don't know why... HALP! ( TT_TT )

I checked your log and settings and I see nothing wrong, and no indication of issues at all. Is keeperfx the only application giving you trouble?

In any case, you could try to install the latest alpha instead, it works on a more modern backbone so perhaps that works smoothly for you: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/w...-Alpha-version

Yeah, I think I might try that one...

It's the only thing i play that has any kind of issue right now. It's bugging me because, as you said, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong in the log. There's no specific trigger, sometimes it'll hang after 10 minutes, other times (like the last one), it won't hang for over an hour.

And I was playing it a while back with no hanging at all. The only bug I did, and still do, encounter was that sometimes on progressing to the next level, the mouse would not zoom and the cursor wouldn't interact with anything (not creatures, terrain or the dungeon UI) and to 'fix' that I would just have to save the game using the keyboard to bring up the menus, exit and relaunch.

This is a weird one...

I'll give the Alpha a go!

Ok, the Alpha is great!

Been playing for about 5 hours straight and no hangs!

I'm guessing a windows update or GPU update implemented something that just doesn't play nice with the old versions? No clue what, though...