Thread: Shackled Hand

Default Shackled Hand

Shackled Hand.
    Wizards found an ancient shrine they can use to bind your hand. When they do you need to trust your creatures will stop the invading heroes using nothing but their own wits.

Download it here.
    I made the map quite easy, and even though you are likely to lose creatures in battle, that is no reason to reload. Experienced players are encouraged to play this map 'ironman', so without saving and loading in between.

There will be sections of the map where you will be forced to defend your dungeon without the ability to pick up units. The powerful rooms have been balanced to stop you from getting a huge army of undead or converted heroes.

Feedback welcome of course, I'm sure I made some mistakes. And I'd like to know if you enjoyed it and why (not).

Requires KeeperFX 0.4.9 or newer to play.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00459_shackled_hand.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	528.7 KB 
ID:	2243  

Default Re: Shackled Hand

I managed to win this on my second try. I built my dungeon in a way so there is a single entrance leading to the heart and before anyone gets there they need to walk through a training room and the lair I made for resting tentacles. Although I had taken just one gem I had an abundance of gold and that became useful when I finally found the healing spell.

What confused me a lot was the water. Bridges kept appearing but I was too slow to notice when and where. To this moment I still don't know whether they were time-based or something else was triggering them. There were lots of messages but none of them was really helpful. I thought I got an undead because I read something about zombie gandalf; or I kept looking for a blue wizard with sight spell but there was no player blue.
    Did not really use guard posts because with that much gold and army that weak everyone was in the training room. If I had to play this again I would also skip the entire workshop and put my trolls into training room - efficient fairy killers.
    What surprised me was that I could move increase special from water in possession, but not the mysterious box from neutral ground (I destroyed the barracks using cta). Got boulder trap from green's dungeon but I only got to kill a couple of fairies with it.
    I won with 2 bile demons, 3 mistresses, 1 vampire, 3 tentacles and 2 spiders. All levels 6-7. Managed to claim barracks only after I won the level already so no orcs. Got 1 skeleton but it got killed by my bile demons. Didnt convert shit. Everytime I destroyed a barracks tile I got a room lost message.

The warning message on destroying hero rooms with call to arms, and you being able to pick up the water special in possession are not problems with the map, but bugs in the game. So thanks a lot for reporting.

The land-bridges are map progress, and each step further is determined by how many wizards you kill. The messages where kind of jokey with some references, and I suppose you not a native English speaker made them too hard to understand. Sorry for that.

Also why did you pick the ugliest tileset available? Now that we have some shiny new tilesets I was hoping to play a level with one of them. Despite all of this, a very good level.

Ghost

What is the purpose of the green Keeper? He died pretty quick to the hero parties that were digging around.

Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    Also why did you pick the ugliest tileset available? Now that we have some shiny new tilesets I was hoping to play a level with one of them. Despite all of this, a very good level.
    I thought this one suited it. But I did use the newest tileset on it too, to great effect if I say so myself. And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    What is the purpose of the green Keeper? He died pretty quick to the hero parties that were digging around.
    Funny, I never saw any white<->green interaction. And claiming the green workshop gives you some traps to build, he's very weak and certainly not the main course.

Ghost

I walled that side of the map off, so the tunneler that spawns on that side just went round and through his dungeon.