Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 78

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.0

  
  1. #61
    Spider
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3009

    Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    -Did something change with Drain and Lightning? I don't believe they do damage to doors anymore, if they do it's a lot less. You can give a vampire a Day job to destroy a door.
    Yes; I fixed projectiles getting stuck in walls, and applied the same fix to Lightning and Drain, without realising that their movement is the opposite of the projectiles' and that being created inside the door is how it "hits" it. Therefore, if Lightning or Drain target a solid area, such as a door, it'll be moved to the firing creature's position.
    Last edited by AdamP; October 5th, 2022 at 17:43.

  2. #62

    Default KeeperFX - Alpha 3031

    New update: Alpha 3031.

    Small update, because I expect the next update has risky changes. The problems reported above are not handled yet.

    What's new:

    • Lightning and Drain now work properly again shooting doors/walls
    • Fixed multiplayer hang, crash and volume box not showing
    • Enemy path no longer blocks digging
      - This means if you mark inside an enemy dungeons, imps will try to dig out there too
    • Transfer & Resurrect Creature menus display creature icons
    • Always snap north on straight view
    • Fixed tutorial flash button command for delta time
    • Fixed minimap not rotating to perfectly straight angle in straight view
    • Cursor light extinguished with cursor on menu in straight view
    • Hide volume box when cursor is over GUI
    • Cleaned up small visual mistake on 'legal' splash screen

  3. #63

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.0

    New update: Alpha 3042.

    What's new:

    • Multiplayer now declares victory as soon as all other players lost
    • Fixed flame breath at close range
    • Fixed heal_requirement -> imps should now toke more
    • Flying units step over barriers too, hopefully stopping flying units getting stuck so much
    • New script commands:
      - MOVE_CREATURE([player],[creature],[criterion],[count],[location],[effect]*)
      - COUNT_CREATURES_AT_ACTION_POINT([action_point],[player],[creature],[target_flag_player],[target_flag])
    • Fixes to low-res mode, specifically to japanese/chinese
    • Removed the knight drag cinematic on multiplayer victory
    • Stopped interpolating on huge distances, assuming this would be a bug anyway
    • When a party leader attacks a door, all followers now help out
    • Made a fix to sliding up/down behavior, stopping stuff from sliding through the floor

  4. #64

    Default KeeperFX - Alpha 3046

    New update: Alpha 3046.

    Not much going on on the development front, but since these fixes are pretty important I'll share an alpha anyway.

    What's new:

    • Computer Players cast spells again in battle
      - This has been broken since before the 0.4.9 release
    • Fixed a one-click build issue that created rooms where it should not
    • Creature names in game now come from the configs, instead of being hardcoded
    • Fixed map name scaling in 320x200 for japanese/chinese

  5. #65

    Default KeeperFX - Alpha 3052

    New update: Alpha 3052.

    This version breaks save compatibility.

    What's new:

    • Fixed issue with units not finding treasure rooms when it remembers a locked door somewhere
    • Prepared creature-chicken spell for use
    • Added new Palette-swapped creatures for use by mapmakers:
      - Druid: Based on Warlock, worth training to high levels, likes to guard, mostly 'elemental spells'
      - Time Mage: Based on Wizard, uses arcane magic including speed
    • Added ENET/UDP as possible networking protocol. Untested, configure launcher and router to use port 5556 for this.

  6. #66
    Mapmaker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3052

    These new creatures. Do we have to unzip the files into the fxdata folder?
    or is it within a folder we need to unzip it, or can we just leave them be?
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    New update: Alpha 3052.

    This version breaks save compatibility.

    What's new:

    • Fixed issue with units not finding treasure rooms when it remembers a locked door somewhere
    • Prepared creature-chicken spell for use
    • Added new Palette-swapped creatures for use by mapmakers:
      - Druid: Based on Warlock, worth training to high levels, likes to guard, mostly 'elemental spells'
      - Time Mage: Based on Wizard, uses arcane magic including speed
    • Added ENET/UDP as possible networking protocol. Untested, configure launcher and router to use port 5556 for this.

  7. #67

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3052

    Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    These new creatures. Do we have to unzip the files into the fxdata folder?
    or is it within a folder we need to unzip it, or can we just leave them be?
    No need to do anything with it. Mapmakers can use them with the SWAP_CREATURE command. So say add 'SWAP_CREATURE(TIME_MAGE,AVATAR)' to a script and place avatars on the map to get Time Mages instead.

  8. #68
    Mapmaker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3052

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    No need to do anything with it. Mapmakers can use them with the SWAP_CREATURE command. So say add 'SWAP_CREATURE(TIME_MAGE,AVATAR)' to a script and place avatars on the map to get Time Mages instead.
    Oh then it didn't work for me. I assume this works for creatures added to the map too? Throughout the script?

  9. #69

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3052

    Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    Oh then it didn't work for me. I assume this works for creatures added to the map too? Throughout the script?
    Yes, either through the script or with the editor. Was there an error in your script for it? Did you also update creature.cfg to the latest version?
    You could send me what you did and I'll have a look why it did not work.

  10. #70
    Mapmaker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3052

    My apologies. I’d typed swar creature instead of swap.

Similar Threads

  1. KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.4.9
    By YourMaster in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: June 10th, 2022, 14:55
  2. Replies: 441
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2020, 01:37
  3. Nightly builds of KeeperFX
    By jomalin in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 8th, 2013, 14:39
  4. KeeperFX and GOG's DOSBox version
    By Shadowblade in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 26th, 2013, 17:34
  5. KeeperFX version 0.32
    By dragonfist in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 16th, 2009, 00:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •