Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.0

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 2900

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Getting closer now, there have been limits already lifted, but this one would probably be one of the last. Breaking the thing limit would not just require most functions from the original game to be rewritten, but also the map format to be changed.
    Great! You're the best

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 2900

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Breaking the thing limit would not just require most functions from the original game to be rewritten, but also the map format to be changed.
    map format is fine up to 65535 I believe, you might've gotten it confused with 'mapwho' which isn't related to one of the map files, but once dll is gone shouldn't be to hard,

so yeah just the last 20 or so functions that need a rewrite, and then the thing limit will likely fall soon after

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2986

New update: Alpha 2986.

Reducing zoom out a bit, to a value that is hopefully more immersive. Everybody can now configure the limit for themselves, but we're looking for feedback what the default should be.
    Also, personally I am very happy that we finally found the keeperfx specific bug that made it possible to look through corner walls.

Due to the new version settings, keeperfx.cfg will be overwritten. Save games break again too.

What's new:

• Fixed a 9 year old bug where you could explore through corners of walls.
    • Fixed wibble in possession, that broke last version
    • Added a setting to configure maximum zoom out
      - Set a more limiting default.
    • Prisoners teleported by Armageddon no longer walk right back to prison
    • Made sure that the heroes in the final campaign level prefer to attack red keeper
    • Fixed light glitching out around the edge of the map
    • Fixed several delta time interpolation issues:
      - When moving cursor outside of map position
      - Call to Arms on minimap when paused
      - Things drawn in straight view on camera flip
      - Onscreen message duration
      - Things getting created/dropped at water level
    • Added translations for perspective mode options button tooltip
    • Fixed one of the error messages filling up the log
    • Updated launcher to correctly say chinese in chinese.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 17th, 2022 at 02:16.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 3009

New update: Alpha 3009.

Big feature in the bridge-dragging, and lots of pretty big bug-fixes. Bug fixes of bugs we recently made ourselves though.

Save games break again.

What's new:

• Added click-and-drag bridge building
    • Fixed rebound projectiles going through the enemies face, it aims lower to hit the clipbox
    • Fixed room attack/defend hero objectives
    • Fixed effects not showing up close up in straight view
    • Armageddon spell teleports tortured units again
    • Portals stop working during Armageddon
    • Removed the imp-slap sound
    • Fixed dragons being able to spawn their shots inside a dungeon wall
    • Minimap dotted line starts closer to the center
    • Slowed camera panning while bridge building
    • Fixed large parts getting accidentally tagged when moving the cursor over the gui while tagging
    • Vampires no longer visibly move to bed during resurrection on delta-time
    • Made the letter j from the font look better

Spider

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 3009

is wibble supposed to be in the game menu now? I can't find it.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

same button you switch use to between straight and perspective view, it now just has 3 possible choices instead of 2

Ghost

Couple things I noticed:

-Did something change with Drain and Lightning? I don't believe they do damage to doors anymore, if they do it's a lot less. You can give a vampire a Day job to destroy a door.

-In 1st person mode the camera goes very high when in possession of a high level creature. A Samurai for instance looks almost over doors.

-Imps are dumb I know, but they seem a lot dumber now when it comes to doing things. If you dig out your dungeon and then look on the map how they fortify walls, it's dramatic. They will walk over the entire map to fortify a wall, but if another Imp already did that, they will walk all the way back to the other side do fortify something there. Same goes for Gems, when a spot frees up they will stop what they were doing and all go there, even if it means walking half the map..

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    Couple things I noticed:

1) Did something change with Drain and Lightning? I don't believe they do damage to doors anymore, if they do it's a lot less. You can give a vampire a Day job to destroy a door.

2) In 1st person mode the camera goes very high when in possession of a high level creature. A Samurai for instance looks almost over doors.

3) Imps are dumb I know, but they seem a lot dumber now when it comes to doing things. If you dig out your dungeon and then look on the map how they fortify walls, it's dramatic. They will walk over the entire map to fortify a wall, but if another Imp already did that, they will walk all the way back to the other side do fortify something there. Same goes for Gems, when a spot frees up they will stop what they were doing and all go there, even if it means walking half the map..
    1) I don't think so, but I'll check it out. Perhaps it goes through doors or something.

2) Creatures really are that tall. Before, you would look out of their belly-button, now you look out of their eyes. When you possess a lvl10 samurai, look for another lvl10 samurai and you should find you can stare into his eyes.

3) I'd have to check it out, if something is different here, it's not intentional.

Ghost

2) I'm not sure if it's possible already, but maybe something needs to be done about the scaling of creatures or the dungeon itself. It looks very weird that every high level creature is looking over doors when in 1st person.

3)It's like Imps will look for a different task when they find out the current task is already taken, but only when they reach that task on the map. Sounds logical but not practical, They somehow know that a gem is free when on the other side of the map, but they don't know it's taken already until they reach it.. Maybe it has something to do with priorities?

With fortifying, they al seem to go for the same wall and then conclude that it's being fortified already, then they al move to the next wall until they al find one to fortify. When doing long corridors or multiple rooms it's very noticeable how they swarm inefficiently over the map. I'm pretty sure this wasn't that bad in earlier versions.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 3021

New update: Alpha 3021.

Small update, because I expect the next update has risky changes. The problems reported above are not handled yet.

What's new:

• Fix to hero objectives related to room roles. The fixed bug might have hurt pathfinding too.
    • No longer needed to start fresh campaign to switch from cd to hd music.
    • Fixed issue with units returning back to doors to fight them again.
    • Fixed SET_DOOR_CONFIGURATION modifying the wrong doors.
    • Some minimap interpolation fixes related to delta time.
    • Hand rule script command check looks beyond first rule.
    • Added support for unbreakable spaces in text objectives. Only from .pot files, not for quick messages.
    • Slow effect around creature now properly moves up and down.
    • Added japanese translation for the word 'level'.