Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.0

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.0

Quote Originally Posted by zyzerg View Post
    sorry my bad english..The same hand light will disappear and reappear after rolling frequency. There is an old bug in the level with computer opponents. Too many units lead to the disappearance of spells and smoke effects. It seems that there was no such thing before. I'm not sure
    I'll have to look into the lights, not easy.

The thing limit is an issue since the original game, and is a limitation that will not disappear anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    As you can see when my mouse is above my wall there is no surrounding light. But over ground it works as normal.
    This is fixed now and will be released with the next alpha.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 8th, 2022 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I'll have to look into the lights, not easy.

The thing limit is an issue since the original game, and is a limitation that will not disappear anytime soon.

This is fixed now and will be released with the next alpha.
    Yes, I know that there is always the problem of the effect disappearing, but now as long as there is a computer opponent, the effect will disappear soon. For example, in the 15 level of the official campaign, there are two computer opponents, and the effect begins to disappear after more than ten minutes. It is strange that there is no such problem in the old version of FX

Yes, I know that there is always the problem of the effect disappearing, but now as long as there is a computer opponent, the effect will disappear soon. For example, in the 15 level of the official campaign, there are two computer opponents, and the effect begins to disappear after more than ten minutes. It is strange that there is no such problem in the old version of FX
    Ok, have not noticed new problems with the thing limit, will look into it if I can see this happening too. Thanks.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2973

New update: Alpha 2973.

What's new:

• New script command: SET_HAND_RULE
      - Allows mapmakers to very specifically configure which units could be picked up in which situations
    • Units with custom sprites now have shadows.
    • Wibble toggle moved from launcher/keeperfx.cfg to ingame options menu
      - The 'perspective' button now has 3 states
      - This alpha comes with an updated launcher
      - Tooltip on the settings button still needs to be translated.
    • Window is reset on changing resolutions, fixing cases where playing in windowed mode left you without a menu bar
    • Levels in mappacks can now be numbered '08' and '09' and they would still show up
      - Before 8 worked, and 3, and 03 and 7 and 07 just not 08 and 09.
    • Fixed bug where the cursor light would not appear
    • Fixed minimap icons lagging with delta time + frameskip
    • Added shot property 'HIDDEN_PROJECTILE'
      - Some projectiles where always hidden, but now it's configurable
      - Documented in magic.cfg

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 2900

Quote Originally Posted by shortmicky View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I mean
    I'm not seeing anything wrong, if you can still reproduce your issue in the latest version please provide some specific information on to do so.

I played level 15, kept inside my base and build up while I let green/blue build up too, and I never reached the thing limit. Could you perhaps make a save when you next encounter it, and send it to me along with your log file?
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 10th, 2022 at 17:00.

Mapmaker

I'm not seeing anything wrong, if you can still reproduce your issue in the latest version please provide some specific information on to do so.
    The issues has been fixed now. I think it was connected to the light not showing up around the mouse. I’ve tried multiple levels with the most up to date alpha and it’s sorted.

I played level 15, kept inside my base and build up while I let green/blue build up too, and I never reached the thing limit. Could you perhaps make a save when you next encounter it, and send it to me along with your log file?
    Thank you. This is the game of 2957,When you fight your computer opponent at level 15, the magic and smoke effects will disappear and reappear. There are only about 100 monsters on the map. It is easy not to display magic with obvious effects such as bounce
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zyzerg; September 11th, 2022 at 07:33.

Thank you. This is the game of 2957,When you fight your computer opponent at level 15, the magic and smoke effects will disappear and reappear. There are only about 100 monsters on the map. It is easy not to display magic with obvious effects such as bounce
    I checked the save, and it seems to be from a modified map (where you added extra gems) and you played for a long time where you have also gone way beyond your portal limit and build as big a dungeon as fits on the map. And yet, I could still start a battle with the green keeper and they would all fight and I did not notice any obvious problems. I could imagine that you would run into effects not showing in battle, and I get it it's a shame the thing limit is the thing, but this save does not indicate the problem is bigger than it was before to me.

I checked the save, and it seems to be from a modified map (where you added extra gems) and you played for a long time where you have also gone way beyond your portal limit and build as big a dungeon as fits on the map. And yet, I could still start a battle with the green keeper and they would all fight and I did not notice any obvious problems. I could imagine that you would run into effects not showing in battle, and I get it it's a shame the thing limit is the thing, but this save does not indicate the problem is bigger than it was before to me.
    This game is too old. It seems that it is still difficult to break the engine limit. Anyway, thank you again for your hard work

This game is too old. It seems that it is still difficult to break the engine limit. Anyway, thank you again for your hard work
    Getting closer now, there have been limits already lifted, but this one would probably be one of the last. Breaking the thing limit would not just require most functions from the original game to be rewritten, but also the map format to be changed.