Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.0

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2892

New update: Alpha 2892.

What's new:

• Custom sprites now work for creatures.
      - Unfortunately, they have no shadows yet.
    • Fixed the scaling/zoom on several objects, like flags, flowers and gold numbers.
    • Changed heroes looking for something to attack to realize when they are locked in.
      - This hopefully solves (some of the) slowdowns users have been experiencing.
    • Fixed a bug where it was possible to dig up rooms.
    • Fixed a bug where possessed imps would drop their gold on any random room.
    • Changed calculation for drawing line segments, making the boundbox visibility better.
    • Digging sound and visual effects in possession now the same as regular digging imps.
      - This fixes a 25 year old bug that made it sound like you were hitting pillars and walls that could not be dug.
      - There's rock chips visible when digging stuff.
      - Both the sound and visual effect are taken from magic.cfg from the dig shot.
    • Fixed creatures not realizing that their spells had been removed with SET_CREATURE_INSTANCE script command
    • Claiming tunnelers now use an animation that has more than one view angle.
    • Faster marking and unmarking possible.
      - The game only checks 20 times per second, but if you're too fast it fills in the holes.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2900

New update: Alpha 2900.

An emergency-fix, but with some goodies.

What's new:

• Fixed bug introduced in last alpha causing spells needing a target (lightning, flame, etc) not hitting anymore in possession.
    • Fixed a bug where Classic-bug tunnelers would not act right in specific situations
      - This fix makes Ancient Keeper level 10 possible again
    • Fixed the flickering in possession
    • The sounds objects make in possession now comes form objects.cfg instead of being hardcoded specifically for torches
    • New console command to display frametime, helps with finding possible slowdowns.
    • Fixed effects not being drawn outside of what previously would be the max zoom out range.
    • Game will now attempt to create the directories it is writing new files in. Would help out the people who misplace their save-directory.

Ghost

Default Re: KeeperFX - Alpha 2900

Two things that happen to me in Version 2900

-Creatures forget what they were doing after payday. They just stand still at the treasury. If I drop them in a room for a job everything is fine again until the next payday.
    -Tunnelers can't get diseased

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    Two things that happen to me in Version 2900

-Creatures forget what they were doing after payday. They just stand still at the treasury. If I drop them in a room for a job everything is fine again until the next payday.
    -Tunnelers can't get diseased
    Thanks for the report. I'm gone for a few days, and can't check myself but perhaps another dev will pick it up. Could you tell me a bit more about that first bug, on how to reproduce it? Do you have it on all maps, all the time, or do they not return to work randomly or in certain specific cases? Does it look like it could have anything to do with doors?

Ghost

Happens on all maps (for me at least)

It also occurs when you make creatures in the temple, they just stand still on the water until you assign them a job.

Skeletons and ghosts are affected the most, cause they don't eat and just keep standing still at the treasure room. (If a creature gets hungry they will move again by themselves)

Edit: Doors are not involved btw.

Mapmaker

I am also finding this with my creatures after they collect their pay, reach level 10 in training, finish a job and after a battle
    Last edited by shortmicky; August 8th, 2022 at 15:20.

Thanks, yes, I can reproduce it no problem, and it was easy to find the cause of the bug.

Ghost

Good to hear!

Question; Is it possible to change the Imp AI?
    When you have multiple routs to a place behind a by yourself locked door, to keep creatures from going there, Imps will try to reach it anyway to pick up gold or claim ground. Even if it means breaking through enemy doors and killing themselves or you in the process. The same happens when they try to drag stuff to the dungeon, they want to take the shortest route back, if that route has a locked enemy door in between they will attack that instead of picking the longer not obstructed way back.

It's possible, but that's a core element of the game. Units are like dumb but predictable robots, and if you don't manage them well they cause chaos. Without imps or hounds or flies being dumb, the game would probably become quite boring. Nothing would ever happen that's unexpected or unplanned.

Default KeeperFX - Alpha 2908

New update: Alpha 2908.

Another emergency fix.

What's new:

• Fixed bug introduced in last alpha causing creatures to act like statues.
    • Digging diagonally is possible in possession. (Hit a corner of a slab and it still counts as a dig, as you'd expect)
    • When creatures want to make a lair to heal up, it takes into account how big a lair they need
      - Fixes a bug where mentor says 'can't reach lair' when a unit like a dragon does not fit in a lair with a bit of space.
    • Fixed map from showing creature flowers and zooming from being applied there.