Thread: Introduction to my custom campagne

Imp

Default Introduction to my custom campaign

Hello everyone,

I´m new to the Forum, but not new to Dungeon Keeper. I played this game when it was first released, and for me, it is one of the best games ever made. In my opinion, Keeper 1 outclasses Keeper 2, and even new released games like "Dungeons" or "War for the Overworld".

So i have to say that the KeeperFX mod is really great! Thanks for that.

1 year ago, i started to create my own campaign. In my youth, i created keeper campaigns on paper, even writing the scripts ^^ but i never implemented them in the game. It was way to complex for me. Building levels with the editor was no problem, but the scripts in fact are not that easy, at least if you want to create complex maps with trigger effects or even balancing new creature attributes.

But i made only the first two maps, which are just meant to be "tutorial" maps, introducing the campaign story, which is already in my mind ^^

When i finished the second map, i encountered various scripting problems, which i could not solve, but i was eager to continue with my story, so i designed my third map, without finishing the second. For my third map, i had some very unique ideas, but again, i wasn´t able to write a fully working script. So i didnt continue to work on my campaign...

1 year passed, and some days ago i played the original keeper 1 campaign, as i do from time to time ^^

and then my unfinished work came back to my mind. so i replayed map 1, which was kind of finished, made some minor fixes, but still no final test, but its ok for now.
    then i played my second map, encountering the not solved problems from the past.
    Well, im eager to work on this campaign, i think, the story will be great xD
    Therefore i managed to solve the problems more or less, i have to replay the map and test it, but i think it should be ok right now.

Long term short, my question is, if there are people here, that are interested in new campaigns?

I havent played all keeper FX custom campaigns, but the ones i´ve played, i didnt enjoy too much...

So my goals for my campaign are the following:

- i want to create levels, with trigger effects, which are surprising and challenging

- i want to create unique levels, with new gameplay mechanics, for example: the more you progress in the current level, the more max creatures you will get, creating a dynamic progress

- i want story driven levels, in which you´ll get messages from time to time, so that even longer lasting maps will not become boring or monotone

- i want to implement story based speeches in the "worldmap" view (in keeper 1 they were pretty funny, but they didn´t tell some kind of story at all)

Problem is to do that for me alone is kinda exhausting, because for me its pretty hard, writing the scripts, because my ideas are kind of complex.
    Thats why i will see what ressonance i will get here. I know, if there would be some people who would play my campaign and give me feedback, that would be really great for my motivation!
    At the moment, my levels are designed only in german. I could translate them if necessary, but i guess i would have to change many "jokes" i implemented so far, because i don´t now if they could be easily translated.
    When its finished some day, i would have the time to translate it into good english, but that wouldn´t be that easy, because its not my mother language ^^

Some details about my person:

I´m 34 years old, living in Vienna!
    My motherlanguage is german, so i have to say sorry, if my english is not perfect
    Are there any people in this forum speaking german?

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Dark; July 13th, 2022 at 06:45.

Troll

Default Re: Introduction to my custom campagne

Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    My motherlanguage is german, so i have to say sorry, if my english is not perfect
    It's worse than that: you appear to have confused English with French when it came to the word 'campaign'....

Hi dark,

New maps and campaigns always see some players. I recommend for you to join the keeperklan discord, there's loads of activity there, and you could get quick help with your scripts too. There's several people there, including me, that have little trouble helping you with the scripts you want.

Mapmaker

Ich wäre interessiert

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
    It's worse than that: you appear to have confused English with French when it came to the word 'campaign'....
    thanks for the hint, i knew there was something wrong about that word, didnt felt right xD

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Hi dark,

New maps and campaigns always see some players. I recommend for you to join the keeperklan discord, there's loads of activity there, and you could get quick help with your scripts too. There's several people there, including me, that have little trouble helping you with the scripts you want.
    thank you very much, i will do that