Thread: Self-made Campaign - Blue Keeper Campaign

Default Self-made Campaign - Blue Keeper Campaign

Hello everyone! I want to share this self-made campaign by me!
    The main idea of this campaign is to make use of a new feature in latest keeperfx, that the player's color can be changed.
    The maps are based on original campaign levels, in here the player will reverse his role and plays as the Blue Keeper.
    Original campaign is generally considered to be too easy, but what surprises me is that in many early levels being blue keeper will actually be a lot more challenging, since they provide many advantages to red. The later levels are the opposite, blue gets more advantages, so they are rebalanced to make them still challenging. Also, many new things are added so the maps are not really the same as original campaign.
    It requires Keeperfx 0.49 version.
    Hope you enjoy the game, and welcome for any feedback!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-keeper-2---stratergy-guide.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	2269
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gatrithor; October 25th, 2022 at 11:39. Reason: Make the flags and their icons in blue color too, credits to Spatulade

Default Re: Self-made Campaign - Blue Keeper Campaign

There's not much activity here on the forum anymore, but I shared a link to your map on the Keeperklan Discord, and some people have been playing and enjoying your campaign.

The first map is indeed seen as more difficult then the next few maps. People also discovered that if bridges are being sold on the second map, the water below turns to earth. Is that your intention or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    There's not much activity here on the forum anymore, but I shared a link to your map on the Keeperklan Discord, and some people have been playing and enjoying your campaign.

The first map is indeed seen as more difficult then the next few maps. People also discovered that if bridges are being sold on the second map, the water below turns to earth. Is that your intention or a bug?
    Hello, glad to learn that you are playing it, and glad to hear your feedback!
    The first level is intended to have some difficulty to show that this campaign is not the easy original game (but also not a very difficult one like the fanmade Ancient Keeper). The key is to claim the prison of the enemy keeper, if it's claimed early, the hero waves can be turned into skeletons, they are a big improvement to your army and the best way to deal with bile demons as they are also immune to gas.
    I never noticed the bridge issue you said, it's probably a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatrithor View Post
    Hello, glad to learn that you are playing it, and glad to hear your feedback!
    The first level is intended to have some difficulty to show that this campaign is not the easy original game (but also not a very difficult one like the fanmade Ancient Keeper). The key is to claim the prison of the enemy keeper, if it's claimed early, the hero waves can be turned into skeletons, they are a big improvement to your army and the best way to deal with bile demons as they are also immune to gas.
    I never noticed the bridge issue you said, it's probably a bug.
    I have not played through it myself, but you can join the discord server if you want and see what people are saying for yourself. Discord has a website too so you don't need to download software for it, and at the bottom of the frontpage of keeperklan you can also just read what people are saying there without an account.

And then I'll look into the bridge issue for that map, there's nothing obvious to me to explain what's causing it. Which editor did you use for your maps? Could you perhaps accidentally have bundled the map00006.wbl file from the original campaign instead of the one that got created when you edited the map?
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 8th, 2022 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I have not played through it myself, but you can join the discord server if you want and see what people are saying for yourself. Discord has a website too so you don't need to download software for it, and at the bottom of the frontpage of keeperklan you can also just read what people are saying there without an account.

And then I'll look into the bridge issue for that map, there's nothing obvious to me to explain what's causing it. Which editor did you use for your maps? Could you perhaps accidentally have bundled the map00006.wbl file from the original campaign instead of the one that got created when you edited the map?
    I never used discord before and will try to use it.
    And I used the Unearth map editor. I didn't manually make any changes of files, but I directly copied the original maps at the start, and then edited them, not starting with blank new maps.

Cool Re: Self-made Campaign - Blue Keeper Campaign

Sounds Unussual, I like it!
    I'll try it with great pleasure

Idk if this is necro or the forums are dead, but i wanted to thank you for this amazing campaing. I always wanted to play as Blue, maybe because i like the color more than red lol.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeSupreme View Post
    Idk if this is necro or the forums are dead, but i wanted to thank you for this amazing campaing. I always wanted to play as Blue, maybe because i like the color more than red lol.
    Forum is not very active. If you look for an active community, you can check the discord.