Thread: Transfer_creature script question

Default Transfer_creature script question

Hi!

I'm new to Keeperfx but I used to make DK levels back in the day. I recently started trying out Keeperfx and I'm thinking about making a campaign, even though I don't have a lot of time these days. I've only been glancing over the new/changed script commands in Keeperfx and haven't tried anything yet, but I was curious about the transfer_creature command. Are there any limitations to how many creatures that can be transfered to the next level? I'm thinking about stuff like, would it be possible to create a campaign where you continually amass a larger and larger army with every level for an eventual big battle at the last map?

Default Re: Transfer_creature script question

Up to 64 creatures, if you transfer #65, it removes the first one you transferred. And yes, you would be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Up to 64 creatures, if you transfer #65, it removes the first one you transferred. And yes, you would be able to do that.
    Thanks! I'm just thinking of some ideas to make a campaign with some continuity and 64 creatures would be enough. Still, it might make playtesting for balance problematic so I'm not sure yet, but it's good to know.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

at first it was 64, but we then changed it to 255 which is the same as the full creature limit, but when transfering that many creatures, do keep in mind that next map your the creature cap might already be full at start of map so hero parties spawned trough script etc, might not be able to spawn

https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/b...me_merge.h#L49
    Last edited by Necror; October 4th, 2022 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Necror View Post
    at first it was 64, but we then changed it to 255 which is the same as the full creature limit, but when transfering that many creatures, do keep in mind that next map your the creature cap might already be full at start of map so hero parties spawned trough script etc, might not be able to spawn

https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/b...me_merge.h#L49
    Ok, that's even better then. And of course, I need to have the creature limit in mind when making the maps but I don't think I will make it quite that grand anyway.