Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changing dungeon heart in a map

Default Re: Changing dungeon heart in a map

its called EFFECT_EXPLOSION_5
    so
    CREATE_EFFECT_AT_POS(EFFECT_EXPLOSION_5,43,190)

Quote Originally Posted by Blossy1000 View Post
    There is, a neutral bridge to the north which you're supposed to take over after you get your creatures to the new dungeon and grants the spell to create imps, in order to cut off the strong heroes until you can deal with them. I guessed it would have something to do with that, and after I posted I tested a bit more and realized everything worked as I wanted unless I claimed that bridge (even if I sold it ASAP).

Maybe there's a way to solve that, but either way I tried another approach. This is just a scripted event to make you run away and lose your starting dungeon, it's not a battle that's supposed to be winnable. Maybe the heroes simply blow up your dungeon instead? I figured I could use change_slab_type and change it all into rock or lava and that works pretty well I think. Especially lava, or else the creatures are simply pushed out of the rock if they're still there. However I wanted something more to give the effect they're blowing it up and tested the create effect at pos command.
    The documentation on this that I found is a bit vague though, and I couldn't find it used in any map I had so I'm just guessing what it does really lol. I tried to use some dirt rumble and explosion commands. Like, CREATE_EFFECT_AT_POS(EXPLOSION_5,43,190). Nothing happens, and the log says "Not enough parameters for "CREATE_EFFECT_AT_POS" GOT ONLY 0".
    If you zip up and send me the map how it did not work, I'll have a look and see if I can improve the default behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinthoras0815 View Post
    its called EFFECT_EXPLOSION_5
    so
    CREATE_EFFECT_AT_POS(EFFECT_EXPLOSION_5,43,190)
    Ah sorry, I worded it wrong in the post, but I had written it correctly in the script and still nothing seems to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    If you zip up and send me the map how it did not work, I'll have a look and see if I can improve the default behavior.
    Thanks, that's very nice of you! How do I send it to you, I tried a personal message here but I don't seem to be able to attach files?

Either on the discord, or by uploading it someplace and attaching a link. You can also post it here on keeperklan.

Hmm, I made an account on the discord a few days ago but for some reason it doesn't recognize my email or password now. I'll upload it here for you in the troubleshooting section then, since it's not a map that's supposed to be played by people yet.

I think I'll go with the other option though, the one where the original dungeon is blown up, but I disabled that for now in the script.
    Last edited by Blossy1000; October 9th, 2022 at 14:01.

Sure, but it seems like it just you needing a bit of help with the script. It's fine though. I think when I fixed up your script, everything works as you want it to. People from the future, here's the troubleshooting topic with that script he is talking about: https://keeperklan.com/threads/7401?p=57965

And the keeperklan discord allows guests too, no need to actually sign up.