Thread: Spider and spells

Default Spider and spells

So the spider isn't exactly the best of creatures, but they do have a surprisingly strong little set of spells, the most important ones earned at early levels. Just out of curiosity I did a test, one on one against a giant. All creatures were level 10 and I tested spider, bile demon, orc and dragon.

I did it 20 times with each, and I have to say the spider was the most consistent one. It beat the giant a couple of times but for the most part put it down to 1 to 3 pips of health before it died. The other creatures lost for the most part too but it varied greatly between tests. The dragons failed miserably everytime though.

I know that's a very specific situation that doesn't say much, but really, the freeze and slow spells really are potent. Most enemies (including the avatar) don't have rebound after all and that make spiders some terrific ranged back up in many cases with spells that are almost unique to them compared to other evil creatures.

Default Re: Spider and spells

Yes, the spider is actually quite a decent support troop, mostly let down by his abysmal health. And a giant is a glass canon, high damage low health, so it particularly weak against freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Yes, the spider is actually quite a decent support troop, mostly let down by his abysmal health. And a giant is a glass canon, high damage low health, so it particularly weak against freeze.
    Yes, it's a good match-up for the spider so to speak. Slow is also a really good and rare spell, and hailstorm is cool too. But it's interesting how they gave freeze in particular to only a few weak evil creatures, almost as if they wanted to give them some vey decent situational usefulness.

Freeze is a bad spell for evil creatures, since most of the heroes have rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Freeze is a bad spell for evil creatures, since most of the heroes have rebound.
    Yeah, it's situational like other projectiles. It's unfair that lightning and drain work on everything, it would make more creatures useful if there was more like a rock/paper/scissors relationship between units.