Thread: [HELP] Level variables - creature stats

Exclamation [HELP] Level variables - creature stats

Greetings, I am new here on this web, but I can't find anything that would help, so I have to post my own thread and hope someone will explain it to me.

Basically, in DK2 editor, in the "Level Variables" collum, there is a slide saying "Creature Stats", where you can edit a lot of things. The only problem is, that whatever I edit there, the numbers always revert back. For instance, when editing "Meele Damage", nothing I change there works, always stays the same, and is so with every variable. Is there some way how to fix this, or am I doing something wrong, or it just doesn't work?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: [HELP] Level variables - creature stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlaxFly View Post
    Greetings, I am new here on this web, but I can't find anything that would help, so I have to post my own thread and hope someone will explain it to me.

Basically, in DK2 editor, in the "Level Variables" collum, there is a slide saying "Creature Stats", where you can edit a lot of things. The only problem is, that whatever I edit there, the numbers always revert back. For instance, when editing "Meele Damage", nothing I change there works, always stays the same, and is so with every variable. Is there some way how to fix this, or am I doing something wrong, or it just doesn't work?
    This is something that just doesn't work, sort of. The issue is that the map isn't able to save the data proper.

There is a way to change these things, but it requires both hex editing and it would effect all your maps, at least, the ones within that particular DK2 folder.

Creature Stats and Temple Sacrifices cannot be changed, but the other level variables like the ones you see at the top little slider or drop down menu thing, those get saved just fine.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    This is something that just doesn't work, sort of. The issue is that the map isn't able to save the data proper.

There is a way to change these things, but it requires both hex editing and it would effect all your maps, at least, the ones within that particular DK2 folder.

Creature Stats and Temple Sacrifices cannot be changed, but the other level variables like the ones you see at the top little slider or drop down menu thing, those get saved just fine.

Ah, alright. It's a shame, but have to deal with it somehow. :P

It seems that even some sliders in level variables don't work, or I am doing something wrong. There is "First person stat increase percentage", but whatever I put there, health, attack, speed, all of it remains the same. Same with "Possesion: Friendly stat increase percentage". It doesn't work as well?

It seems that even some sliders in level variables don't work, or I am doing something wrong. There is "First person stat increase percentage", but whatever I put there, health, attack, speed, all of it remains the same. Same with "Possesion: Friendly stat increase percentage". It doesn't work as well?
    Everything you find under that Creature Stats menu won't work.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Everything you find under that Creature Stats menu won't work.
    Oh, that's not in Creature's Stats but under Misc. Variables, when you open Lever Variables.

Oh, that's not in Creature's Stats but under Misc. Variables, when you open Lever Variables.
    Right, I forgot that there was a level variable like that.

But yeah, it also doesn't work. Not all of the level variables there are used / work, unfortunately.

Tesonu is napping!