Thread: KeeperFX 0.5.0

Default KeeperFX 0.5.0

I'm happy to announce KeeperFX 0.5.0.

Not long after 0.4.9, I believe it's well worth updating for some very noticeable improvements.

What's new in KeeperFX 0.5.0

To see the full change list, with over 300 changes, look here.

Some of the highlights:
    • Allowed the game to render more, so we can zoom out further and see further in possession
      - Modify the view-range ingame and the setting in the keeperfx.cfg file to make it feel right for you
    • Game plays in higher frame rates, without it affecting gameplay
    • Screen flickering in possession is fixed
    • Fixed computer players not casting any spells (0.4.9 bug)
    • Multiplayer improvements, added UDP as a protocol
    • Map getting explored to corners fixed
    • One-click-drag mode for building and selling, and bridges
    • Normalized sound settings
    • Map and Minimap improvements
    • Reduced the voice spam of the mentor, and provided volume control for him
    • Fixed computer players keeping Call to Arms on for longer than intended
    • Converted Tunnelers behave as you'd want
    • Destroying walls looks better
    • Fixed hero room attack/defend objectives (0.4.9 bug)
    • Hero parties all help destroy doors
    • Computer players are better at destroying doors
    • New script commands. (new new, less new)

Instructions

KeeperFX 0.5.0 Complete is delivered as a complete installation, but requires a legally owned copy of Dungeon Keeper for copyright reasons. An original version (Disk, GOG, etc) is used to play, so after extracting the archive run the included Launcher and select 'Installation' to copy the required files over. Do not overwrite KeeperFX 0.4.8 or older with this new release, it will cause problems.

Installation instructions can be found on the official wiki. If you have any problems with the release, feel free to share here or list an issue on Github. There's also a troubleshooting section on the Keeperklan Discord. Note that you will be asked for the contents of the keeperfx.log file.

Music files need to be downloaded separately if you want to have the game music play without your cd in your drive. New controls, because otherwise new people miss the one-click building.
    Last edited by YourMaster; January 10th, 2023 at 22:50. Reason: Updated download links to 0.5.0b

Default Re: KeeperFX 0.5.0

Excellent~♪

Great release! Big ups to the developers.

Multiplayer is coming along amazingly. <3

(wow this antispam captcha system is the worst, lol)

Default KeeperFX 0.5.0b

I re-uploaded the files with a fix included. Some people randomly crashed to desktop and I don't want people to have to wait for the next release to be ready to have this fixed. If you have downloaded KeeperFX 0.5.0 between 2022-12-28 and 2023-01-10 it is recommended that you redownload and reinstall KeeperFX 0.5.0, or simply download and extract this patch over your keeperfx directory: keeperfx_0_5_0_to_b_hotfix_patch.7z

People on the alpha versions do not need to worry, the crash does not occur there.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sldr4gzus PSN ID: sldr4gzus Steam ID: sldr4gzus

Hey I would really enjoy some multiplayer on DK1, but I'm new here, if DK2 is much more popular I will learn to as I go.

Just let me know how best to set things up and what dates/times people usually play. I'm on Eastern Standard time, Florida.

Thanks just getting back into Dungeon Keeper 1 in my free time and never actually played DK2 but just purchased it on GOG.

-Nathan-

Quote Originally Posted by Sldr4gzus View Post
    Hey I would really enjoy some multiplayer on DK1, but I'm new here, if DK2 is much more popular I will learn to as I go.

Just let me know how best to set things up and what dates/times people usually play. I'm on Eastern Standard time, Florida.

Thanks just getting back into Dungeon Keeper 1 in my free time and never actually played DK2 but just purchased it on GOG.
    DK1 multiplayer works pretty well with KeeperFX now. Best thing to do is join the KeeperKlan discord, and make in the #multiplayer channel get somebody to play with you.