Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.1

Mapmaker

Default Re: KeeperFX - Test builds for version 0.5.1

Aah okay. I’ll give it a god thanks.

Since one of the latest alpha builds I keep encountering this bug (in every level, both custom levels and the original levels) where every spellbook you find is blank/empty. No (or incorrect) info is given when hovering over it with the cursor. When an imp transports the book to the library no new spell is added to the spell tab (but the mentor does say that a spell has been found). Also no visible spell icon on the map at the location of the book.
    (I tried to upload a save file but I keep getting the "file invalid" error .)

Thanks for the report, I think it would have been introduced on 3361, so stick to 3360 for now. I will try to fix this with priority.
    Edit: No, checked, it has been introduced in 3351.
    Edit2: Fixed in 3366
    Last edited by YourMaster; May 14th, 2023 at 00:36.

There's an Issue I want to bring up with certain levels regarding the Keeper AI. In the original campaign, both Nevergrim and Buffy Oak seem a lot easier than they originally were, because the Keepers would attack around like the first 5 minutes of those levels, but in recent versions KeeperFX they don't seem to attack you until much later.

Additionally in my current playthrouth of Deeper Dungeons, the level Dixaroc is made more difficult with blue mining the gold in his area that is meant for the player and sometimes taking the neutral units that are also meant for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    There's an Issue I want to bring up with certain levels regarding the Keeper AI. In the original campaign, both Nevergrim and Buffy Oak seem a lot easier than they originally were, because the Keepers would attack around like the first 5 minutes of those levels, but in recent versions KeeperFX they don't seem to attack you until much later.

Additionally in my current playthrouth of Deeper Dungeons, the level Dixaroc is made more difficult with blue mining the gold in his area that is meant for the player and sometimes taking the neutral units that are also meant for the player.
    What do you mean by 'originally'? In the original game, or in older versions of KeeperFX? Because I do try to keep maps balanced to have similar behavior and difficulty compared to the original game. And at least for nevergrim(10) there was some point where people started to complain the AI had become far too good, especially compared to the original game, and he got trimmed back.

I talking about older versions of KeeperFX, though I think it was like that in the original game too when talking about Nevergrim and Buffy Oak.
    Last edited by Jordan; May 31st, 2023 at 23:48.

For Nevergrim I specifically went out and experimented with the original game, timing it how long it took, then tried tweaking the map in FX until I had the same time. My memory of Buffy Oak is that they would hardly attack the player at all, and I believe in KeeperFX they do at least attack at some point now, or don't they?

I just checked an old VOD from a streamer I follow called Mech04, who did a blind playthrough of the original game back in 2019. When he did Buffy Oak the AI does attack him from the southern portal around 25 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I just checked an old VOD from a streamer I follow called Mech04, who did a blind playthrough of the original game back in 2019. When he did Buffy Oak the AI does attack him from the southern portal around 25 minutes in.
    I just tried it, and yes, the player is still attacked in keeperfx. It's just that the keeper is exceptionally dumb with bridges so he failed to reach the dungeon.

Another small bug I found: when a mountain dwarf dies he makes the sound of a dying female hero.