Thread: Flowerhat on New Game Plus

Question Flowerhat on New Game Plus

Been a fan of the original game since my childhood, decided to try New Game Plus in my first time playing KeeperFX- I'm loving it so far, along with all the UI changes (that feel so natural that I almost didn't notice them, like WASD and mouse controls), but I'm getting flummoxed by Flowerhat.

Not on how to beat it; I'm just trying to figure out the conditions for accessing the secret room to the north of the chamber where you get the spiders. The access point starts as one dirt block, but it always changes into impenetrable rock by the time I can get there. Is there a time or gold limit involved? Is there some other condition I'm triggering by accident? I searched around, both online and in the forums, but couldn't find an answer.

Default Re: Flowerhat on New Game Plus

Basically you need to hurry a lot to get it yes. In general though, you don't need to worry about the transfer boxes, the campaign is balanced to be completed without the transfers or secret levels just fine. Specifically in this map it's the number of units you have that blocks access. Hints for the secret level are always the original game objectives.

"When your troops are sufficient in number and have had some training, lead them north and crush any who oppose you."
    See, troop numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Basically you need to hurry a lot to get it yes. In general though, you don't need to worry about the transfer boxes, the campaign is balanced to be completed without the transfers or secret levels just fine. Specifically in this map it's the number of units you have that blocks access. Hints for the secret level are always the original game objectives. (...) See, troop numbers.
    Oh man, that didn't even occur to me. Though now I'm wondering if it's possible to cheese it by just constantly throwing troops back into the portal (or if the game keeps track of total troops you've ever had, which also wouldn't surprise me given how comprehensive KeeperFX's changes are turning out to be). I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the hint!

I could have scripted it to be cheese proof, but I did not. So yes, you could cheese it like that. Or you can just hurry . Or save the specials for the eventual replay.