Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spanish revision V1.0

Default Re: Spanish revision V1.0

Here is the translation of the classic levels.

classic_esp.zip

Thanks. What's the .mo file?
    And you removed string 49. I assume by accident.

Hi all!

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Thanks. What's the .mo file?
    And you removed string 49. I assume by accident.
    Sorry yesterday to run away, I had something to do and i didn't read this. ^^

As I told you yesterday I thought you used poedit and the .mo file is the compilation, I thought you would need it, now I know you don't.

I correct, the chains were fine, there were no duplicates, but poedit inserted me at the beginning just because, the classics text, sorry for the confusion and inconvenience it caused.

String 49, I imagine that I can edit it again, I've been trying to make a template for my campaign, and it gave me errors, I've removed a lot of text, in the end I'm going to do it from NotepadPP, even so, it was an accident, sorry about that.

I forgot to comment yesterday.
    Proper names are never translated into any language, even so I translated several names of levels because in Spanish, they are very cool .

Even so, the one from Skybird Trill, I left the translation in parentheses and didn't delete it. You have to correct it, delete the parentheses and the translation, it sounds very cool too. But Skybird Trill is Skybird Trill

And finally, the translation of the standard level.

If there is something left to translate, you know

I have seen some minor error in the translation and I will correct it, for example the string is too long in options/zoom=>mouse wheel
    the phrases overlap.But first I want to look for some more, I'm writing them down, in fact I've started a new campaign, but I don't have much time.

standard_esp.zip

Thanks, I have added the standard translations to the PR. For your further corrections, please download the updated files from https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/pull/2220/files again, correct it there, and send me the corrected files. And yes, please still translate string 49 from classic.

Every campaign included with KeeperFX is translatable, and non of them are currently translated into Spanish. It's up to you how many you want to translate and which ones. For now, on the PR (link above) I prepared 'Undead Keeper' for translations into Spanish.

Also, names can be translated too. The original campaign levels already have names, in all other languages too. I see for Spanish they are kept original in the gtext.spa so far. But if you open your `keeperfx\campgns\keeporig_spa`folder, you will find the mentor speeches there. Say, open bad20.wav and listen to the mentor. It should say in spanish the name of the final level. Here is an overview in other languages too.

Edit: I added an empty template for Assmist campaign too in case you finish Undead Keeper and want more to translate.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 15th, 2023 at 00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    But if you open your `keeperfx\campgns\keeporig_spa`folder, you will find the mentor speeches there. Say, open bad20.wav and listen to the mentor. It should say in spanish the name of the final level.
    Hi,excuse me to correct you.
    I have checked it but I didn't need it because I bought the game in 1998, and I still remember the phrase very well."Eversmile ubicado en el reino de la alegría, eversmile…", in Good01.wav , for example.
    In bad20.wav says it in english and in all the others, either at the beginning of the level or at the end.
    In fact, I always thought it was a mistake, because at the beginning of the level "good.wav" has a name and at the end another "bad.wav", until I understood that: That kingdom, while it was not invaded by us, was called like this, and after our invasion it acquired the other name.
    In Dungeon Keerper they never doubled or translated the level names, because that's actually incorrect.

But we are not here for that, but to have translations in other languages .

I'll get to it, I'm just going to be a little busy, I'll tell you in case I see that it takes a few days.

Now we have another campaign in Castellano (Spanish)

undead_es.zip
    Last edited by Celtíbero; February 15th, 2023 at 21:35.

Fixed string 49. Tested with Poedit and if you get a message to ignore the other time, warning you that duplicate strings have been removed...And translations of level names.

classic_esp.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Celtíbero View Post
    Fixed string 49. Tested with Poedit and if you get a message to ignore the other time, warning you that duplicate strings have been removed...And translations of level names.

classic_esp.zip
    You have string 49 2 times now.

They should be different:
    Code:
    #. Return to Skybird Trill (lv416)
    #: guitext:49
    msgctxt "In-game message"
    msgid ""
    "These Heroes have faith in their quest to take what is yours. As you have no faith in anything, power must be your substitute! Use this reclaimed power to break down the doors to their dungeon and teach the real meaning of fear! The Monk of Might will be your first victim. Armed with his faith, he waits to face you nearby! "

#. Return to Skybird Trill (lv416)
    #: guitext:50
    msgctxt "In-game message"
    msgid ""
    "Correct me if I'm wrong, which I doubt, but wasn't there a third way in? "
    msgstr ""
    I added the translations for Undead (and post undead) Keeper campaigns to the PR and made the changes from my side to make sure they work for the game. Thanks again.
    I also updated the classic .po file to include both string 49 and 50 again, and prepared another campaign to receive translations: Burdened Imps
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 15th, 2023 at 22:42.

Let's see if the third time's the charm..ains!

fix_classic_esp.zip