Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spanish revision V1.0

Default Spanish revision V1.0

First of all I want to warn you that since school I have not used English again, I use the Google translator like many.
    Be more merciful than the guardian, who right-clicked on my head and apologized.

Hello, I have been reviewing and correcting the errors in text_spa.dat, here I have the version already corrected from line 0 to 1033, and except for errors because I am a person. I think that all the errors are corrected 100%.I still have to re-check all the new content and the one that is not so new.
    For example: The creatures are supposed to be able to heal 1/4 health with their spells in area,according to vanilla DK.
    I only have all my thanks to all the people who are doing everything possible to keep DK alive and their great and an excellent job.
    Thank you so much!

The zip contains: the file text_spa.dat and a changelog.
    In the changelog, everything is explained, although with the google translator, in case the developers or creators want to verify the changes and the reason for them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Spanish revision V1.0

Hello and thank you for the effort. I would happily accept improved translations.

The .dat files are the output files however, we have human-friendly input files that automatically get converted to those .dat files. Unfortunately I can't do much with the file you provided here.
    This is the file to correct translations on: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dk...g/gtext_spa.po

If you download that file, correct the strings there, and share that file I will include those corrections with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Hello and thank you for the effort. I would happily accept improved translations.
    No, thanks to you who are the ones who make DK FX come true

The .dat files are the output files however, we have human-friendly input files that automatically get converted to those .dat files. Unfortunately I can't do much with the file you provided here.
    This is the file to correct translations on: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dk...g/gtext_spa.po

If you download that file, correct the strings there, and share that file I will include those corrections with the game.
    Oh, I'm so sorry. I download it and correct it from that file,thank you for answering my message!

Hi , here I leave the .po version of the entire text in Spanish. I say the same as yesterday, 100% of the sentences have been reviewed, but that does not mean that you have not seen an error, and it is free of errors.
    If anyone sees one let me know.

P.D.: I'll make a 2.0 version more slowly, more current with DK FX.
    For example, nowadays everyone knows what Right/Left Click is. So sentences where it says "Pulsa el ratón con el botón derecho/izquierdo", will be changed to a simple "Right Click/Left Click".
    Also, let me know for new translations that are being implemented, I will be happy to translate/correct them.

Thanks in advance
    See later,

gtext_spa.zip

ok, thanks, made this PR for it, which I can merge into the game: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/pull/2210

- I did a bit of cleanup, click the 'some cleanup'
    - I did not take your happy birthday translation, as it is used with a name at the end. In game it goes 'Happy Birthday Dene Carter' for example, and I think your new translation does not fit in a sentence like that.
    - I did not take your translation of 'New Game+', as it seemed to me it did not match the original meaning of the name. 'New game plus' is a known term in gaming where you play the same thing again but with extras (usually starting with more power).

Agreed?

- I did a bit of cleanup, click the 'some cleanup'
    - I did not take your happy birthday translation, as it is used with a name at the end. In game it goes 'Happy Birthday Dene Carter' for example, and I think your new translation does not fit in a sentence like that.
    - I did not take your translation of 'New Game+', as it seemed to me it did not match the original meaning of the name. 'New game plus' is a known term in gaming where you play the same thing again but with extras (usually starting with more power).

Agreed?
    Ok, that seems correct to me.

Just one thing, I don't remember the "New Game+" thing, except in "A Dungeon Keeper - New Game+" to change it for "The Dungeon Keeper, FX+"
    In Spain we understand ",FX+" as changes in the original game, and great and fantastic changes you have made.
    But ,i repeat:"Ok, that seems correct to me."
    Thanks for everything.Even so, do not worry, I am not going to give up and I will continue, correcting errors and changes.

See you later

ok, from keeperfx.net you can download Alpha 3236 and it (and newer versions) will have these translations included. Feel free to give it a try and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtíbero View Post
    Ok, that seems correct to me.
    Thanks for everything.Even so, do not worry, I am not going to give up and I will continue, correcting errors and changes.
    If you want, non of the 'free play levels' or campaigns are translated to Spanish, you could do those. If you see here, the levels and campaign folders, none of them have Spanish translation files: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/tree/master/lang. Chinese, Polish and French are the only languages with decent translations for custom content.
    Let me know if you want to do those translations too, and if so, which one you want to do first, then I'll make empty Spanish template files for those.

If you want, non of the 'free play levels' or campaigns are translated to Spanish, you could do those. If you see here, the levels and campaign folders, none of them have Spanish translation files: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/tree/master/lang. Chinese, Polish and French are the only languages with decent translations for custom content.
    Let me know if you want to do those translations too, and if so, which one you want to do first, then I'll make empty Spanish template files for those.
    Sure, I'm happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by Celtíbero View Post
    Sure, I'm happy to help
    ok, I added 2 template files for the classic and standard levels to start out with: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/pull/2220/files

You could also join the discord for quicker communication if you want.