Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Old] Suggestions

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default [Old] Suggestions

You may list suggestions or ideas for possibilities to improve the RPG. It can be from a number of things. Possibly decribing the difficulty of some areas or simply a mechanic improvement idea or an entirely new mechanic idea.

Feel free to discuss this amongst yourselves as well, it allows me to see how well this idea is liked.

EDIT:
    I've done quite a revision on the RPG after being absent for some time, and I decided I needed a fresh start, so this thread is locked. I kept this thread around for viewing purposes. If I open up a new Suggestions thread, it'll be quite different from this one.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; March 7th, 2011 at 11:34.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Suggestions

Huh... Somehow I thought this would be a bit more active...

Well, anyways... Some things I would like to know and decide on is what kind of things should increase/decrease your payday in Chapter 2? I want things that are related to the Hero Fortress, nothing with talking to the creatures as that was Chapter 1 where you had a dungoen built so there wasn't much else for me to do.

Newer dungeons will offer more in that situation but anyways, not the point. I want to hear some suggestions.

Also I would like to hear some ideas on Rooms and what to do with them too.

Any thoughts?

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

Room Ideas...

Heart Chamber:
    -Briefing Area
    -Mission Area, can send player on side or fun missions for rewards / entertainment.
    -Can ask Keeper to drop player in any Keeper-controled territory, for a price.

Lair:
    -DK RPG Inn (Save, healing, etc)

Hatchery:
    -Eat Chicken to fullful hunger.

Treasury:
    -Gather gold for payday.

Training Room:
    -Non-lethal combat area.
    -Combat-related mini-games.

Library:
    -Fun room to read extras, may provide tips to the player.
    -May research to improve own skills and status for a period of time.
    -Researching word mini-game.

Temple:
    -Offer gold and/or pray here for good or bad buffs / debuffs.

Scavenger Room:
    -Offering gold may decrease the number of enemies spawned, but not random encounters.
    -If successful in scavenging, you can play as the scavenged creature or hero for a short time.

Prison:
    -Mock the prisoners.
    -Prison Break mini-game.

Tortue Chamber:
    -Convert a creature to your cause.
    -Interogate a creature.
    -Torture mini-game.

Workshop:
    -Blacksmith / Weapon / Armor shop.
    -Working here by playing a mini-game may provide gold.

Graveyard:
    -No idea.

Guard Post:
    -Guarding mini-game, fight a series of lethal battles, if won, gold is rewarded.

Pay Ideas:
    -Killing X number of enemy patrols, not random encounters.
    -Do side objectives (posioning wells, disrupting traps, etc)
    -Time taken to beat chapter.
    -Defeating the boss on ''Challenge'' Mode (A harder diffuculty setting with a stronger boss, more abilities, and maybe even more mobs to contend with)

With alot of these things, it is a question of how to impliment them... But also remember I don't want to attach this and "fix" things to make it more like an RPG because that can consiquently kill the Dungeon Keeper style as well as any reason why I am doing a Dungoen Keeper RPG in the first place.

I'm not too fond of mini-games, but again how would I impliment them? With the way I design the game it adds difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    Heart Chamber:
    -Briefing Area
    -Mission Area, can send player on side or fun missions for rewards / entertainment.
    -Can ask Keeper to drop player in any Keeper-controled territory, for a price.
    Briefing Area already done.

Mission Area? You mean like sidequests? Well for those I give to individual creatures after a realm has been completed.

Drop creature is controlled land is a nice idea, but I don't think you should have to pay for it. The only pay is from non-controlled land, which basically is like a "Travel" via Call to Arms which can only be done at Save Points.

I can combine the two, however.

Lair:
    -DK RPG Inn (Save, healing, etc)
    Pretty much already done, shopping "common" items is there too.

Hatchery:
    -Eat Chicken to fullful hunger.
    Done already

Treasury:
    -Gather gold for payday.
    Hmm, might have to do some testing on that one to make it possible. I like it but I am unsure how to actually do it without it being abused.

Training Room:
    -Non-lethal combat area.
    -Combat-related mini-games.
    Former is already done, latter I am again unsure about.

Library:
    -Fun room to read extras, may provide tips to the player.
    -May research to improve own skills and status for a period of time.
    -Researching word mini-game.
    Already done so.

Improving skills? That should be at the Training Room. Status? That should be at the Temple since I like that idea.

Also an idea I wanted to use was the ability to research spells and rooms there to add onto payday, if done earlier on.

Temple:
    -Offer gold and/or pray here for good or bad buffs / debuffs.
    I like it, I had a usage already but I guess I'll add that in instead for future Temples. Or I could combine the two.

Scavenger Room:
    -Offering gold may decrease the number of enemies spawned, but not random encounters.
    -If successful in scavenging, you can play as the scavenged creature or hero for a short time.
    Not random encounters? That's even more difficult. That means deleting events not even in the same area. This may actually be impossible within the limits of this editor.

The latter I don't even think is possible in use of real time... not to mention Party confusion.

Prison:
    -Mock the prisoners.
    -Prison Break mini-game.
    Somewhat capable, of the former. I mean it somewhat is done, just speaking to prisoners sorta.

Tortue Chamber:
    -Convert a creature to your cause.
    -Interogate a creature.
    -Torture mini-game.
    The second only, I like it and it can be used to gather information about enemy land and stuff. The most former and latter can't be of much use, the former I don't have any way to impliment or usage either.

Workshop:
    -Blacksmith / Weapon / Armor shop.
    -Working here by playing a mini-game may provide gold.
    The later may be too easy on gold, while the former is already in my mind. To make Traps and Doors, but this was for the newer realms. Ability to make armor and stuff I could use too.

Graveyard:
    -No idea.
    Not much use in that room/point in adding that in your list, hmm? :P

Guard Post:
    -Guarding mini-game, fight a series of lethal battles, if won, gold is rewarded.
    Not too fond of this. I'd rather have nothing in there if I can't find something that makes sense/good.

Pay Ideas:
    -Killing X number of enemy patrols, not random encounters.
    -Do side objectives (posioning wells, disrupting traps, etc)
    -Time taken to beat chapter.
    -Defeating the boss on ''Challenge'' Mode (A harder diffuculty setting with a stronger boss, more abilities, and maybe even more mobs to contend with)
    Uhh... maybe I'll just do the thinking on that one.

Tesonu is napping!

side quests example: kill all 5 tentacles of this land and come back to gain your prize

multiple choice example: knight and reaper fighting, the one you help will become your ally after

Easter eggs

I think that you should change the interface.. i mean the sounds were great thing in DK and in your game they sound good too, however the atmosphere is killed when you click the enter button and there is blue... the interface should be more evil in my opinion, and you could change the font, I played around with RPG maker awhile, i cant remember exactly but it is really easy to change the interfaces color, and maybe make a new inventory and status screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Zander353 View Post
    I think that you should change the interface.. i mean the sounds were great thing in DK and in your game they sound good too, however the atmosphere is killed when you click the enter button and there is blue... the interface should be more evil in my opinion, and you could change the font, I played around with RPG maker awhile, i cant remember exactly but it is really easy to change the interfaces color, and maybe make a new inventory and status screen?
    I've never spent ant time on that but it should be fairly easy to do. Time to use FX and get some menu screenshots.

Not sure about font, if it is even possible to change the style I don't know where.

Tesonu is napping!

Let me check if i have mine on this comp and ill throw you some i found, it wont be the best for DK themed, but hopefully much better than the one on there now, one second.

Edit - sorry for double posting I could have sworn i saw u post then it disappeared lol xD
    And i am sorry the word I was looking for was "window skins" not interface xD
    Last edited by Zander353; February 27th, 2010 at 22:57. Reason: I forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Zander353 View Post
    Let me check if i have mine on this comp and ill throw you some i found, it wont be the best for DK themed, but hopefully much better than the one on there now, one second.
    Damn bloody lag messed me up, well yeah I've never paid much attention to little things like that. Still a work in progress, I'm focussing more on the designing of maps and stuff rather than little things like that.

I can create my own, I'm fine. Need some screenshots though, I wanna make it like the one inside Dungeon Keeper, would be awesome. Also want to get DK's opening image for the title but I never got around to it.

Tesonu is napping!

I like the game a lot im playing right now and its really fun, however the spells that the warlocks do to you at the beginning are a little wimpy and here is that window skin just in case u want to try it out. looks great keep up the good work!