Level 1: Melee
    Level 2: Fireball
    Level 3: Slow
    Level 4: Freeze
    Level 5: Sight
    Level 6: Drain
    Level 8: Tornado
    Level 10: Ice Barrage

Furthermore, the Angel of Death has the ability of the ghost to see invisible creatures, even when he doesn't have the Sight skill activated.

Skill information:

Level 1 Melee: Should speak for itself
    Level 2 Fireball: Same as in all DK games; launches a low level fiery projectile
    Level 3 Slow: Same as in DK1; launches a red ring on the target which makes him/her slow on attacking and movements
    Level 4 Freeze: Same as in all DK games; freezes the target on spot
    Level 5 Sight: Same as in DK1; makes the Angel of Death see invisible creatures
    Level 6 Drain: Same as in DK1; fires a red beam to the target, taking away some health and adding to the casters’ own
    Level 8 Tornado: Same as in all DK games; blows all but the heaviest creatures away
    Level 10 Ice Barrage: Freezes enemies surrounding the caster

Information:

Guardians to the world beyond life, these skeletal sorcerers have been granted immense powers to aid them in their task. They are not truly evil, but they are trying to maintain a balance between Good and Evil, so Angels of Death regularly clash with both forces, but it’s not uncommon to see that they are serving Dungeon Keepers. They are never seen alongside Heroes.

Behavior in Dungeon:

Angels of Death are excellent researchers but will most of the time spend their time around the graveyard or at the temple. They will refuse to do manufacturing and do guard duty. The natural enemy of the Angel of Death is the Monk.

Jobs:

Researching
    Praying
    Training
    Will not manufacture
    Will not do guard duty

Obtainable By: Mostly found as a neutral creature, otherwise they need some ‘persuading’

Style: Spellcaster

Hang Out Group: They don’t have any hang out group in particular

Hates: Nothing, but can be angered if constantly forcing Angels of Death to do jobs they don’t do.

Loves: Killing

Lair: Not sure yet

Appearance: Skeletal figure in jet black robes with a staff, look to pictures.

How Introduced: Not sure

Attracted by: Nothing, this creature is not meant to enter via portals, unless changed via the editor.

Pictures!

Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 23rd, 2010 at 21:03.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

Default Re: Angel of Death

lol thats a skin for mediv
    why don't you just say he has to look like a grim reaper
    and there other reapers in dk already

That Medivh reskin does bear a striking resemblance to the common "Lich". Seems like a combination of Skeleton, Warlock and Vampire to me. It's not a bad concept but it doesn't really fit any... niche, I'm afraid. It has no really unique traits.

But your suggestion did give me an idea (I dunno if it's been proposed before): Before a creature is explained and described in a normal, neutral/evil Mentor textbox it could say one or two sentences about itself, e.g. why it joined. Not every time one joins your creatures, just when it's newly introduced. Your signature could be this introductory message for an Angel of Death =P
    Last edited by Trotim; February 23rd, 2010 at 18:42.

@Necror

We don't want to create rivalries by doing that.

@Trotim

I suppose you are right about that, it doesn't have any real outstanding qualities before I edited the skill list. What do you think of it now? The Angel of Death is now definately a creature that focuses on disrupting enemies rather than damaging or outlasting them like the Warlock and Vampire respectively.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

That's better, yes, but... Tornado and Ice Barrage don't really mix, do they?

It needs Word of Power, just so it has that ice and word of power combo of ass-kickery.

Apart from its cliché name I think it'd be possible to right up how they've come into being.

About the 'How Introduced:' maybe something (but in a more storytelling way)
    When Keeper's fall, their 'spirit' remains, these spirits take control of special skeletal corpses and form a black backside which grows as a measurement of their evil. They are effective in battle but are difficult to be made to join your cause.
    Their knowledge for research and unquestionable devotion to the dark gods is their last hope of wanting to be reborn as their former, heart-like selves.

sounds like a boss or map goodie, making me support this idea