Thread: Deeper Dungeons

Default Deeper Dungeons

Hi, I'm trying to play Deeper Dungeons using KeeperFX, but I ran into some trouble:
    In the 2nd and 3rd missions (didn't try 4 and after), the enemy keepers don't attract any creatures. In the first mission the enemy keeper did attract some. (Is it caused by the fact that in the 2nd and 3rd missions they start with portals already claimed?)

Also, I get extra rooms : A graveyard in the 2nd mission, and a jail in the 3rd one, while I don't get these in the original game...

Finally, is there a way to run KeeperFX in 1280x800?

Default Re: Deeper Dungeons

The non-spawning creatures bug has already been fixed in the next release: http://forum.keeperklan.com/showpost...8&postcount=10

The newly available rooms have probably been added by DragonsLover as part of the many fixes he applied to the DD levels. Some level scripts had errors in them that made the levels either next to impossible or too easy to beat, which he tried to fix. They may be redundant additions though, I dunno.

...and I don't think it can be run in that high a resolution. Usually recommended is 640x480.

Ghost

When I played version 0.35 I had a graveyard in Korros Tor (second mission) when I played 0.36experimental (to fix the portals) I didn't get the Graveyard, and haven't seen a Prison either?

Random command used maybe?

In both 0.34 and 0.35, the Korros Tor script only has ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER1,GRAVEYARD,1,0) - that should make a Graveyard available (but unresearched) to the second player (Blue Keeper).

Similarly, Kari-Mar only says ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER3,PRISON,1,0) in both versions.

If these rooms really were available to you, it's probably a bug (sorry DragonsLover~). Maybe having used the ALL_PLAYERS commands before the specific player commands causes that bug now for some reason? You may want to make and send savefiles to Mefistotelis.
    Last edited by Trotim; February 23rd, 2010 at 19:11.

Thanks, the experimental patch seems to have fixed it for me.

I run the game in 1024x768 - it's been working pretty well so far...

There's another annoying bug: I like to play with walls lowered, but with KeeperFX, in that mode the selection square no longer matches the effective square that will be worked on if you click...

You don't need to send anything, it's already fixed.

Player indexes were used uninitialized, so they all were set to 0 (-> player0 got everything, other players nothing).

Report only if there are still errors in v0.36exp

I also have some trouble picking up creatures: they are not always highlighted when my hand is over them.

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTemplar View Post
    I also have some trouble picking up creatures: they are not always highlighted when my hand is over them.
    That's because of the resolution I believe, the game was made for 640x400 and playing on 640x480 doesn't change the mouse "view" so you have to click a little more precise, I don't really notice it anymore. :P