Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lair Enemy/True Enemy

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Lair Enemy/True Enemy

Hmm, wondering about the two...

Lair Enemy: Creatures who attack each other in the Lairs, but outside of it will be a bit "kinder" towards each other.

True Enemy: When a creature will attack another, on sight, no matter where.

We should not include True Enemy and not Lair Enemy, but Lair Enemy can be fine without True Enemy. True Enemy is a bit too strong and everything, I can see that. Also very annoying. This would be only with creatures like the Vampire or Horned Reaper who do not really care where they are.

I also want to discuss Lair Enemies too, what do you think if we should include them? And what Lair Enemies upon suggestions as well as obvious creatures going to enter the WftO game (Vampire, Skeleton, Warlock, etc)

My vote is for Lair Enemies yes, because I am unsure on True Enemies yet. It builds a bit of strategy on where to keep your Lairs, and also makes you coscious about who goes where. However, like in DK1, Lair Enemies should try and avoid each other.

I think we need to be trying to discuss more things like this, because we don't really have much on these kind of game mechanics or even info on how we will use the Warlock and such.

Edit: Damn lag, this was supposed to be a poll... but in the lag in waiting I clicked the post reply again and because of that it must have brought be over to the Suggestions forum instead of the Poll options... Uhh... can a mod edit this?
    Poll Options were to be...
    1. Lair Enemies Only
    2. True Enemies Only
    3. Lair Enemies and True Enemies
    4. Neither Lair Enemies or True Enemies
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; February 24th, 2010 at 21:42.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Lair Enemy/True Enemy

I vote for lair enemies only. True enemies will just annoy the player way too much, considering the fact that having creatures see each other is much much much more common than having one of the sleeping in the lair and the other entering said lair.

The Awakening

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Lair Enemys. Final option.

Hellhound

As much as I hate keeping my creatures apart (I love having everything crammed into one place), I'll vote for Lair Enemies.

Lair Enemies is my vote. I really hate breaking up fights -.-
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Okay... so that aside we should also discuss information such as who hates who...

Well for starters...

Fly/Spider
    Dark Mistress/Samurai
    Skeleton/Bile Demon
    Warlock/Vampire
    Demon Spawn/Hell Hound

The only one that isn't of absolute certainty is the most latter as neither or was in both games. I mean we are pretty sure we want the awesome Samurai back, Demon Spawn pretty much is in the go I'm sure but the Hell Hound yeah I am unsure...

Also, one thing I think we should have is more Evil/Hero hatred but not too much.

I mean in DK2... they didn't have Lair Enemies but there was a total thing with Heroes VS Creatures.

Having multiple Lairs is one thing (For those of you who wish to complain about 2-4 Lairs, listen to this next part) but if you wanted to convert, then you pretty much need a second dungeon and even then, you also need locked doors.

I don't think we need to be hearing Creatures whining back and fourth with Heroes, I mean that doesn't sound very evil, and it is stupid for Creatures not to know the differance between a Knight who cuts throats of Heroes and a Knight who cuts throats of Evil.

But that is a discussion of how much I hate that feature for a different topic, mainly the "Hypersenstaive creatures are crap" thread.

Back to discussion, I think DK2 added that since they didn't have Lair Enemies, so I think we should have Lair Enemies instead but we need a few Hero/Evil ones... Obviously the Vampire will hate the Monk no matter who's side he's on right? Black Knight isn't much different from the Knight though, (I mean same stats too) except for the fact that the former is probably female.

Tesonu is napping!

In DK1 I hate how you can't move a creatures lair because they fight. Are we going to leave that?

Definately have Lair Enemies, I'm not sure about True Enemies yet but it's quite certain it isn't fun for the player, and it can only confuse the AI.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    In DK1 I hate how you can't move a creatures lair because they fight. Are we going to leave that?
    What are you talking about? All you need to do is build a Second Lair and drop the creatures in that Lair. Because they don't have a home there, they will create one and abandon the old one.

Tesonu is napping!

I decided to go some more in-depth in lair enemies.

Old ones that'll most likely stay in:

Spider + Fly: Obvious enough
    Skeleton + Bile Demon: Somewhat makes sense
    Mistress + Samurai: I like the concept of a strong creature rivaling a strong hero.

Old ones that should be removed:

Hellhound + Demon Spawn: Even if both are going to be in, it didn't really make sense for them to be rivals to each other to me.
    Warlock + Vampire: As Metal Gear Rex said, Monks would be a better enemy for Vampires, and I don't think it's good to have one creature species have multiple rivals. (Horned Reaper excluded.)

New possibilities?

Horned Reaper + Heavy Knight: They're mortal enemies, so it'd make sense.
    Horned Reaper + Avatar: Same.
    Black Knight + Knight: Yeah.
    Pixie + Fairy: Part of the Pixies' backstory.
    Warlock + Archlich: Archlich fits better to be a rival of the immortality-seeking Warlocks instead of the Vampires, which would be more useful for...
    Monk + Vampire: ...this.

Now for the less probable ideas...

Archer + Beetle: Beetles are known for being cannon fodder. Or, as Archers might perceive it, target practice.
    Giant + Dragon: Just a contest of 'who is the strongest' between the big guys. Except it's more like a fight to the death. Call it a 'Clash of the Titans' if you want.

The Awakening