View Poll Results: Which Skeleton System Should We Use?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • DK1

7 70.00%
  • DK2

3 30.00%
  • New System (Suggest Please)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skeletons (DK1 or DK2?)

Default Re: Skeletons (DK1 or DK2?)

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    You forgot to add one thing Duke.

In DK1's system, everything counts against the creature limit. Sacrificed bonuses, Heroes, Undead, everything.

In DK2, undead can be spammed, Sacrifice bonuses don't count, and you can convert all the Heroes you want. This was one serious problem in DK2, and in DK2 nearly every creature counted due to the overall low amount of 15 creatures compared to a common 20-30.
    I left that one out on purpose actually, because DK1 can't be compared to DK2. Everything of the latter is simply broken including the thing what you just mention. Anyway, that's not really the point here.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 25th, 2010 at 06:43.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

If we use DK1 skeletons in the game only humanoids will turn into skeletons when they die.
    What about the others in the prison, should they simply die or turn into some other kind of monster when they run out of health (ghost/other undead)?

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

I like DK 2 skeletons... the fact you can spam them is counterbalanced by the fact they can't really fight for #$%$. They still manage to be useful though. I use them all the time for guard duty and for taking out doors or traps on the other-side of the map... which would result in my other creatures getting pissed off at having to walk back. Skeletons in DK 2 weren't meant for primary creatures, they were meant to top up your numbers afterwards. The fact that they are more easy to obtain attributes to this.

There was nothing wrong with the DK 2 system.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; February 25th, 2010 at 08:03.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

In DKI, all creatures would die if killed.

The only flaw in DKI is that enemy Skeletons were able to be imprisoned, I didn't think that made any sense since the only way to knock a skeleton out (logically speaking) would be to destroy it. Also, Fairies, Mistresses, Witches and Samurai's(especially Samurai's) were deadly if in masses because they all had lightning.
    Anything with lightning was annoyingly powerful but I don't think Skeletons should lose that ability.
    Skeletons come easy but even in DKI, they died easily. Have some Bile Demons!
    ...heck! Get some Horned Reapers and they'll whack the living shite out of the Skeleton's and they'd probably only have to be level 5 to do it!
    DKI Skeleton's all the way!

DKII had a cannon fodder style for its skeletons that made them act more like scouts or rogues than something which could fight by itself, but it and the vampire were the only two creatures which remained true to the death-system from DKI.

As long as you keep the DKI rivalries then a player would risk not having Bile Demons if it was to have a bunch of skeletons, but I also like that only humanoid creatures become skeletons whereas others would either die, get converted or become ghosts.
    This all basically means that creatures may not want to be that humanoid and like someone else pointed out, a player is hardly going to just have a spam-nation of Skeletons if a bunch of more effective creatures come along.

As long as the games balanced enough, then having a bunch of one creature won't be good enough.

That's what DKI teaches! Look at some of the levels where one keeper is hogging all of one kind of creature and scavenges any of the same kind that you obtain. You kick that keepers ass due to their lack of diversity.