Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Command and Conquer 4

Hellhound

Default Command and Conquer 4

I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in it. By what I've seen, it's the conclusion to the C&C saga (or just Kane's part.)

Main thing I dislike is they changed the gameplay quite a bit from what the old C&C used to be like. (Course, that's EA for ya.)
    I'm probably gonna get it though because I enjoy the storyline...

Here's the link.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/

Edit: If one required clarification, here it is.

At the time before playing it, I didn't really like the mobile base system. Afterwards, I enjoyed the concept but still missed the old C&C style gameplay. The storyline part is meant for the series in general, because I did enjoy the series very much. The story present in C&C 4 left much to be desired (in other words, it wasn't that good). For more information, look on page 3 on me small review of it.
    Last edited by Sire; April 3rd, 2010 at 05:21.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Command and Conquer 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (blah blah blah.)

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (blah blah EA blah blah)
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Blah blah

blah blah blah
    -RECONIZED COMMAND-
    -RESPOND ACTION-

Boo!

-COMMENCE SHUT DOWN-

(Just messing with you. :P Boo ea!)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Tiberian sun was one of my favourite RTS (after DK of course). C&C3 was a pretty big disappointment for me. So I don't think I will be getting 4 any time soon.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Seriously speaking, I've played some C&C but I don't remember which ones. I had one for the N64 and then played a few games with my brother (When he was bored he used to get me to play games with him, glad those days are over) but I don't remember much. Haven't played it in some time now so yeah I dunno.

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

Ever since EA got their hands on the C&C series, they pretty much ****ed it up and are making a lot of money from people buying their ****y games just for the storyline of their favorite series.

I hate EA myself, but C&C is still clinging onto me (as well as Red Alert)

I heard a rumour that Bullfrog games are next (don't think it will be DK though, but we'll see)
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Ever since EA got their hands on the C&C series, they pretty much ****ed it up and are making a lot of money from people buying their ****y games just for the storyline of their favorite series.

Thing about EA is that they can make "good" games, sometimes.

However, they have a problem with names. They seem to mix up names of different games with these other good games, if you get my meaning.

(I actually recall once hearing of one game having a different game's name slapped on it just to sell it, I think it was something like Crontra or something like that)

Tesonu is napping!

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Indeed. EA ruined this game so badly...

The awesome furture looking soldiers are now the bland looking Soldiers in almost every other modern RTS...

Rest in Peace Command and Conquer of Westwood, we shall miss you.

I once sent a letter to Westwood...

They never wrote me back

Main thing I dislike is they changed the gameplay quite a bit from what the old C&C used to be like. (Course, that's EA for ya.)
    Yes, every 10 years EA decides to change the gameplay completely, because after 10 years people still want the exact same version of the same game only looking different.
    We called that Generals and it was a big success, gameplay was fun and had a lot of replayability to it, be it multiplayer or skirmish, and its modding scene was nearly as large as Half-Life 2's.

I'm glad they've changed the system with C&C4, I'm disappointed by what's not longer there but I enjoy what's new and if you think about it, people wanted to setup a base anywhere and what better way than to have a large mobile construction unit that can be deployed anywhere and disperse units constantly without a resource limitation. A game where one guy can't go lone-wolf from his team-mates and expect to win, C&C4 has a good tactical side to it since spamming units can't win you the battle.

If you haven't tried C&C4 then you cannot go ahead and say it sucks without coming across as an ignorant child who thinks the game started since Generals or C&C 3.
    Its a nice change and you'll either love or hate it, but its still worth a try before disregarding it completely, especially from what EA-haters say.

Depending on how future C&C games progress I may or may not play them, however C&C4 is only driving me because I want the conclusion and I enjoy the level based system for the players as well as the new way of playing C&C, its literally a new game. Which is a good way to handle sequels for RTS', especially ones as diverse as C&C.

There's a lot that's different and if you're no good with change then how you have survived in the world today is outstanding.

EA have done bad and because of its size and plague-like-spreading it has to be the bad guy when really, they're as honest as a big corporation like that is going to come.
    I'm glad there wasn't a DK3, it would have most likely looked and played like shite if they tried to rush it within two years from when DK2 was released.
    Enough ignorant hatred for EA already, prove a valid point that's more recent and isn't a bunch of cogwash.