Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RPG Suggestion Thread

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Default Re: RPG Suggestion Thread

By stealthy I'm referring to Rogues and Thieves. They can just walk over it, and it will not trigger.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    By stealthy I'm referring to Rogues and Thieves. They can just walk over it, and it will not trigger.
    Perhaps, but only if they're stealthily walking. And not running around like... Vermillion.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Perhaps, but only if they're stealthily walking. And not running around like... Vermillion.
    No, not if they are running like a crazied, rabid and insane person.

Trigger Trap and Inferno Trap are accepted. Lava Trap will have to wait another day.

Tesonu is napping!

Here's some ideas I've been thinking about lately...

Reduce the Effects of Speed Monster from 200% to 150%?
    Speed Monster is a very powerful buff, both in battle and out. In DK1, I can very easily argue that it is overpowered, and the same applies to the Awakening. It doubles a Unit's abilities, allowing them to attack twice as fast, move across a battlefield twice as fast, research, manufacture... you get the idea. I'm certain we can all agree on the Multiply Creature special being broken... Speed Monster is pretty much the same as that. A doubling buff is essentially the same as having a second copy of the Creature.

A reduction from a 100% boost to a 50% boost should make the ability more fair. Fair enough that I think we could also move Speed Group from the NPC Only Spells to the Normal Spells.

More Usefulness for the Hold Audience and Call-to-Arms Keeper Spells?
    Both of these Spells seem pretty worthless in the Awakening... Call-to-Arms had its usefulness in the games but in the Awakening, Keepers can easily order Creatures to head out to battle and move to a specific point. I was thinking of various ideas such as allowing the Call-to-Arms to create some sort of "Field" that extends 2-4 tiles around the Call-to-Arms flag, allowing the Keeper to cast "defensive" spells such as Lightning or Inferno in there. Alternatively, Keeper and/or Protective magic cast within the Field will have a slightly increased effect, perhaps a boost of 10-20%? One last idea would be that there is a reduction in Mana Cost, if we do end up implementing that idea.

As for Hold Audience, it never really was useful in the original game and is even more useless in the Awakening as Keepers can easily pick up and drop Creatures from Point A to Point B. I couldn't get many ideas for this one... perhaps it could act as an instant teleportation for all Creatures to any part of the Player's dungeon? Just a thought, though it isn't much better than the current usage, admittedly. Does anyone else have an idea?

Implement a Mana System?
    Lastly, for the Spell related suggestions anyways, should we create some sort of Mana System? It would allow for Keeper RPers to have a better feel for what Spells they can cast when, and could create a drawback to excessive Traps. This is more so something that needs a response from the fellow Keepers, Mothrayas and MeinCookie, as it doesn't really effect normal Creatures in any noticeable/direct way. I also will be posting my own Mana System after experimenting in Northland. It will essentially serve more as a set of Guidelines rather than be an "official" Mana System that is forced to follow.

Tunnellers Detecting Secret Doors
    Just an extra perk to Tunnellers and to give Heroes a way to counter the Secret Door. Tunnellers detecting Secret Doors. Well, it makes logical sense, that's for sure. I can't see a real reason why not. Any rejects on this idea?

Room Size Impact
    I was thinking that we could expand (or implement, rather) emphasis on Room Size, now that all the Realms are measured by tiles. At the moment, there's no difference between Kuroki's miniature Workshop and Tesonu's oversized Workshop. There's practically no point in expanding beyond a 3x3 room, and I think that should be changed.

Ideas related to how Room Size could have an effect is simply with capacity. 3x3 Prison allows 2 Prisoners, 4x4 allows 5, etc.

Additionally, it could also effect efficiency in other rooms, such as the Library. If the Library is too small, there's a decrease in efficiency. Alternatively, if it is significantly large, there's a small increase. I think this would be measured by how many "furniture" pieces there are, not counting the ones on the walls. With a 3x3 Room and only one furniture piece, the efficiency would be 76%. With every additional piece of furniture, it increases by 3% until we end up with 100% with 9 furniture pieces. A 5x5 room in other words. Going beyond that would increase the efficiency by 2%, stopping at 115% with 17 or more furniture pieces. (16 furniture pieces = 6x6 room)

We'd end up with something like this:

Code:
    17+ = 115%
    16  = 114%
    15  = 112%
    14  = 110%
    13  = 108%
    12  = 106%
    11  = 104%
    10  = 102%
    9   = 100%
    8   =  97%
    7   =  94%
    6   =  91%
    5   =  88%
    4   =  85%
    3   =  82%
    2   =  79%
    1   =  76%
    Room Efficiency would admittedly be difficult for others to measure unless they have some sort of system of work like what Moth and I have established. At the least, it would only truly apply to the Library, Workshop, and Training Room. Research in the Library is done by Keepers anyways, in which case only Moth, Cookie, and I have to worry about that. I would like to really implement this idea, even if it is only used by a few RPers. (A few is a lot here anyways :P)

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Hold Audience could teleport units to any room owned by a player, and stun/WoP/damage any enemy troops there on calldown?

A bit dubious about changing the Call-to-Arms if only because Rattus has one right at Kuroki's heart =/

Agree on Tunnelers.

I think a Mana system might be a thing best implemented by personal preference among Keepers.

Also you're room sizes doesn't account for the Combat Pit. Rooms like Lair and CP need to have an equivalent rating in terms of capacity/available squares.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    Hold Audience could teleport units to any room owned by a player, and stun/WoP/damage any enemy troops there on calldown?
    Rather questionable. Seems too useful and powerful, in addition to being easily exploitable.

Here's a new idea. What if Hold Audience actually froze all Creatures within a certain radius for a certain period of time? It would effect both enemies and allies, making it a defensive only ability in that a Keeper's own Creatures won't be able to engage combat with them as they would also freeze in time. Keeper can't interact in this area either. (Meaning he won't be able to pick up a Creature of his that froze itself) This would have a large mana cost and would have some sort of cool down of 100 posts, preventing it from being spammable.

Hold Audience was supposed to be some sort of "Final Defense" or "Last Resort" move. I figure that this new idea would accomplish something similar, but with a different approach. It buys a Keeper time to reunite his Creatures and mobilize to form one last defense. This extra time could also be used to try and finish up something in an emergency, like a Trap or a Spell that would aid in battle.

Thoughts?

A bit dubious about changing the Call-to-Arms if only because Rattus has one right at Kuroki's heart =/
    Well I don't think we should put down an idea simply because it would have a negative effect on Kuroki currently :P Remember that it won't actually effect him unless there's a battle going on there. That and, you can counter with your own Call-to-Arms spell.

I think a Mana system might be a thing best implemented by personal preference among Keepers.
    I see. So depending on what Moth says, if anything, I may just end up going with my original plan.

Also you're room sizes doesn't account for the Combat Pit. Rooms like Lair and CP need to have an equivalent rating in terms of capacity/available squares.
    Combat Pit would be similar to the Prison. In other words, its capacity would work the same way as it did in DK2. For every Pit tile, one Creature is allowed. Lair nor Hatchery I don't think should be effected too much, if at all. They're very simple and basic rooms.

While writing out the Hold Audience idea, I got an idea regarding the Armageddon Spell. Perhaps this could allow for the Armageddon Spell to join the Awakening.

Basically, what Armageddon will do is teleport all of the Keeper's Creatures, regardless of their location, to some sort of alternative and empty realm. Followed are all enemy Units, but only the ones that are on the Keeper's land. From there, the Creatures will fight with each other until one side wins, and then the victors will be transported to the castor's Dungeon Heart.

The Castor's Creatures will receive some sort of buff. They'll either be fully healed, receive a minor Speed/Protect buff or even a Rebound buff. (It will be the same for all Creatures, it just needs to be defined what the exact buff is) All buffs will be temporary, obviously. They won't last as long as they normally would, but will give the Castor's Creatures an edge/advantage earlier in the fight.

The disadvantage? The Keeper is cut off from his Creatures, so he cannot aid them in any way. This includes giving advice. Being as they're away from the Keeper's Land, there is no Trap or Door to help the Creatures either. The effects of Teleportation, Resurrection, and Invisibility are nullified. There is no terrain to take advantage of, nor can there be any retreat. This is a final stand, a last resort.

Like Hold Audience, there will be a large Mana Cost to cast and it cannot be re-cast for 100 or so posts. It's a more "complex" spell, but I find it especially interesting that way.

What do others think of it?

Tesonu is napping!

Ah, I nearly forgot another idea I had. How about the Fairy obtains two High Power Spells? They're pretty fragile so they'd probably need the power to make up for it.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Fragility applies to many creatures including Mistresses, some insects, all sorts. Although admitedly Fairy is the most magical. I support, but do consider them too.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; April 20th, 2012 at 06:04.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Fragility applies to many creatures including Mistresses, some insects, all sorts. Although admitedly Fairy is the most magical. I support, but do consider them too.
    Dark Mistresses aren't as fragile, and they have some physical strength as well. (Though admittedly, not as magical) Plus they're fast. Beetles and Spiders receive their Awakening buffs so I wouldn't consider them fragile, with Spiders possessing the best magic of the three. Flies are the only real ones that are fragile but they make up for it by being the fastest out of any Creature.

So yeah... I don't think the others deserve such a feat. Mostly because they don't really have the magical properties and would only support one High Power spell :P
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; April 20th, 2012 at 06:09.

Tesonu is napping!