Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming Discussion

Hellhound

Default Brainstorming Discussion

The purpose of this topic is to brainstorm and throw around ideas that haven't been fully fleshed out yet to become a thread, yet. I'm pretty sure some of us have ideas in our heads saying ''That'll look cool in WFTO, but I haven't thought about it much'' or ''I have this great idea, but will it fit in WFTO?''
    While this may not be that useful (and possibly may fit better in Discussion), I'll leave this thread here to serve it's purpose. It's more or less a talk page before we start making our own threads, cluttering the Suggestions catagory.

My current idea is a water-based creature for the Heroes, a counterpart to the Tentacle for the Creatures. I would suggest it being a ''good'' Siren, but I don't know how well this will be recieved by the rest of the community.

Anyone else want to throw any ideas out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ideas
    Siren (Hero water-based unit, counterpart to the Tentacle) -Sire
    --Siren Skills by MeinCookie
    Giant Preying Mantis (Hostile / Creature) -Evi
    Vanguard (Hero - Spiky Armored Knight with a mace in left hand.) -Evi
    Melee Fairy Hero (Hero, fairy focusing on melee) -Evi
    Forest Spirit / Guardian (Similar to a Pokemon character) -Evi
    Fire Elemental (Hostile / Neutral creatures inhabiting lava. Water versions may exist) -Edokage
    Guardian (Mechanicle creature made in Workshop, a ''unit-type'' sentry) -Edokage
    Saint (Special Hero, can banish Horny from the realm.) -Edokage
    Elemental Insects (Allows Insects to gain a random element upon reaching level 10, making them much more powerful and the ability to cast spells from that element.) -Mothrayas
    Expanded Mood System (Allows for more room with mood changes and the like.) -MeinCookie
    Last edited by Sire; March 20th, 2010 at 03:43.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Brainstorming Discussion

LOL... great minds think alike . I was considering creating a "Siren" thread over the last few days. But an evil demented style one like a 'Demonic' or 'Possessed' Siren. I was working off several ability ideas I had.

Siren's Screech - Stuns/Freezes all nearby creatures, allied and enemy.
    Shatter Pitch - Deals extremely high damage rates to a door or barricade, usually destroying it.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Before I go to bed, might as well put a few things here.

Giant Preying Mantis Hostile/Creature? - Don't really care for this one. Last Insect Creature that is different. Scorpions ftw.

Vanguard Hero - A Spiky Armoured Knight who has a mace for a left hand. Remember Cardinal Syn's Vanguard? That guy! He's awesome!

A Melee Fairy Hero - Another inspiration from Cardinal Syn: Juni the Fairy.

I had one more, like a Forest Spirit/Guardian but it involved a Pokemon *COUGH*LookInMySig*Cough*MyOnlyFavorite*COUUGH*, and almost everyone here hates Pokemon, because of that damn 'Ass Ketchup', and the stupid Anime. The games are WAY better... So, yeah, lets ignore that.

That's all Folks. ZZZ!
    Last edited by Evi; March 4th, 2010 at 05:26.

Some ideas of my own:
    Fire elemental: Hostile neutral creature that lives in small pools of lava and pops out to attack anyone walking by. It is practically immortal (respawns in the same pool a small while after being killed) but doesn't go past two tiles beyond the pool. The only way to 'kill' it is to put a lid on the hole using a stone bridge. A water equivalent can also be found. It is far less dangerous than its lava counterpart but respawns faster. Both elementals inhabit pools of maximum 16 squares and are stronger the bigger the pool is.

Guardian: A mechanical creature created in the workshop. A guardian is a statue that comes to life whenever an enemy is near (the same distance any other creature would attack). The guardian goes back to the place it stood before whenever the enemy is either dead or has fled. A guardian's level depends on the price paid when creating it.

Saint: Special hero (a stronger version of the monk). A saint is in most regards like a stronger monk but with bonuses against all unholy creatures (vampires, skeletons and bile demons). He also possesses the most annoying ability to banish horny from this realm (giving the keeper a long cooldown on the 'summon horny' spell whenever he does) when fighting him so watch out.

Elemental Insects: After passing level 10 insects get a random magical element applied to them (Ice, Lightning, Fire) and they become much more powerful. May or may not be related with Metal Gear Rex' Natural Selection idea. It makes the insects much more useful lategame and it'd look awesome to have Flies casting Lighting around. Or Spiders throwing around Meteors, lol.

The Awakening

Hellhound

Sire's Personal (failure) Review:

Siren Abilities: I know you are aiming more for an ''evil'' siren, but I would like a Siren for the Heroes that's more for support and buffs. (and is a Human)
    Preying Mantis: Another insect creature. Scorpion better (with my Impale skill added. )
    Vanguard: (WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE!) *Ahem* I like the look of Knights, but how exactly will it make its place in WFTO?
    Melee Fairy Hero: Um... no idea where it comes from, so can't comment. Although seeing an armored fairy in combat seems a little funny though...
    Fire Elemental: It's ok, but I don't know if we are using Hostiles in WFTO.
    Guardian: Why build a unit-type sentry when you have Guard Posts?
    Saint: We may not use Horny in WFTO, and seems a little overpowered.
    Elemental Insects: Looks interesting. I would like more discussion on this one.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    Vanguard: (WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE!) *Ahem* I like the look of Knights, but how exactly will it make its place in WFTO?
    Nice reference... x_x

This is what made me think about it.

Melee Fairy Hero: Um... no idea where it comes from, so can't comment. Although seeing an armored fairy in combat seems a little funny though...
    Lol, armoured Fairy.

Well, I was more along the lines of thinking of them as 'Thiefish', light armoured, favoring speed over power. Maybe has one or two spells.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

I had idea but I'm not to sure about it myself.... a possible improvement on the three-mood-system in DK:

A more detailed mood bar system, retaining the three-mood system, that makes juggling creature moods more interesting and realistic, and actually effect the efficiency of your dungeon. Happy moods will feed into a creatures work ethic meaning they work harder in libraries, training rooms, workshops and guardrooms. Creatures mood also effect the moods of those around them. This means that efficient dungeon placement and planing will greatly benefit your production.
    A overall dungeon happiness meter would also be available and feed into the score at the end of a game. There might even be a tab with which to monitor the moods off all of your creatures and deal with impending issues before they arise?

Opinions?
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

I was searching around, and I found this.

Some Mermaid monster.

Last edited by Evi; March 6th, 2010 at 20:29.

Hellhound

(Bump)

Anyone else have any ideas they wish to throw out there?

(Grammaticality Correct for any Grammar Nazis... "Anyone else have any ideas that he or she wishes to throw out there?")