Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Three Things...

Default Re: Three Things...

I totally agree with Krizzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    How would you know? The ones who have invisiblity are Avatar, Fairy, Ghost, Warlock, and Thief. Plus Avatar's invisiblity is removed in my patch so it works well either way.

Fairy and Warlock don't count because they have too many spells and they lose their invisiblity when casting these spells. And the Ghost only can use it at levels below 8 for drain.

Thief is the only one who can use it, and that's not much of a threat.

Not to mention the long wait to reobtain the spell.

I've done tests, it isn't broken at all. Maybe you should have tried doing a little test before calling it broken.
    Cast Invisibility on a bunch of Orcs, throw them in combat, one sided battle ensues. Also works on Horned Reapers, Giants, Barbarians, etc.

Or go possess a Thief, walk into an enemy dungeon, unpossess, invisible imp slaughtering ensues.
    Last edited by Mothrayas; March 19th, 2010 at 12:19.

The Awakening

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I totally agree with Krizzie.

Cast Invisibility on a bunch of Orcs, throw them in combat, one sided battle ensues. Also works on Horned Reapers, Giants, Barbarians, etc.

Or go possess a Thief, walk into an enemy dungeon, unpossess, invisible imp slaughtering ensues.
    Thanks for the obvious set of information, but I've alreay solved that as well.

Honestly you two just want to whine about something, that's why it is my own patch and not yours. Plus it is so easily changable it isn't even worth a complaint.

Now both of you stop it right now. That is not the point of this thread. And I will not allow you to ruin it either.

@Krizzie
    Well why do you think I want to include a data bit for each campaign? That makes everything easier managable but my work is my work so don't be getting into that.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; March 19th, 2010 at 16:33.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Ghost

If it was for your own patch which you will be using on your system you would've made a topic for your patch alone. Since you posted this in the KeeperFX part we asume you want Mefistotelis to implent it in KeeperFX and that's where the "whining" begins.

That you think these's changes are right and correct doesn't mean others think they are. And since this is a forum where people can comment on each other you will get comments. So don't start being an ass if people don't agree with you.

If you were a fan of the game you would understand my point in changing too many things.

So if you want this topic to be about your patch than change the topic name and get it out of the KeeperFX forum..

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    If it was for your own patch which you will be using on your system you would've made a topic for your patch alone. Since you posted this in the KeeperFX part we asume you want Mefistotelis to implent it in KeeperFX and that's where the "whining" begins.
    If you have been paying attention, this thread is for three suggestions.

The first is the Alarm Trap bug I would like to see fixed, otherwise it is a useless trap. In Level 16 in particular I noticed this.

Invisiblity Spell has a flaw. AI doesn't notice it either way but the player does, and I was thinking of getting that exploit cleared up.

And a suggestion on adding something new to the campaigns for easier play with alternative creature data which is different for whatever reason.

I mentioned my patch because this is how I noticed the second suggestion, and the third one was created from that idea.

Alarm Trap, Invisibility, and a possible suggestion for the campaigns.
    This whole thing started to Mothrayas calling that invisiblity thing broken, which prevoked my actions however his might have been prevoked by you. You began talking about off-topic things, bringing in this pointless and needless arguement.

I'd rather see it the other way around with the invis spell. The annoying thing about it is that when a warlock or thief uses it, and then they do speed/sight that the spell is canceld. If they do an attack they should become visible imo.

If you want melee to be ignored, then make sight work for every creature that is near the creature with sight. So that they are visible for the creatures and maybe within a line of sight for the keeper too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Melee without invisibility deactivating would be broken.

Retaining invincibility when using moves like Speed or Sight would be a better idea, imo.
    So you see this was started by you.

That you think these's changes are right and correct doesn't mean others think they are. And since this is a forum where people can comment on each other you will get comments. So don't start being an ass if people don't agree with you.
    Are we down to insults now? I'm not the one who wanted to argue, mind you. I just wanted these things fixed.

I was going to PM Mefisto myself on the subject at hand, but I thought if I created a thread I could hear other people's opinons on those issues and if they should be altered. I guess that was my mistake, I forgot about human carelessness and possible stupidity.

It is rather annoying when you're fighting an off-topic arguement created by the person you argue with, you should pay attention more.

If you were a fan of the game you would understand my point in changing too many things.
    No duh, I'm not even going to waste my time explaining it to you since you might miss the point as you did of this topic.

So if you want this topic to be about your patch than change the topic name and get it out of the KeeperFX forum..
    Yeah and if you'd been paying attention you'd realize this isn't about my patch but you two seem to want to talk about it don't you? Yes let's complain about something we don't even have to do.

You cannot win this arguement simply because it doesn't exist. As far as I'm concerned you're just posting hate filled comments and trolling. Why do I say trolling? Because you picked that little thing out and turned it into a big arguement. Seriously reading over I feel like I'm reading over a Troll's work.

Both of you stop it seriously, or I'll get someone else who you'll listen to.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Ghost

I'd rather see it the other way around with the invis spell. The annoying thing about it is that when a warlock or thief uses it, and then they do speed/sight that the spell is canceld. If they do an attack they should become visible imo.
    Well it was rather worthless the other way around, all it is is an escape ability which doesn't work well with AI.

If you want melee to be ignored, then make sight work for every creature that is near the creature with sight. So that they are visible for the creatures and maybe within a line of sight for the keeper too.
    Well I have no idea how to do that. I made Melee not possible to reveal invisible creatures only because it is nice and basic, I asked DL on how. And from what you said only Mefisto is capable of that, but he can only go so far.

Don't worry recharge and effect time is changed too to balance it more.
    Your original comments on my post about the Conceal spell. Not really offtopic is it?

Don't worry recharge and effect time is changed too to balance it more.
    My point comes from there, by changing everything it isn't Dungeon Keeper like it's supposed to be anymore. For example you want to change A and to do so you will edit B, C and D. so infact you have changed four things instead of fixing one. You want to make creature A more effective by it but what happends to creatures B, C and D how to they make use of it, and how will it affect the game balance, cause that's whats been left out here.

Yes it's not really ontopic for your three suggestions but it might be worth considering when trying to fix these "problems".

Cause and Effect.

Invis is useless unless you possess the creature, literally speaking, since whether or not the creature goes invisible they're going to attack and when they attack they expose themselves, sometimes literally.