View Poll Results: Should the Test Realm be approved?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Approve Test Realm

5 50.00%
  • Reject Test Realm

0 0%
  • Approve Test Realm, but requires tweaks (fixes)

2 20.00%
  • It should be open to all realms, not just the Test Realm

0 0%
  • Suggestions should never make it into the RP

1 10.00%
  • Indifferent (Doesn't Care)

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Test Realm Poll

Hellhound

Default Re: Test Realm Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    This is going to be a big thing and I don't think it's likely there will be always order. Atleast in the Awakening RPG you had an idea what was going on, generally. But will it be the case here?

Anyway, I'l be glad to let anyone take care of this if that person thinks he's up for it. Maybe Sire? Just PM me. I'l be closing this poll between 1-3 weeks from today.
    One will never know until he tries. The idea may become a great success, or may become an epic failure. Such are the rules of the free market and the hopeful entrepreneurs that make it possible.

I have sent an application regarding becoming a Test Realm Manager. Only thing that I currently fear is the matter of balancing. I was never proficient in placing out stats or balancing units. Another person will mostly likely be required if the application goes through.

I also have little prior experience. Alas, that will not stop me from carrying out the task at hand. One will never learn unless given the chance to do so.

Anyways, best of luck to ye, and hope that the Test Realm becomes a great success,
    -Sire

If it requires tweaks then this could allow less balancing issues for WftO when you think about it.

But it should never be mixed with 'non-canon' creatures that were in DKI/II, that would ruin it.

The idea of Dungeon Keeper is that both I and II are completely different places, so new creatures and lack of old creatures are a given. (Africa has black people, mostly, and china has asian people, mostly) That's how I've seen it at least, how DKII changed the Horned Reaper however, that was just a marketing device because EA are faggots.
    But considering DKII creatures are already mixed with DKI's in this, you can't split'em up now.
    With this idea, you can promote it and you have a good reason not to mix'em, their origins.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    If it requires tweaks then this could allow less balancing issues for WftO when you think about it.

But it should never be mixed with 'non-canon' creatures that were in DKI/II, that would ruin it.
    It is somethig the creator can do, his or her own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    The idea of Dungeon Keeper is that both I and II are completely different places, so new creatures and lack of old creatures are a given. (Africa has black people, mostly, and china has asian people, mostly) That's how I've seen it at least, how DKII changed the Horned Reaper however, that was just a marketing device because EA are faggots.
    But considering DKII creatures are already mixed with DKI's in this, you can't split'em up now.
    With this idea, you can promote it and you have a good reason not to mix'em, their origins.
    Yup that's a good point...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Well since two voters don't care, that would pretty much cancel out their votes so it would be more like 8 voters, not 10.

1/8=12.5%

So 62.5% Approve
    25% Approve but with tweaks
    12.5% think suggestions should never be possible

So overall 87.5% Approve in general... against 12.5%... heehee, and some people question the use of math.

Tesonu is napping!

I'm more than happy to announce that I've placed Sire in charge of this project and it's probbaly going to start next week! I've been asked if ''normal'' creatures could be transfered to this new realm, yes they can, but WftO suggestions will not be allowed to transfer, this should satisfy everyone. The penalty is not entirely set yet, but will certainly include the level penalty.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    I'm more than happy to announce that I've placed Sire in charge of this project and it's probbaly going to start next week! I've been asked if ''normal'' creatures could be transfered to this new realm, yes they can, but WftO suggestions will not be allowed to transfer, this should satisfy everyone. The penalty is not entirely set yet, but will certainly include the level penalty.
    Same penalty as the other one or maybe a little more drastic?

Drastic Version
    Level 1 - 2 : no penalty
    Level 3 - 4 : 1 level penalty
    Level 6 - 7 : 2 levels penalty
    Level 8 : 3 levels penalty
    Level 9 : 4 levels penalty
    Level 10 : 5 levels penalty

That?

Oh can I be writer for this one or is it up to Sire? I've been getting some thinking done and while I haven't come up with anything yet I will in the next five seconds after I take some Ibuprofen to get rid of the headache blocking my thoughts.

PS: There's a typo in the rules, you put:

Level 4 - 5: 1 level penalty
    Level 5 - 7: 2 levels penalty
    When it should be:

Level 4 - 5: 1 level penalty
    Level 6 - 7: 2 levels penalty
    Seeing as the previous is a 5.

Edit:
    *DING!*

Ideas ready.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; March 27th, 2010 at 11:19.

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

@ MGR:

I already got a storyline and stuff planned for the normal ''Keeper'' realm already. I was going to cheat and force my Valkyrie in there no matter the polls (due to storyline reasons), but it looks like she will make it fairly.

However, I am currently discussing about the possibility of a Hero Realm. If it passes, you (as well as everyone else interested), can become the LotL and have most of the control for your own realm (including maps, storyline, and what to be tested.)

While the Test Realm forum may open up the beginning of next week, the Keeper RP should be ready at the end of that week, if not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    @ MGR:

I already got a storyline and stuff planned for the normal ''Keeper'' realm already. I was going to cheat and force my Valkyrie in there no matter the polls (due to storyline reasons), but it looks like she will make it fairly.
    Cheater! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    However, I am currently discussing about the possibility of a Hero Realm. If it passes, you (as well as everyone else interested), can become the LotL and have most of the control for your own realm (including maps, storyline, and what to be tested.)
    Well I'm sure alot would like to be the LotL, considering the impossibilities to even be a Hero... That's alot of realms plus who will join someone else's realm when they all have their own?

My own opinion is simply one Hero Realm, maybe two for different style's/feels and further testing. But if there's going to be two of anything, it should be Keeper Test realms, due to there being alot more Creature/Neutral suggestions than Hero Suggestions.

However I can see the point in multiple Hero Realms, that's not normally allowed in the RPG so it could provide testing to see if it could be part of the RPG or if not simply be there for that pure enjoyment section.

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Well I'm sure alot would like to be the LotL, considering the impossibilities to even be a Hero... That's alot of realms plus who will join someone else's realm when they all have their own?

My own opinion is simply one Hero Realm, maybe two for different style's/feels and further testing. But if there's going to be two of anything, it should be Keeper Test realms, due to there being alot more Creature/Neutral suggestions than Hero Suggestions.

However I can see the point in multiple Hero Realms, that's not normally allowed in the RPG so it could provide testing to see if it could be part of the RPG or if not simply be there for that pure enjoyment section.
    When I meant LotL, I meant the LotL for the single Hero Test Realm.

Perhaps if it gets popular, a normal Hero roleplay may be able to open up in The Awakening, but I have no power there.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a Test Realm Discussion Topic before we go further off-topic in the polls.

Hellhound

This thread has served its purpose and may be closed, archived, or deleted.