Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Thread: Central Discussion Topic

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Central Discussion Topic

So there's quite a significant change. I'll be putting Dark Omega in charge of Red Crystal Islands as Kuroki, for numerous reasons.

First off, as things stand, the Awakening relies far too much on me, and now that I'm in school, there's too many times where I can't post. So that is a problem that needs to be corrected.

Secondly, I would have Cookie step down as a Keeper regardless of the above. He has disappointed me in his role as Kuroki to the point that I no longer believe he is capable of handling that position. I am saying this after a long history with him as both a Keeper and an RPer in general. He has caused inactivity spikes twice during battle situations as a result of a failure to communicate that he was unable to post. He's deliberately abandoned RCI in the past, focusing on other realms instead, which also caused Creatures to leave. He has afterwards only given me empty promises to bring back RCI. He is considered inactive now, but has left on bad terms. He has, since over a month ago, failed to reply to a PM discussing Kuroki and RCI and has not communicated in any other way. He has given no reason for this as of yet, but I know he has had the opportunity to do so as he appeared several times on the forums after I last messaged him.

So, in short, Cookie has greatly disappointed me as a Keeper and will be stepping down.

As for why I am choosing Dark Omega to perform this task, there's a few reasons for that. Originally I planned to have Mothrayas bring back Faircoast, but as it turns out, he is too busy to be able to handle the realm so it isn't a very good option. That leaves us with literally only two RPers to choose from, as I previously asked Evi as he had some experienced as Mikaelios but he declined. Between Dark Omega and Decagon, I've known Dark Omega for longer, he seems more active, and I keep in better contact with him, so the decision easily goes to him.

So now I have Dark Omega installed as Kuroki. I've already gone over the whole plot with him and he's updated the info post for RCI in addition to the map. First thing he needs to do as Keeper is a cleanup of the dungeon because it is a mess in RCI with only 6 active Creatures and an invading Keeper.

One last thing is that I just want everyone to make sure he stays away from the ponies. That's the main drawback to selecting him.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

There's been an update in the RPG Rules section. Nothing in the actual rules of the RP (first post), but more so in the mechanics of rooms, etc. Everything, with the exception of Traps and Doors, has been updated. Updates include a change of format and description to make sure things have more clarity, or that certain mechanics are made more official. An example of the latter would be room size, as it was never officially a concern. It is now stated which rooms are more directly effected by room size.

Actual new additions would involve a restriction on the Workshop, based on room size. In addition to the limit of finished items that can be stored at the Workshop, there is a limit to the amount of Traps that can be active at any point. The max is equal to the amount of Workshop tiles a Keeper has. The limit on both, while they're equal, do not effect each other in any direct way.

The Scavenger Room has been updated. See the RPG Rules for more details but it essentially is the same as it was proprosed in the RPG Suggestions thread, with the exception of the removal of the Dungeon Management concept. It has recieved some slight changes but nothing major.

Call-to-Arms has also recieved a change in mechanics. Keepers have influence in the CTA AoE, but only influence to interact with their own Creatures as described in the RPG Rules. Previously it had a Morale Boost of some sort but that was removed. Same goes for the Hold Audience spell.

The Thunder spell has been added. See the RPG Rules for details.

Create Gold has been updated. It has a moderate Mana Cost as opposed to the previous high cost, but the research value has been bumped up as a result.

The Mana Boost has been added as an Uncommon Special. See RPG Rules for details.

Destroy Walls special has been updated to be a Rare special, based on the actual usefulness of the effects. Also, it now specifically only effects Keepers, not Heroes.

That is all.

Edit:
    Also, someone else post here so it doesn't look like I'm spamming the thread as much.

Tesonu is napping!

Since I'm invited by Rex to make a post here, here's another round of The Awakening trivia, in the form of some nice graphs:
    (all data came from here)

For the record, the current total count of creatures is 175 (though there are two who haven't entered a realm yet).

Creature gender Ratio:

(Haven't calculated how much this is offset by Metal Gear Rex only creating female characters. Difference would be approximately a ****ton.)

Spoiler

Total Creatures by level:

Sliding scale of quantity vs. quality is in full effect here.

Spoiler

Total creatures by realm

Two graphs here: one for all creatures, and one only for active ones. Note that "active Faircoast" is what the number of creatures would be if the realm was reactivated. (Which I'm still planning to do at some point.)

There's a total of 45 active creatures (51 if counting Faircoast).

Spoiler

Total creatures by player

Individually includes all current active players and previous long-runners. The pie chart shows that 75% of all RPG creatures are created by the same 10 players. (For the record, the total count of players is 31)

Spoiler

Total creatures by species

Warlocks are still by far the most popular species - one out of eight creatures is a Warlock. Rogues are second. Then it's a three-way tie between Demon Spawns, Salamanders, and Goblins.

Spoiler

Number of creatures created per 30 days:

This more or less marks inactive periods, as well as periods of revival, where people tend to create a lot of new creatures.

Spoiler

Last edited by Mothrayas; October 2nd, 2013 at 21:00.

The Awakening

I've added three more enemy NPC Keepers. If you're interested in who they are, you'll have to look themselves up, but you'll laugh when you see who they are and know why they're named.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Bravo, bravo. The best part is originally the spelling for Jar and Lar wasn't the same, but I think it was me that mutilated it into the current form. Or Who-Horny, maybe.

In any case, had a good laugh.